Fake Nightcorers

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
JustMeh

Fake Nightcorers

Post by JustMeh » July 4th, 2015, 8:56 am

I just joined this forum today so I could express my thoughts on "Night-corers" Now I am not talking about the ones who edit there songs and make them actual night core but with the ones who just speed up a remix.

For example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQxyOvJl4SU I know him personally and he told me he made a "Night core" I said "What did you use?" He said "I just found a remix and sped it up on Windows Movie Maker" I am mad about this and I think I should share my thoughts.

I have tried night core in Audacity and it is hard, I respect who does it and I hate people who use the tag to get views. He got 275 views and is now bragging about his work. When it took him like 10 seconds to do. I hate this idea of just speeding up a remix and that's all, You need to do a lot more work and use the bass a lot more.
If I am in a wrong category please move me, but My thoughts need to be shared.

People who fake night core piss me off, they think they can do it and get big by doing crap. I respect people who work hard and do night core with hard work. These people are really annoying and should go.

Please share your opinions.
HENTAiCORE

Re: Fake Nightcorers

Post by HENTAiCORE » July 4th, 2015, 9:15 am

yo, i can understand you, it always makes me sad when bad nightcore uploads get more resonance than actual productions.
but could you post an example of a quality nightcores edit pls?
even the best edits ive seen were nothing compared to actual music production, even when the production is mstly done with presets and samples.
My Soundcloud :3
Hardcore Producer and Composer since 2013
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » July 4th, 2015, 9:27 am

You do understand that "nightcore" is only a speed and pitch up of a techno style song, right? The idea being to replicate the sound of happy hardcore, albeit a bit faster.

The song you linked, however, cannot be classed as "nightcore" as it's not a techno style song and it sounds nothing like happy hardcore. Check out this song for an example of what happy hardcore sounds like:

See this announcement for more information regarding nightcore: http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... =21&t=5282
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » July 4th, 2015, 10:40 am

Uhh wonderful days :3
the rotterdam remix?
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » July 4th, 2015, 2:12 pm

the linked song is Fallout Boys - Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)

Nightcore never remix songs, the original idea is to recreate the pitched up vocals in Scooter - Nessaja and Scooter - Ramp! (The Logical Song).

Nightcore did so by speeding up Trance songs, so basically Nightcore is Trance in Happy Hardcore BPM with pitched up vocals.

However I see that you see Nightcore is a remixed song not just a sped up song. I commented on Nightcore KYM page of how to make a genuine Nightcore songs. "Trance in 175 BPM with pitched up vocal, plus not releasing the original one OR even make the whole song in 175 BPM and pitched up (by speeding up) vocal from scratch instead of making a 140 BPM trance then speed it up to 175 BPM. Then it will be an genuine Nightcore song." Full comment: http://knowyourmeme.com/comments/2563393

^ is this the real Nightcore to you?
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HENTAiCORE

Post by HENTAiCORE » July 4th, 2015, 2:36 pm

hko2006 wrote: I commented on Nightcore KYM page of how to make a genuine Nightcore songs. "Trance in 175 BPM with pitched up vocal, plus not releasing the original one OR even make the whole song in 175 BPM and pitched up (by speeding up) vocal from scratch instead of making a 140 BPM trance then speed it up to 175 BPM. Then it will be an genuine Nightcore song." Full comment: http://knowyourmeme.com/comments/2563393

^ is this the real Nightcore to you?
i would call this everything but not nightcore, just because high pitched stuffs are common stylistic devices in the style, nightcore is intended to copy.
nightcore never was an actual genre, it always was more of an internet myth.
why would you get a new name for something, just because another scene formed around the exact same thing?
imo nightcore can be used as name for tracks, which were formed into hardcore just by pitching and maybe remastering.
but somehow even this is useless, because this progress is so unspecial and dont take much skill to do.
i pitch and eq around on most of my samples in production and djs sometimes even pitch and eq live, the progress of making a nightcore track isnt much different.
JustMeh

Post by JustMeh » July 4th, 2015, 10:15 pm

Nightcore is a sped up style of music I agree, but people who make it in 5 minutes and get famous really piss me off.
Channels like these
https://www.youtube.com/user/NightcoreReality
https://www.youtube.com/user/yaminightcoredaily
Actually work on there songs, they don't just find a remix of the internet and speed it up.
I do dislike it immensely when people put the nightcore tag and a remix tag on something they just and only sped up.
I used him as a example he found a remix sped it up and called it nightcore.
Now he is bragging he got 300 views and he really did no work for it. I made the video myself he gave me the song. I searched up the song for a remix then sped it up, played them together and they were exactly the same.

Also from talking to him here is what he did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slpz_oD_hfA
I really hate it when people do this type of thing, then get popular for nothing.
People actually work for there fame and he gets it from 2 minutes of work.
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » July 4th, 2015, 10:44 pm

It is sad but true, nightcore is taking someone elses song and speeding it up, that's it, that's all you need to do. Honestly the hardest part of nightcore is to choose the right song and to make the video itself. At first I felt really happy about nightcore, it was fun, fast, and upbeat. Of course after MAKING it for awhile I realized that nightcore is not really a genre but a MEME. Something created by the internet for others to do. The fact that this person you speak of is gloating sickens me. His popularity had everything to do with chance, not skill. At least we aren't entirely like some "Music channels," that post UNEDITED music and get views off of them. This is rarely the case though as most music channels are kind and smart enough to ask permission and/or make contracts with artists.
We here are all... you could say guilty of this.

I try to make it up though by making AMVs, those can be made in movie maker but trust me, they take a lot of time and dedication.
JustMeh

Post by JustMeh » July 4th, 2015, 11:41 pm

ShadowCore89 wrote:It is sad but true, nightcore is taking someone elses song and speeding it up, that's it, that's all you need to do. Honestly the hardest part of nightcore is to choose the right song and to make the video itself. At first I felt really happy about nightcore, it was fun, fast, and upbeat. Of course after MAKING it for awhile I realized that nightcore is not really a genre but a MEME. Something created by the internet for others to do. The fact that this person you speak of is gloating sickens me. His popularity had everything to do with chance, not skill. At least we aren't entirely like some "Music channels," that post UNEDITED music and get views off of them. This is rarely the case though as most music channels are kind and smart enough to ask permission and/or make contracts with artists.

I try to make it up though by making AMVs, those can be made in movie maker but trust me, they take a lot of time and dedication.
I know it is frustrating, but the thing is people are like this and don't try.
Many people put time and effort into nightcore. I made the video for him he did nothing but speed up a song. In nightcore you generally speed up a song and change the pitch. But in the nightcore I see to be actual nightcore people need to edit it with pitch, speed and bass. They also need to choose the right type of song in my opinion.

Really people boast about making music and get fame for doing shitty work which annoys people who really do try.

I do make Nightcore every now and then on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1d6u ... STQ/videos and I am only 13 so I think that might put down my opinion to others. But at the end of the day this is a close topic to me and I spend lots of work on my videos and to see people like this disgusts me.

In my videos I act like a weird person but in real life I am mature and when its a topic like this I want to express my thoughts.
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » July 5th, 2015, 1:11 am

JustMeh wrote:
ShadowCore89 wrote:It is sad but true, nightcore is taking someone elses song and speeding it up, that's it, that's all you need to do. Honestly the hardest part of nightcore is to choose the right song and to make the video itself. At first I felt really happy about nightcore, it was fun, fast, and upbeat. Of course after MAKING it for awhile I realized that nightcore is not really a genre but a MEME. Something created by the internet for others to do. The fact that this person you speak of is gloating sickens me. His popularity had everything to do with chance, not skill. At least we aren't entirely like some "Music channels," that post UNEDITED music and get views off of them. This is rarely the case though as most music channels are kind and smart enough to ask permission and/or make contracts with artists.

I know it is frustrating, but the thing is people are like this and don't try.
Many people put time and effort into nightcore. I made the video for him he did nothing but speed up a song. In nightcore you generally speed up a song and change the pitch. But in the nightcore I see to be actual nightcore people need to edit it with pitch, speed and bass. They also need to choose the right type of song in my opinion.

Really people boast about making music and get fame for doing shitty work which annoys people who really do try.

I do make Nightcore every now and then on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1d6u ... STQ/videos and I am only 13 so I think that might put down my opinion to others. But at the end of the day this is a close topic to me and I spend lots of work on my videos and to see people like this disgusts me.

In my videos I act like a weird person but in real life I am mature and when its a topic like this I want to express my thoughts.
I saw your Amvs. question, why is it sped up so much? it is true that you can speed up some of the clips but it must be within reasonable limits.There was also a lack of transitions between scenes and to be honest it felt like that you just put anime footage over a song. I don't mean to offend you in any way and if you have questions on basic AMV creation I may be able to assist you.

my amvs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWOW8Ezf3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rpVZDCIpK4
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » July 5th, 2015, 3:45 am

JustMeh wrote:Channels like these
https://www.youtube.com/user/NightcoreReality
https://www.youtube.com/user/yaminightcoredaily
Actually work on there songs, they don't just find a remix of the internet and speed it up.
I do dislike it immensely when people put the nightcore tag and a remix tag on something they just and only sped up.
1. Every single song uploaded by NightcoreReality is nothing but a speed-up. The videos might be prettier, but the music is just the same. I don't know anything about Yami, but I assume that it's the same case there.
2. Only speeding it up is what Nightcore is, and it's what it always has been. There really is nothing else to it, except picking the right songs.
JustMeh

Post by JustMeh » July 5th, 2015, 4:11 am

Message directed to ShadowCore
Personally I did speed them up but most of the time I wanted to put as much scenes as possible. I have in centuries the AMV a flashback like system and it is slowed down in the Yui scenes. Thanks for the advice and in my future AMVs I will make less clips in them and slow them down a bit more.
HENTAiCORE

Post by HENTAiCORE » July 5th, 2015, 6:16 am

JustMeh wrote: I know it is frustrating, but the thing is people are like this and don't try.
pitch="speed" (frequency), so it doesnt make sense to edit tempo and pitch differently(will cause bad quality).
there are ways to process it so that you can have slightly different values but still doesnt make sense in most cases.
correct song: everything 130-175 bpm in certain styles (hands up, trance, ukhc etc.), in best case with singing.
finding speed of song=10 sec
changing speed EQUAL with pitch to 170-200bpm=10 sec
cutting highs at 18khz-20khz, pushing bass at 60-100hz=10 sec
limit the shit again(you didnt even mention that)= 30 sec
rendering on normal pc=5 sec
perfect nightcore track done. sure you can put some more effort and try different stuff but it still doesnt take much skill.
only an ae audio visualizer in the vid would take some rendering time. but not much work.
atleast its nothing compared to the many hours you need to produce an own track.
and nightcorereality is shit it doesnt even up tracks which fit in the definition (which somehow is only present in this forum).
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » July 5th, 2015, 9:36 am

In my case it is this:
I try to get the best result.
That may take about an hour.
Earlier I did it too, doing the Nightcore in about 5 minutes (including the time my PC needs to render the track to mp3)

And I think my Edits are better now. (but i am never completely satisfied with my resluts)
rsslayersr

Re: Fake Nightcorers, like nightcorereality

Post by rsslayersr » July 5th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Why are we having a discussion about effort and time while we're using the nightcorereality channel as example?

She's making money of of that stuff, way over the moral gray zone in my opinion.

To rail this stuff back again.

1. Nightcore is almost effortless. Speed up music until it feels like happy or UK hardcore.

2. I still have not encountered a channel that only published original nightcore songs that weren't done the way explained above.

3. Nightcorereality does the exact same as your friend does. Why do you think differently? No need to defend a fraud.

4. Since we're talking about people not trying, why haven't you learned the definition of nightcore? http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5282

Doing this since you seemed to ignore emile.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » November 16th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Tranceformer wrote:In my case it is this:
I try to get the best result.
That may take about an hour.
Earlier I did it too, doing the Nightcore in about 5 minutes (including the time my PC needs to render the track to mp3)

And I think my Edits are better now. (but i am never completely satisfied with my resluts)
You know what they say... "A true artist is never completely satisfied with his work" :)
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » November 17th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Yeah that may be true.
I also try to remix or mash songs up.
But right now i can'f find tracks and i am a bit lazy. xD

But with the Nightore.
Every Track as another level of pitch and acceleration. And these two are also independent from each other. ^^
So every of my Nightcore-Edits is unique.
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » November 17th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about nightcore- pretty much every song has been nightcored. Which is why I personally search for "Hands-Up Mix" pages. I pick a track I like, and check to see whether or not there is a nightcore version of that remix. Fortunately I was lucky on my first go (I still need to upload it) ;) It took me a long time to find that track. Out of interest Tranceformer, do you enhance the bass in your remixes?
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » November 17th, 2015, 7:09 pm

If you want to find Hands Up that hasn't been done, either grab something newly released, or look for tracks that are at least 3-4 years old. Everything else has been done pretty much ^^
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » November 17th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Old tracks? I'll have to try that out! Good strategy- I've spent ages looking today, with hardly any luck!
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » November 18th, 2015, 7:26 am

Nightcore4eva wrote:Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about nightcore- pretty much every song has been nightcored. Which is why I personally search for "Hands-Up Mix" pages. I pick a track I like, and check to see whether or not there is a nightcore version of that remix. Fortunately I was lucky on my first go (I still need to upload it) ;) It took me a long time to find that track. Out of interest Tranceformer, do you enhance the bass in your remixes?
What do You mean with anhance bass in remixes? Do you mean my Nightcore Edits?
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » November 18th, 2015, 6:35 pm

Yes I do :)
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » November 19th, 2015, 9:34 am

Yes I set equalizers on the lower frequencies to comensate the bass lose sometimes.
But always I set them at the mids for getting the vocals int the focus of the listener.
Also sometimes I set them to heights if the whole track sounds then better in my ears. ^^
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » November 19th, 2015, 10:04 am

Personally I never touch equalizers unless I'm mixing two tracks together, since I want to preserve as much of the original characteristics as possible. Compression is definitely on the table though, if the track is like ultra quiet.
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » November 19th, 2015, 6:19 pm

Yeah, I never touch the equalisers myself. What programs do you guys use? I've just uploaded my first nightcore :)
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » November 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Audacity for editing, Vegas or After Effects for the video, depending on if I want FX or not (usually not).

And the other stuff... Paint for image cropping, this website for checking BPM: http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm, MediaMonkey for mp3 tagging, OneDrive for hosting images and free songs, Subtitle Workshop for captions, and probably some I'm forgetting.
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » November 20th, 2015, 11:09 am

Nightcore4eva wrote:Yeah, I never touch the equalisers myself. What programs do you guys use? I've just uploaded my first nightcore :)
I use for editing Nightcore and DAW mixes "MAGIX Music Maker 2015 Premium".
For mashups I use it too. ^^
But I am going to try to mash soon with my DJ-controller. xD
"mp3 fraunhofer" (.mp3 files you get from beatport) isn't editable in the "MAGIX Music Maker 2015 Premium" it can't read the ID3 informations, so I convert them before with the "MAGIX Music Editor 3" to .wav.
For mixing "Traktor Numark 4trak Edition"
For Videos "Adobe After Effects" or "VSDC Free Video Editor" if I have less time for rendering and uploading.

And if i would start doing remixes and/or producing own tracks i would use "FL Studio". I made some experiment right now with it but i wasn't really serious behind this yet. ^^'