handsup vs trance

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
Grizz

handsup vs trance

Post by Grizz » May 12th, 2011, 3:11 pm

this tread is not a comparison of handsup and trance, I just made it because I noticed some weird stuff in the nightcore community. It seems like a lot of people mistake handsup for trance music.
Here just maikels latest upload as example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZTSfRcl ... ideo_title
He just took an ordinary handsup song and named it trance. I just don`t understand this as it is not hard to hear the difference.
anyways what do you think can we do to show people the difference?
I guess it comes from the future trance which is a collection of handsup and lately also house songs, but I don`t know
JustSound

Re: handsup vs trance

Post by JustSound » May 12th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Can you define the difference? because I can sort of tell it when i hear it but not sure what defines one from the other
My latest song: Justsound- Summer Nights

Check it out!

Grizz

Post by Grizz » May 12th, 2011, 6:12 pm

It`s hard to define the difference I think it`s best to show 2 examples:
Handsup:

Trance:

well you can say that handsup sounds harder then trance (not as hard as hardstyle or hardtrance) and is I think a bit faster. Also handsup is trying to create that dance-feeling. Trance is more calm and more into relaxing uplifting stuff.
I hope that helps you
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » May 13th, 2011, 2:05 am

We all call things trance because it's just a quick label for our videos because that's what people search, and Hands-up is a subgenre of trance anyway.
Grizz

Post by Grizz » May 13th, 2011, 11:28 am

handsup is NOT a subgenre of trance thats the problem
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » May 13th, 2011, 2:21 pm

All I'm going to say is that you shouldn't put Maikel on the spot for this. He tries his best.
Moonightcore

Post by Moonightcore » May 13th, 2011, 3:43 pm

What's the matter? The music is for listening/dance not for clasificate...
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » May 14th, 2011, 7:59 am

Ahh but you see Grizz, it is.
The only problem is that you think it's the other way round ♥
Grizz

Post by Grizz » May 14th, 2011, 1:02 pm

@Kirby & Maikel I`m really sorry if it sounded offending to maikel that really was not my point.

@Moonightcore you`re right so whats the problem in calling it by the real name

@Jordanniieee I don`t know why you think it is a subgenre can you tell me where you got that from because it`s just wrong. You can make a research yourself (google is your friend)
actually handsup is the main genre of techno (the most popular) and trance is kinda unknown and not related to handsup
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » May 14th, 2011, 9:18 pm

*sigh* >_>
Kitashi

Post by Kitashi » December 26th, 2011, 3:33 am

Reviving this old thread -- seems interesting.

Grizz, I do agree that there are misconceptions regarding genres. I will not refute that.
Grizz wrote:@Moonightcore you`re right so whats the problem in calling it by the real name
The big problem with this is handsup is not a widely recognized tag/naming scheme within the YouTube community. People have been categorizing their videos as Trance for years upon years, and as a result, Nightcore and techno/dance lovers are FAR more familiar with the Trance name. Subscribers are much more likely to check out videos if they're sure of what they'll be listening to.
As far as I know, no one has ever named their videos "Hands Up - name" -- doing this would likely cause a lot of confusion and yield lower views. Simply because people do not know what handsup is nor can they be sure that they will like it.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » April 21st, 2012, 8:16 am

Revived once again. :p
Hmm...i've been researching/listening eurotrance and hands up for some time lately and i can say that they most probably are one and the same genre,but i'm not sure about this,but if it's true,eurotrance(or hands up) is indeed a subgenre of trance,and therebefore won't be a problem naming a certain handsup video/song trance.
P.S:Trance doesn't necesarilly have to be calming,but however most of the latest trance artists support the uplifting one...
For example,Dj Yanny's Rythm is a Bass wich is found in the album called future trance vol.39 is not that relaxing.