Techno/Dream/Trance channel

Listen to the best of Nightcore!
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Read This First

If your channel doesn't fit the requirements, post it in User Uploads
xxCHANCExx

Techno/Dream/Trance channel

Post by xxCHANCExx » November 18th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Hey guys, I've got a lot of different types of music to offer in the techno/trance genres. Hardcore, dream trance, hard trance, and just plain old techno or trance! I'm a brand new artist, but people tell me to try to get out there more because they like my music, so that's what I'm trying lol =p . Click on my channel and check out some of my music and let me know what you think here! What's your fav, what can I improve on, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxxCHANCExxx

Btw, if you comment on my songs, like, and/or subscribe then I'll return the favor criticism! =] After all it's a community right?
Like trance/techno music? Check me out! HERE!

RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Re: Techno/Dream/Trance channel

Post by RaveComing » November 18th, 2010, 10:01 pm

Just letting you know that Dream Trance/Dance/Anything is not a genre or style, so please refrain calling vids "Dream XYZ" ;D
Also, dig each genres even if just a bit, to be able to name/tag your vids appropriately, I personnally don't like falling on a Dutch Hardcore track when looking for UK Hardcore. And anyway, hearing songs will only help you discover new tracks you might want to upload, or even get you to find a new favorite artist. Also, I'd counsel to choose video images with more parsimony. First 4 tunes I listen have darker trance intro, and yet figure some happy-looking anime picture. Visual is as important as audio, and having both of them fit makes your upload twice as good.

ie: Listen to this song (which is mainstream Dutch Gabber/Terrorcore, and not Dutch Hardcore as claimed by description)

Now, imagine the same song with the following image as a visual (Wikipetan!) Image
Not as classy, right?

Anyway, those are my 2 cents, make of them what you want, just be sure to have fun in uploading stuff!
xxCHANCExx

Post by xxCHANCExx » November 19th, 2010, 12:22 am

I really do appreciate the criticism! Not to try and start a disagreement, but I put dream trance or whatever in the title to describe the type of sound the song is going for. Imo I know somewhat about genres of trance and techno. I see a lot of people who create similar titles, not to justify my own doing. I guess it's more for describing the sound and I really haven;t heard anyone complain about it yet, so I'll probably keep the titles I'm using, but I'll keep what you said in the back of my head as reference. As for the pics, I do try to put some relevance into the pictures. I couldn't really tihnk of anything for the top track I have atm so that's the only exception there, but the one below is titles "Love Like Space" so I tried to search for a girl with a possible space or night sky scene in the back. The Zelda one...well, that's self-explanatory. To Lose a Friend, I put two friends to sort of signify something that may have been lost (personal experience). Waiting for you is a drawing of my girlfriends and have complete relevance if you think about it. Final Fantasy XIII, self-explanatory, cure to a broken heart, found a dreamy looking picture that almost looks like a flashback to a memory of a girl (again personal experience)....well you're probably tired of me explaining, but the rest has personal relevance or it's a space scene I made in PS.

ANYWAY LOL as I said before I really do appreciate the thought out criticism! I'm not trying to disagree, just provide some reasonable explanation to justify my doings lol. I do see your points though.

New song, let me know what you think. Yeah I know it's not my traditional style, but it's mainly because it was a remix lol.

RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » November 25th, 2010, 9:06 pm

xxCHANCExx wrote: New song, let me know what you think. Yeah I know it's not my traditional style, but it's mainly because it was a remix lol.
I personally enjoyed it, though your drop at the begining of the song lacked any real kick. Maybe use a stronger bass pound with reverb? All, I believe you could acheive a higher "ecstasy" level by making your pitch bending rise into way higher tones than those you presented inbetween 2:00 and 2:40. Also, starting 2:40, bass is getting a bit gritchy/sandy. Was it supposed to be like that? Because I think it rapes the clear sound you had managed to keep until then. Also, those bass would be AMAZING if you synced them with a clap every 2 drop. But then, make sure the bass is both very low and clear (this means removing the gritchy sound) and raise your clap volume a LOT. This blend is something to collapse walls.

If I had skills, I'd do the remix myself, but then... I suck at using remixing software of any kind. Also, keep in mind those are my tastes. If anything, I respect you since you are good at doing something I suck at but would want to be good at. Keep on the good work!
xxCHANCExx

Post by xxCHANCExx » November 27th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Thanks for the crit! By bass you mean the synth bass?