5 months later. My Channel

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
ShadowCore89

5 months later. My Channel

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 23rd, 2015, 1:30 pm

5 months ago I posted here advertising my channel.

I got some really helpful advice from this great community and I wanted to show what I have done.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGuZbC ... g/featured

One of the tips given to me was to get rid of the black bars on my previous videos which I have solved.

I have also began using adobe after effects and rendering in 720 hd as well as adding a sick audio spectrum effect.

I also have been adding effects such as rain and snowfall to give the art and videos a little more depth instead of just having a static photo.

one thing that is still proving difficult is finding songs that fit in the nightcore criteria

I hope I have improved since then and I am still all ears to new tips, tricks and ideas!

(I have also been doing amvs in between remixes and my reasoning is that In my opinion since nightcore is commonly associated with anime I figured that doing an amv or 2 here and there wouldn't hurt my channel)

:)
Vitacx97

Re: 5 months later. My Channel

Post by Vitacx97 » June 23rd, 2015, 1:47 pm

It's been 5 months already? Wow.

Your images are a little squashed, and the song you currently have up (Build These Cities) doesn't really work as a traditional nightcore song either, unfortunately. Monstercat isn't really a great source of "nightcorable" songs (at-least in a traditional sense). I do like Build These Cities though.

Other than that, I like what you've done, and I'd suggest that if you wish to keep uploading these styles of songs (which nobody is forcing you not to do), consider calling them "Speed Edits" or "Nightcore Style Speed Edits" rather than "Nightcore". That way those who follow the traditional sense of the word know to expect something different.

You said you were having trouble finding songs, this is completely understandable as it's really not easy, so try checking out some mixes of popular hands up or trance artists or using the tags on Soundcloud. You never know what you'll find! :)
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 23rd, 2015, 1:58 pm

ya. The build the cities one was more for my personal enjoyment because I love the song. Some questions though, What do you mean by my images are squashed? another question is how does hardstyle or aka heartstyle work with the genre? I was told that it is a sub form of trance. Would that work better than what I am doing right now?
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » June 23rd, 2015, 2:04 pm

They just look squashed down, the one of Angel specifically. Did you manually scale the image or did you use the "fit to frame" options? Or is the image just like that naturally?

Hardstyle *can* work sometimes, but it really depends on the song. For the most part though, hardstyle isn't... deep? (I'm not really sure how to explain it) enough for nightcore, but it does sound closer than what you're currently doing.
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 23rd, 2015, 2:10 pm

I do manually fit my images in after effects.

I guess I will do more hardstyle or "Nightstyle," mixs. Another question if you don't mind is that do you know of any music channels that post trance or hardcore music? Channels like monstercat, proximity, xkito, etc?
I feel bad about night coring genres that are wrong and I am surprised that no one on here has ranted and tried to kick me out. Cause the truth is that I am just following the crowd, I "Remix," songs that are recent and that I like. This may be attributed to the fact that I was first exposed to nightcore by the wrong nightcore remixes. Anyways thank you as always and I hope to eventually improve enough to make the real thing!
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » June 23rd, 2015, 2:17 pm

Try using the "fit to frame options" (more specifically the separate width and height ones - depending on the image). Remember that not all of the image has to be in the frame either, and it's better to leave parts out rather than squash the whole image down.

I focus on hardcore, so I can only recommend some hardcore channels for you, but I'm sure someone who uploads other genres (such as hands up) can provide more.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jordesuvi
https://www.youtube.com/user/marktechnotrance

This is common with a lot of our members, and rather than simply warning or banning them (as it is actually against our rules to post "fake nightcore"), we prefer to console and assist people in uploading the correct genres and/or naming things appropriately. As such, we'll never run you out of the forum, lol. :P
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 23rd, 2015, 2:26 pm

thanks a lot! wow this is really a eye opener. I skimmed through some tracks and something I noticed is the fact that songs sound similar to nightcore already. The pitches seem slightly higher and the beat is fast. I may try this but some of the songs make me a little uncomfortable. Reason being is that I had a friend that showed me a song that sounded like these except it kept repeating the line "Masterbate to cartoons," whether this is hardcore or not I am unsure but this of course to a younger me was very scarring lol. I will try to keep a open mind though and try these channels.

thanks again!
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » June 23rd, 2015, 2:32 pm

Hardcore is a tad tricky as a lot of the songs are already quite fast but there's plenty that are suited for nightcore. The song you mentioned is called "MTC" and is by S3RL. It's hardcore, and honestly one of my favourite hardcore tracks at that. I... uh... can relate with it (LOL).

Most hardcore tracks are simply love songs, not songs about fapping to hentai, so you should be alright.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » June 23rd, 2015, 9:03 pm

I can pitch in with some Hands Up promotion channels:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HandsUpMusicDj
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp_W5J ... q0H82c8CtQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw2t2U ... bMiWMlU6MA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM5Dvl ... asdqI3qlwg
https://www.youtube.com/user/handsupowo1
https://www.youtube.com/user/xy4Trance (also does other genres)
https://www.youtube.com/user/DJFlyBeatMusic (the "Techno"-labeled mixes are great sources)

A lot of other Nightcore uploaders probably follow these channels as well, so they're not that great if you want to upload what no one else is uploading :P
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 24th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Vitacx97 wrote:Try using the "fit to frame options" (more specifically the separate width and height ones - depending on the image). Remember that not all of the image has to be in the frame either, and it's better to leave parts out rather than squash the whole image down.

I focus on hardcore, so I can only recommend some hardcore channels for you, but I'm sure someone who uploads other genres (such as hands up) can provide more.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jordesuvi
https://www.youtube.com/user/marktechnotrance

This is common with a lot of our members, and rather than simply warning or banning them (as it is actually against our rules to post "fake nightcore"), we prefer to console and assist people in uploading the correct genres and/or naming things appropriately. As such, we'll never run you out of the forum, lol. :P
Thanks again for the channels but something I have noticed is that some of the songs on the channels haven't been nightcored at all. I am currently the only one to have nightcored (True) is this because hardcore is a less popular genre? the reason I ask is that I am worried the reason some of the songs haven't had nightcore remixes is that they are getting taken off due to copyright.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » June 24th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Hardcore is definitely less common, with the exception of anything by S3RL.
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 24th, 2015, 8:19 pm

aw. but it sounds sooo good!
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 24th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » June 25th, 2015, 2:09 am

ShadowCore89 wrote: Thanks again for the channels but something I have noticed is that some of the songs on the channels haven't been nightcored at all. I am currently the only one to have nightcored (True) is this because hardcore is a less popular genre? the reason I ask is that I am worried the reason some of the songs haven't had nightcore remixes is that they are getting taken off due to copyright.
Hardcore is generally a lot less popular than other genres. A lot of the songs on my channel have never been nightcored before either. Heck, some of them aren't even on YouTube.

I've uploaded 99 videos so far and haven't received a single strike, I've only had to remove one video due to stacking copyright notices but that song was electro-house rather than hardcore. Generally, hardcore labels seem more likely to monetize your videos, rather than delete them or strike you, at-least in my experience.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » June 25th, 2015, 5:32 am

Look at Shadow, already saying he enjoys hardcore. Not much can go wrong here now.

I'm a person that likes to see Nightcore uploads that haven't been done before, so it might be very tricky at first to achieve that. Whenever you can, pick some 1 hour mixes of hands up or maybe uk/happy hardcore to see if any have been done. Keep a steady pace, do the ones you like the most. (keeping a few left over might help you when you can't find anything anymore, and also helps other people like you who can't find any songs.)

I must say, a few months in and I can see you fit in already.

Vitacx and Russen for sure like the speed, but I've always been a bit more timid. It can get too fast for me
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 25th, 2015, 1:33 pm

rsslayersr wrote:Look at Shadow, already saying he enjoys hardcore. Not much can go wrong here now.

I'm a person that likes to see Nightcore uploads that haven't been done before, so it might be very tricky at first to achieve that. Whenever you can, pick some 1 hour mixes of hands up or maybe uk/happy hardcore to see if any have been done. Keep a steady pace, do the ones you like the most. (keeping a few left over might help you when you can't find anything anymore, and also helps other people like you who can't find any songs.)

I must say, a few months in and I can see you fit in already.

Vitacx and Russen for sure like the speed, but I've always been a bit more timid. It can get too fast for me
Thanks! I presume not many of the people who are on NU really follow the advice of remixing the right songs, now I just have to hope for more views and subs!
JumpBoy

Post by JumpBoy » June 26th, 2015, 11:23 am

took you 5 months to get rid of black bars ? heh
anyways ive checked your latest nightcore and it sounds fine to me keep on improving ;)
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » June 26th, 2015, 8:29 pm

JumpBoy wrote:took you 5 months to get rid of black bars ? heh
anyways ive checked your latest nightcore and it sounds fine to me keep on improving ;)
Black bars are a fine statement. Zurd know how to wear those bars like a miracle.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » June 26th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Thanks! I presume not many of the people who are on NU really follow the advice of remixing the right songs, now I just have to hope for more views and subs!
Most of those who stay here do upload the right songs, with some variation depending on personal taste. Newcomers is a different story :)