Copyright help?

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
Nisebird

Copyright help?

Post by Nisebird » January 3rd, 2018, 3:25 pm

Um hiya, I don't know too much about nightcore though I do love it very much, it's made a lot of my favorite songs better and even brought me to love some songs I wasn't too fond of originally.

Unfortunately with taking my first steps into this, my video got immediately flagged and blocked in a few countries - though the one I care most about is the US - despite ensuring I took as many steps I could to not get flagged for it. I'm guessing it was a bot?

Anyways I was looking to see for some help on if I would be in the right to dispute it under fair use? I usually make MMD videos and the odd AMV, but I've never run into this kind of trouble before.

If any information about the song would help. It is a j-pop song (I've seen a couple boards on here talking about how unless it's edm or trance etc it isn't nightcore), from back in 2004, it was an ending to an old show I used to like. The copyright claim is from Sony Entertainment Music too.

EDIT: Whoops I forgot, the song is Kimi to Boku by I WiSH
Zurd

Re: Copyright help?

Post by Zurd » January 3rd, 2018, 3:29 pm

There's nothing you can do about it. Fair Use doesn't apply. Just take the hit and make sure you don't have 3 in less than 6 months, else you will get banned from youtube :)

Yes, you were probably flagged by a bot, youtube has some algorithms to check the audio in everything that is uploaded to their site.

We have an interesting thread about this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=590
Nisebird

Post by Nisebird » January 3rd, 2018, 3:35 pm

Rats...

I guess I'll just have to upload it somewhere else then, it's a shame because Youtube is one of the easiest video sites for content to be viewed.

Thanks for replying!

I did check that out to see what was listed, but I couldn't find SME on the list unless it's somewhere further down
Zurd

Post by Zurd » January 3rd, 2018, 3:37 pm

if it's any consolation, it doesn't happen too often ;)
Nisebird

Post by Nisebird » January 3rd, 2018, 3:43 pm

:> Thank you! That's quite the comfort if I decide to purchase the editing programs I'm using trials for after I finish the ones I've got planned
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » January 3rd, 2018, 6:56 pm

Tracks getting flagged and claimed is very common and not usually dangerous at all, it happens to 90% of what I upload. It's done automatically by bots, not sure how, but it's pretty hard to avoid.

Videos getting blocked is significantly more uncommon, but it happens, especially to more well-known (mainstream) songs and remixes of those songs. It also depends on the label of course, and what country the label is based in (and the laws of that country).

Fair use almost never applies, and unless you're absolutely certain that it does apply, I wouldn't dare dispute.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » January 9th, 2018, 7:26 pm

If it's flagged by a bot or by Youtube's Content ID tool, you probably won't have to worry. Your account is only in danger if your video actually gets taken down by a human going through the takedown process.

But in any case, do not dispute. You'll almost never win.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
shadow music

Post by shadow music » September 7th, 2021, 4:20 pm

this is common you will get copyright claim.

but you can get your nightcore songs lisenced by youtube In your channel

just give the lyrics in your video description and and write all credits to the song writer and director and the music company

after that make your video unlisted for 10 hours after 10 hours you will see youtube gived you lisence

and then make it public.

by the way this is my channel link: https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCa4wsGeBwKW1Lj9zzqybw