Time

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
Execrated

Re: Time

Post by Execrated » September 13th, 2012, 12:33 am

Actually, time is a creation of space. So to be constantly in the present, you simply have to be in such a place where space is nonexistent.

Oh,and it's true that time moves slower (proportionally to us on earth) the faster one travels through space.
Did you know that when you stare at the night sky, or at the sun, you're staring into the past? It takes 8 minutes for the light from our sun to reach the earth (so if the sun randomly disappeared, it'd be 8 minutes before we Earthlings find out), and a lot more from them distant stars.

Theoretically black holes and quasars have no time. So to get to the present...
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » September 13th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Time is just an illusion,an old story told from fathers to children,the time we actually talk about is just the rotation of Earth near the Sun and the Moon.
In my opinion control over time cannot be accomplished,of course,from what RC wrote,it could be a possibility to stop time or making it slower,but not reverting it to a state from wich it already was,even if we could somehow do it,we cannot stop it to desintegrate the time machine or making us transform to little...err... ,,white microschopic pieces of hair" or pulverize us to the most lowest level of existence,aka ZERO.
Gracono

Post by Gracono » December 8th, 2012, 2:43 pm

We do have a time machine...it just does not have physical transportation capacity...the great time machine of the mind..every memory is a time travel. every imagining is taking you somewhere.

I believe that time is circuitous in nature. Space-time is much more interesting a concept in my opinion than just time.

time is a linear measure....every different location has a slightly different space-time subset and if you hypothetically were to go to a different planet the orbit would be different thus there would be a different length of measure to the time there.

Everything is energy.

How did time or anything at all come from nothing? It just did. Opposites. Duality. Existence is a lot of loops and infinite duality paradoxes...the answer to that is that there is no answer...

The concept of the number 0 has the potential to get uber deep. 0 nothing in which there is the infinite potential for all things....

I wholly believe that there may be infinite universes. If it all started with a big bang then a hypothetical big crunch could potentially by the merits of Newtons 3rd law lead to at least 2 new big bangs.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.....that law fits so much....and is basically karma in scientific terms...

It is not in human nature to understand infinity but it is given that we may understand the core concepts that underlie all of infinity. Physics is a wonderful albeit very frustrating thing. The laws of physics I believe do not change but the details that form the conditions in which those base laws may manifest in any given environment or setting may easily be changed.
Monster

Post by Monster » February 24th, 2013, 11:09 pm

time is such a difficult but interesting thing to discuss

I believe that no matter what, time has always been flowing like a river. There was no "when the river started flowing" It was always flowing. Then when God created the universe there was the time when the universe had been created, but this wasnt the begining of time it was just "the begining of the time of the universe" we can reach the present because the flow of time has lead us to this point. When it takes us to the end, whatever God has in store for us will only be the end of the universe. Time will still flow, but no one will be there to watch it.
License! Thanks Namahage!