How to see if a song will be blocked on Youtube

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
CorruptedNuk3r

How to see if a song will be blocked on Youtube

Post by CorruptedNuk3r » March 16th, 2015, 7:50 am

If you upload nightcore videos on youtube and have problems with songs getting blocked, this might help you. if you want to nightcore a song (Ex. Titanium by David Guetta) but are worried about it getting blocked/striked, you can go here https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/ad_supported_music and search for the song and it will tell you if it will get blocked, and if so in what contries. Im not sure how many people already know about this, but i figured it could help some people out :)
HKO2006

Re: How to see if a song will be blocked on Youtube

Post by HKO2006 » March 16th, 2015, 8:13 am

Never knew that, thanks! I can even use it to look for nightcore songs in iTunes.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » March 16th, 2015, 9:10 am

Zurd please lock this thread and put it in announcements, it is a very useful source.
sorry quotes from me are illegal in other people's signatures sry
Jumpcore thats what the bass is for.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » March 16th, 2015, 12:50 pm

A little heads up. This page only lists tracks that have been country blocked in the past, but still are available, not tracks that have been completely taken down or never uploaded before. I've looked up several tracks that I and others have gotten strikes for (such as anything released on Metrophonic Resistance), and they all show up as completely okay to upload.

Ekowraith - Booming Track isn't on the list at all because there is no video on YouTube of it. It's also a track that you will get a strike for if you upload it.

All and all it's not a good way to estimate risk, since any song will show up as OK if the only available video of it is the official video. It's better to look up the label, other releases by the artist, if there are unofficial videos up already, etc.

It's decent for just looking up country blocks though, if that really bothers you :)
CorruptedNuk3r

Post by CorruptedNuk3r » March 17th, 2015, 7:31 am

emilemil1 wrote:A little heads up. This page only lists tracks that have been country blocked in the past, but still are available, not tracks that have been completely taken down or never uploaded before. I've looked up several tracks that I and others have gotten strikes for (such as anything released on Metrophonic Resistance), and they all show up as completely okay to upload.

Ekowraith - Booming Track isn't on the list at all because there is no video on YouTube of it. It's also a track that you will get a strike for if you upload it.

All and all it's not a good way to estimate risk, since any song will show up as OK if the only available video of it is the official video. It's better to look up the label, other releases by the artist, if there are unofficial videos up already, etc.

It's decent for just looking up country blocks though, if that really bothers you :)
it works great for really popular songs, but unpopular ones that are rarely used probably won't be on the list, but any songs that are popular or come from major artists will be on there
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » November 6th, 2015, 6:14 pm

While Titanium isn't really a song that can be nightcored, this can be a helpful tool nonetheless.

Like Emile implied, this tool is useful for looking at country blocks. If you nightcore a song that's blocked worldwide by the automatic content ID, no, you won't get a strike, but no one would be able to view your video, defeating the purpose of uploading it in the first place.

I think that people who use this tool to decide what to nightcore should view it as "If I upload this song, in how many places will it get blocked?" rather than "Will this song give me a copyright strike?".

As you said in your last post, it mainly works for popular songs. This is the main drawback I see in here too. People going for true nightcore often seek out more obscure songs where they aren't on the list, and there is no info on them.

Nothing will eliminate the copyright strike risk. Nothing is set in stone, be it that ad-supported song tool, record label policies, etc. Copyright holders are unpredictable people and there's always a copyright strike risk in uploading nightcore, regardless of song.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
xubuntu

Post by xubuntu » August 30th, 2017, 11:19 am

Youtube account is made to let you upload your own material. If you post a video of David Guetta you will certainly have problems. What is the point of uploading someone else's work ? Upload your own creations. Children that wanna make easy money online, it just ain't gonna happen.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » August 30th, 2017, 4:00 pm

xubuntu wrote: August 30th, 2017, 11:19 am Youtube account is made to let you upload your own material. If you post a video of David Guetta you will certainly have problems. What is the point of uploading someone else's work ? Upload your own creations. Children that wanna make easy money online, it just ain't gonna happen.
You're right, it will be very hard, if not impossible to make money by uploading someone else's music.

As for uploading someone else's work in the first place, this is, after all, a nightcore forum. And nightcore involves, well, taking someone else's song and speeding it up. As mentioned in this thread, you can't produce nightcore from scratch like you can with techno, house, electro, trance, etc. If you want to upload nightcore, you're going to inevitably be uploading other people's music (speeding a song up a la Nightcore does not make it your own original work).
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(