How do you get your channel noticed?

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
StrangeIndica

How do you get your channel noticed?

Post by StrangeIndica » March 31st, 2015, 1:07 am

Hi!
I was wondering how some of you have gotten your channel noticed.
I see people here with hundreds or even thousands of subscribers and im wondering how most of you got there?
And also,where can you advertise your nightcore channel?
Thanks!
-StrangeIndica
My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqWc7 ... RqyxJSNBfw
rsslayersr

Re: How do you get your channel noticed?

Post by rsslayersr » March 31st, 2015, 4:32 am

Some video templates are very attractive lately. Also, as has been researched, sex sells. Attractive girls really to attract views.
Advertising here doesn't really help as much as you think, since our community is quite small. If you upload fine stuff and not only half naked ladies, you'll grow sooner or later.

The biggest channels have been around for a long while.
Other channels that have been very popular do seem to upload in a tight schedule
But the most important thing is out of your hands. Some video needs to be noticed badly, needs to gather a lot of views, and you can only hope that just spreads to your other uploads as well.

Pupularity can be as a big firework, and you can only hope it lights up the rest of your uploads on the way. There is nothing wrong with being unpopular though. Be glad with the views and subscribers you gather and interact with them :3
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » March 31st, 2015, 6:34 am

Hi and welcome to NU ^^

*serious face on*

---
  1. Maintain a good video quality. Decent audio and no black bars is a minimum.
  2. Differentiate yourself from the most popular channels, preferably by not uploading the same songs as they do.
    • If people have to choose between watching your video or one by a more popular channel, chances are they'll go with the more popular one, regardless of how awesomely awesome your video is.
  3. Exactly how frequently you upload doesn't really matter, as long as you're being consistent.
    • And make sure you can stick to your schedule not just today, but also many years from now.
  4. If you ever want to upload something that's not Nightcore, first ask yourself this:
    • Would I want to receive content like this from the Nightcore channels I'm subscribed to?
  5. Have patience, the Nightcore audience is small and moves slowly.
    • Remember that almost all big Nightcore channels have been uploading for several years. They made it to where they are through time and dedication, so don't go around expecting success overnight.
  6. Don't burn yourself out by being too ambitious, or you'll soon find yourself unable to deliver what you originally promised. It's better to start small and grow over time than to start big right of the bat, imo.
  7. When you have a few subscribers, start taking note of what they like and don't like, and evolve from that.
    • What I want to stress here is that the opinions of your current subscribers should weigh much heavier than the opinions of random viewers. Focus on satisfying your core fanbase and they'll slowly grow into a solid foundation, reject them and the floor will crumble below you as people start to unsubscribe.
---

I generally dislike when people advertise their channels, especially when they don't give a good reason for me to subscribe to them. Most say something like "Hey, here's a new channel, please support it by liking and subscribing", followed by a link and nothing else.

If I check it out I'll usually end up disappointed by seeing a bunch of songs that I've already heard from other channels, presented in usually pretty low audio quality, with nothing that really makes me want to subscribe.

Just imagine an ad like that on TV:
"Here's a stapler! It's kinda like that stapler you already own, except it looks like crap and staples much worse! You should buy it though to support us!"

No, seriously, if you want to go to people and persuade them to subscribe, you got to give them a good reason to. Simply existing is not a selling point, you got to show them your best side, why they should consider you over the thousands of other Nightcore channels. If you can't find any such selling point, then advertising won't do a thing.

This is not criticism towards you, I actually haven't checked out our channel yet ^^ It's just some general observations.
CorruptedNuk3r

Post by CorruptedNuk3r » March 31st, 2015, 8:03 am

My best advice would be to try to be one of the first to upload a song My most viewed video is of It's Me by TryHardNinja and i was the first to upload it, so when people searched for it, mine was the first to start racking up views. i would subscribe to a bunch of song writers on youtuber (preferably smaller ones so you don't have to deal with copyright) like TryHardNinja or MandoPony or guys like those. It also might help to try to make a mix with bigger channels so people will see your channel on theirs. Also, like emilemil1, its important to have high audio/video quality, and if you can get After Effects and make a overlay type thing with an audio spectrum.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » March 31st, 2015, 5:03 pm

Just keep uploading and the views and subscribers will come.

The posts above me give some great tips. Choose songs no one else is using and differentiate yourself from everyone else. Maintain a high audio quality. Have a consistent uploading schedule; not too slow but not too frequent.

Also wouldn't hurt to invest and keep up with new technology. Adobe After Effects seems to be the video program people are using these days, so a channel that still uses Windows Movie Maker would appear "outdated".
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 1st, 2015, 6:14 am

Fernandez wrote:Also wouldn't hurt to invest and keep up with new technology. Adobe After Effects seems to be the video program people are using these days, so a channel that still uses Windows Movie Maker would appear "outdated".
Maikel's videos might as well be made with Movie Maker ;)

The main reason why you don't want to use that program though is because it's capped at rendering 192kbps .wma audio, which is significantly worse than the 320kbps (or higher) .aac audio that other programs can render at.
Lion-Kun

Post by Lion-Kun » December 22nd, 2017, 6:33 am

It depends i am a very small youtuber i have 35 subscribers and i cant seem to find a way to get more subscribers. I maje good content and upload frequently but it just doesnt work for me. I guess i am not a natural please reply and give me some help or go to the pink and checkout my channel and tell me what i am doing wrong. Or subscribe x
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ0bAW ... xjXyJ1qTyw
Zurd

Post by Zurd » December 23rd, 2017, 11:53 am

Not enough content for once :)