How to Nightcore a song! (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL)

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Peter

Re: How to Nightcore a song! (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL)

Post by Peter » January 12th, 2013, 4:35 am

TheRagingGymnast wrote:I'd like to experiment with my pitch and tempo while also adjusting the beat abit.
I am now testing some new programs such as PCDJ which I use to increase the pitch even more.

But anyways, it really is a nice tutorial :)
Make sure that the Vocals and the Beat will be balanced, you do not want to make the kick of the bass overpower the Vocals. :D
hdmusikguy

Post by hdmusikguy » July 13th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Well Wavepad Is the Best to use when it comes to speeding up a song, and if you want to know what nightcoring on wavepad sounds like, click here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAut5gPWj0
NightcoreXaaron

Post by NightcoreXaaron » July 23rd, 2013, 5:50 pm

Hey im sorta new to the nightcore comunity and i was wondering can you just use a a software such as virtual dj?
Well...Here iz my amazing channel! [Subscribe for the pink guy] Nightcore ftw!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kyleaaron91
`’•.¸*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*¸.•’´
(♡) Kyleaaron91 (♡)
¸.•’´*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*`’•.¸
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » July 23rd, 2013, 6:47 pm

NightcoreXaaron wrote:Hey im sorta new to the nightcore comunity and i was wondering can you just use a a software such as virtual dj?
Yeah I suppose.
I'm not really an expert at Nightcoring, but I have uploaded some stuff and I used VDJ on a few and they turned out fine :3
sammydjones123

Post by sammydjones123 » September 27th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Hey I'm new to the site and I was wondering how would I get just the instrumentals to What Hurts the Most? (nightcore of course XD) I only have access to Audacity at the moment. Please help! Thanks a million!
Raver

Post by Raver » September 30th, 2013, 6:39 am

sammydjones123 wrote:Hey I'm new to the site and I was wondering how would I get just the instrumentals to What Hurts the Most? (nightcore of course XD) I only have access to Audacity at the moment. Please help! Thanks a million!
You can't remove the vocal of a song without making it sound pretty bad. You should google it and if you're lucky you can get a less shitty file, but won't get a perfect one at all.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
through_a_haze

Post by through_a_haze » October 2nd, 2013, 2:23 pm

I nightcored tracks on "WavePad", then i use "MAGIX Video Pro X5" for attaching picture.
And now question:
what better format to export video from "MAGIX" and upload on Youtube in ratio size/quality?
what format you use for uploads on Youtube?

p.s.
Sorry for my english
Zurd

Post by Zurd » October 2nd, 2013, 2:55 pm

youtube accepts pretty much anything and will convert it, send them something of good quality and they will convert it to something of good quality
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » October 3rd, 2013, 12:09 am

Are you allowed to nightcore Arabic or African songs?

What about songs from Central America?
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
Zurd

Post by Zurd » October 3rd, 2013, 12:13 am

Fernandez wrote:Are you allowed to nightcore Arabic or African songs?

http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... f=17&t=930
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » October 3rd, 2013, 12:00 pm

Zurd wrote:
Fernandez wrote:Are you allowed to nightcore Arabic or African songs?

http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... f=17&t=930
After reading that link, I'm thinking that only genre matters, not language or country of origin. Am I correct about this?
Zurd

Post by Zurd » October 3rd, 2013, 2:26 pm

yes, nightcore is only for dance and trance
MagicScream

Post by MagicScream » October 3rd, 2013, 4:06 pm

Zurd is right, Fernandez. Country or language doesn't matter, just whether or not it's techno or dance.

So yes, if you find, say, a techno song from Sudan that's in Arabic, you're free to nightcore it.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » March 16th, 2014, 5:43 pm

I think that "Never go mainstream" is a good rule of thumb to follow. It's been said time and time again by Maikel and other people that mainstream nightcore is bad, that it's a respect issue, etc.

Given the current state of mainstream music, it's generally best to stay away from any song that's playing on the radio.

Here are some reasons I thought of on why you should avoid nightcoring mainstream songs:
  • Nightcoring mainstream songs disregards the definition of nightcore set forth by its founding fathers. It basically throws the definition out the window (for lack of a better term). For more information, see this thread: http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... =11&t=1316
  • Mainstream songs have been "nightcored" countless times already. Your upload is likely to be buried deep in the Youtube search pages, meaning that it will be hard for people to find your video, and you won't gain much views.
  • Mainstream songs tend to have more copyright problems (at least in my experience). They are more likely to be blocked by record companies, generate copyright strikes, and have ads next to the video.
  • If you do decide to create an account on Nightcore Universe, you won't be allowed to post your videos or channel here. This forum has members that are very knowledgeable in nightcore who can help you improve and get your channel going. They are more likely to help you (and respect you) if you go the extra mile to make sure your videos/channel adheres to the Nightcore Posting Regulations (Link: http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... =11&t=1349).
Namahage

Post by Namahage » May 4th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Something I've noticed in music these days is that more and more non-nightcorable genres are incorporating elements of techno/trance into said genre. While this makes nightcoring more challenging for newbies than in years past, still, even a gorilla could probably separate techno and pop songs.
The media acting as the eyes of the society ought to practice its role with the highest journalistic ethics possible; feeding the society with information of unquestionable source to perpetuate the credibility and the moral obligation bestowed to it.
Dalebaxter01

Post by Dalebaxter01 » September 18th, 2014, 5:41 am

Hmmm the last lines, is not so possible when we all race to upload a new nightcored song, but most of the time I'm first and I normally always get ripped off
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » September 18th, 2014, 6:07 am

When a brand new track comes out there's imo a bit of a grace period, both to make sure that everyone gets the chance regardless of timezone, and also to not favor production speed over production quality.
dustinnewness

Post by dustinnewness » November 30th, 2014, 12:16 pm

You can use any of the computer based Applications like WavePad or Audacity. But you can also get the WavePad app on your phone or any other like device which i think would be easier for a lot of people especially teens like myself hope this helps I.e. Also the app upon first start up has some lag
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » November 30th, 2014, 1:14 pm

Not sure how it would be simpler in any way to do it on your phone, considering the slower interface. Not to mention making the video afterwards.
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » November 30th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Im requesting to lock this thread, if you'd like please post in the updated tutorial, this is outdated by a lot.
sorry quotes from me are illegal in other people's signatures sry
Jumpcore thats what the bass is for.
Rex

Post by Rex » December 18th, 2014, 3:17 am

lol.Who basically said that nightcore should be only "EUROTRANCE, EURODANCE, VOCAL TRANCE, AND DANCE" You ? "it's ridiculous" yes exactly.Stop be a fanatic and start expand your view on nightcore songs or if you can`t at least don`t tell what people should listen to especially when your own views on nightcore so limited.Some of the people use not only these genres and they have more than 100k subscribers don`t think you are smartest than them so learn to respect people and their work some of them work hard and they just share with normal people music what they like because music it`s a free will and free views and nightcore it`s a part of music.Actually if so many people like it isn't enough to prove you are wrong right now ? I think that's exactly what important in this situation and what can to judge our views
P.S.Speak whatever you want on this if the truth hurt you blame yourself it is not my business,if not,well you just will prove my words about fanatic.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » December 18th, 2014, 6:41 am

The first one who used the word Nightcore was the original Nightcore group.
hko2006 wrote:1. Literal meaning of Nightcore
“Nightcore means that we are the core of the night, so you’ll dance all night long”
“Nightcore has become a style of music, a way to make the music happier – ‘happy hardcore’ as they say."
So Nightcore is Dance music that sounds like Happy Hardcore.
So tell me, does sped up rock music or sped up rap music sound like Happy Hardcore?
Does it?
Rex wrote:at least don`t tell what people should listen to
We never said you can't listen to it. We want the name to differ from 'Nightcore'. It can be called Nightrock or Nightstep or Nightstyle for all I care, just no Nightcore.
Rex wrote:some of them work hard.
Rex wrote:lol
Nightcore isn't the hardest of work. It's just speeding up music, in your own words. It sounds like you're more of a fanatic than us, since we don't try to glorify the act of speeding up, just the name.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » December 19th, 2014, 10:44 am

Rex wrote:lol.Who basically said that nightcore should be only "EUROTRANCE, EURODANCE, VOCAL TRANCE, AND DANCE" You ? "it's ridiculous" yes exactly.Stop be a fanatic and start expand your view on nightcore songs or if you can`t at least don`t tell what people should listen to especially when your own views on nightcore so limited.Some of the people use not only these genres and they have more than 100k subscribers don`t think you are smartest than them so learn to respect people and their work some of them work hard and they just share with normal people music what they like because music it`s a free will and free views and nightcore it`s a part of music.Actually if so many people like it isn't enough to prove you are wrong right now ? I think that's exactly what important in this situation and what can to judge our views
P.S.Speak whatever you want on this if the truth hurt you blame yourself it is not my business,if not,well you just will prove my words about fanatic.
Is it so bad to allow only good rave music based on original nightcore on a forum? And I honestly dont care what genre at least if it sounds good. But most people make songs even worse if they pick genres like pop or rock with nightcore because they dont match to the speed and pitch theme of nightcore. You have to pick songs that sound good pitch and speed uped if its other genre. On the other hand trance and hands up fits to the speed and pitched up theme of nightcore most of the time.
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » December 19th, 2014, 11:44 am

Rex wrote:lol.Who basically said that nightcore should be only "EUROTRANCE, EURODANCE, VOCAL TRANCE, AND DANCE" You ? "it's ridiculous" yes exactly.Stop be a fanatic and start expand your view on nightcore songs or if you can`t at least don`t tell what people should listen to especially when your own views on nightcore so limited.Some of the people use not only these genres and they have more than 100k subscribers don`t think you are smartest than them so learn to respect people and their work some of them work hard and they just share with normal people music what they like because music it`s a free will and free views and nightcore it`s a part of music.Actually if so many people like it isn't enough to prove you are wrong right now ? I think that's exactly what important in this situation and what can to judge our views
Gabenation wrote:Is it so bad to allow only good rave music based on original nightcore on a forum? And I honestly dont care what genre at least if it sounds good. But most people make songs even worse if they pick genres like pop or rock with nightcore because they dont match to the speed and pitch theme of nightcore. You have to pick songs that sound good pitch and speed uped if its other genre. On the other hand trance and hands up fits to the speed and pitched up theme of nightcore most of the time.
In this case it's so ...
Very much "Nightcores" on youtube made from Pop, Rock or HipHop are really bad done. They have far to much pitch and are overaccelerated, then they sound not very enjoyable. Okay I have also to say that there ar some Fake-Nightcores that sound pretty good, but for me myself (except if the music is good) I won't listen to them more than one time. I don't like the Genres and the sound of them but that's my indivdual opinion about that, but that doesn't belong to this discussion here.
The crucial thing is ...
The only thing we want to do here on NU is to show people what Real-nightcore is. We don't wanna teach them (except if they want to get teached), or say what Nightcores or Genres they have to do.
But after that all it's pretty sad that most people don't like Nightcore, 'cause the first track they heard from this genre was a really bad done Fake-Nightcore. And through that all that Nightcore has a really bad image (like "Noobcore" I heard one time (made me angry and sad)) that it don't deserved. It's Really sad that nightcore has such a bad Name.
And I think most people here think the same as me. (If I'm not right plx correct me)
NightcoreChalzZy

Post by NightcoreChalzZy » April 15th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Thanks, this was really helpful!
SwedishTunes9311

Post by SwedishTunes9311 » April 24th, 2015, 1:18 pm

I Just wonder i have just Started to Nightcore Fear, And Loathing In Las Vegas (Band),
And wonder if there is any guidelines for the pitch and speed? :-)
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » April 24th, 2015, 3:22 pm

always 24 percent pitch and tempo together. 17.5 speed in audacity.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 24th, 2015, 3:25 pm

The end result should preferably be near the 170-180 BPM range, same as the original Nightcore tracks.
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » April 24th, 2015, 3:28 pm

emilemil1 wrote:The end result should preferably be near the 170-180 BPM range, same as the original Nightcore tracks.
To add on that if it's hardcore or hardstyle it will end up with over 190. Hardstyle you'll see bpm changes that are higher than 380
Nightcore4Life

Post by Nightcore4Life » July 12th, 2016, 12:51 pm

i uae audacity its really easy. whats a good song to do a nightcore of? its 7 years or streesed out or just like fire