Abortion

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Abortion

Post by Kirby » December 9th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Thought this topic would best fit under the Philosophy section, so here goes. No disturbing images, please.
GuitarG20
Resident Car Expert

Re: Abortion

Post by GuitarG20 » December 9th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Personally, I am against it. It's probably almost completely my catholicism revealing itself, but I think it is pretty much wrong on every level.
Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » December 10th, 2010, 12:04 am

I often find myself quite torn on this topic.
While i can see that a child shouldn't be born into an unwanting family. The thought of its life being ended is a difficult one.
On a personal level i find myself against it, preferring that if the family doesn't want the child it should be given to a family who does.
Tears they fall
sear my skin
burn away
the fear within
Phone
Professor

Post by Phone » December 10th, 2010, 12:18 am

Over all I believe I am against abortion. Though my opinion is a little wary.
I believe if two people have pre-marital sex and find there is a child, they should not murder it like that. They do not have to keep it, find a loving family that wants a child. When a married couple talk about abortion is really irks me. If you do not want a child, do your best to prevent it. They should be obligated to raise the child, or give it away.

It is part of my religion that is against it, but just my morals.
A child is a part of TWO PEOPLE. If you have an abortion you are killing a part of you, a living, breathing part of you. It has a soul.

However when it comes to rape victims my judgement lightens up a little. Otherwise I am strictly against abortion.
Having not been though this, my choice would be to have the child, and give it away, because it is a life.
I am okay though...if a rape victim chooses to abort a child. They have the right to, because it was a traumatic event. I would much prefer if the child was given the chance to live, and just given away. But I can feel for the victims, knowing that child is a constant reminder, and for the nine months, it would be a constant reminder.

Otherwise, I believe abortion is immoral.
Double posting is PROHIBITED.
READ THE RULES.
[/color]
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » December 10th, 2010, 3:25 am

if they want an abortion they can have. i'm not against it at all. but i think it might break something in the body. btw. why do you make this topic?
Black Cat
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Black Cat » December 10th, 2010, 8:07 am

I'm for abortion. I don't see the baby that's inside her as a living human before it gets out and takes it's first breath.

I belive that if you cannot raise a child in a healthy/good enviroment or just can't raise it then It'd be the better to make an abortion. Since the baby havn't experienced the suffering it might get put through thanks to the parents, enviroment , etc then it's better to end the process before that happens.

But what you said there Phone is quite true, it IS a part of two people.
Kittens!
xXMidnightDawnXx

Post by xXMidnightDawnXx » December 10th, 2010, 8:34 am

I'am for adortion for alot of reasons for one thing no one has said that abortion sould be ok for medical reasons like if the baby has no hope of living so the abortion is done to lessen the the risks the mom will face if she has the kid and i would not want to see it go back to the days when abortion was illegal when many women where hurt or some times killed by bad abortions or when they tryed to do the abortion themselves
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » December 10th, 2010, 9:53 pm

I would first like to make light on something VERY important xXMidnightDawnXx brang out.

We, here, should make the difference between :
1. Aborting a baby that has high chances of suffering from multiple diseases, abnormality (both mental and physical) or greatly hurting the mother.
2. Aborting a baby because the couple was too lazy to use condoms or pills
3. Aborting a baby because something important but unexpected (aside from anything listed or related to #1) came into the couple's life.

I'm personally in favor of abortion in the 3 cases listed above; not only because I do NOT see a foetus as a human until it is born (a hamster is more intelligent than a foetus), but also because aborting gives job to both highly qualified personal (abortion-specialized doctor, nurse) as well as to midly and lowly qualifed personal (secretary of the cabinet/hospital, janitor). To some extents, it also help keeping medical ressearch funds flowing, as an abortion costs something either to the state or a particular.

Anyway, abortion is a good way of making sure babies wouldn't live a bad life. People wanting to abort a child are often unsafe about being parents. Would you want unsafe/unsecure/uncapable parents to take care of your little sister/brother from its childhood until he/she is mature? I prefer knowing childs safe than having them between the hands of peeps that either won't care about them or won't be able to take care of them correctly even with proper help.
Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » December 11th, 2010, 3:27 am

Both midnight and Rave make good points.
My statement was from the perspective of a couple not wanting to have a child but being careless. Not from a medical perspective where the child could pose a threat to the mother. Or where the childs chances of survival are minimal.
Tears they fall
sear my skin
burn away
the fear within
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » February 23rd, 2012, 12:02 pm

I'm surprised I hadn't seen this topic sooner. Just gonna throw my opinions in.

I do agree with abortion as it is definitely needed.
Mothers who may die from giving birth should have the right to abortions. Why bring a child into the world when they're not going to be in a proper family environment when they're born. Also, Islam allows abortion to save the life of the mother because it sees this as the 'lesser of two evils' and there is a general principle in Sharia (Muslim law) of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Young couples (Under 25) should have the right to abortion as contraceptive methods sadly do not work 100% of the time. So although precautions may have been taken it may have happened anyway. Which is unfair compared to all those who go unprotected or have one night stands and get away with it.
Although I do agree that a foetus that was made during drunken sex should also be aborted because, they were drunk.

If the baby will be so disabled to a point where they won't really get to experience life at all. It can be aborted.
It's unfair if the child has go about everyday watching people live their life whilst they're restricted to certain things.
Execrated

Post by Execrated » September 12th, 2012, 11:59 pm

As for abortion, I am all for it.
My logic goes as thus
1) if a woman is raped, and she is forced to carry the child, the child will be a constant reminder of the incident. Imagine if the child had the 'father's face.
2) If the child is about to be born into a life of suffering. Isn't it better to spare them the hell?
3) If the parents are really such idiotic @$$holes as to consider abortion for any other reason, the child is better off dead anyway. Sure, people can change.
But monsters cannot.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » September 13th, 2012, 4:18 pm

I am totally not for abortion since it's the same thing as infanticide.
You're basically killing an innocent human being wich knows NOTHING about this world and has neither taken part of any of their parents' sins.
Execrated wrote:1) if a woman is raped, and she is forced to carry the child, the child will be a constant reminder of the incident. Imagine if the child had the 'father's face.
There are other solutions than actually KILLING THEM,like for example sending him to an orphanage and later getting him adopted.
There is also a high probabillity that the child will not inherit his father's bad habbits.
Execrated wrote:2) If the child is about to be born into a life of suffering. Isn't it better to spare them the hell?
Read what i've written earlier.
Execrated wrote:3) If the parents are really such idiotic @$$holes as to consider abortion for any other reason, the child is better off dead anyway. Sure, people can change.
But monsters cannot.
Agreed,those that do such a thing are more than animals,but i still don't agree with killing them.
Execrated

Post by Execrated » September 14th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Meh, orphanages look good on paper, but they're actually pretty bad places to reside in.
Two of my cousins are adopted; sisters by birth, the older one still remembers her father being strangled to death in front of her. Both of them hated teir life before adoption.
And godforbid you hit your teen years in one; supposedly people dont wanna adopt teens, as teenagers find it more difficult to adapt to new environments.

And also, if you do send your child away to an orphanage, you'll never forget that
a) you had a child
b) you abandoned said child

and you know those times, when you have nothing to do, and your mind starts wandering?
yeah, that child will come back to haunt you.

It pains me every time I see a child crying...

yes, killing innocents is immoral, and sick, but sometimes you have to stain your hands, wouldnt you agree?
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » September 15th, 2012, 8:05 am

I lived in a Romanian orphanage in over 1 and a half year and I was almost dieing.
Gracono

Post by Gracono » December 8th, 2012, 3:12 pm

I believe in freedom of choice in aborting.

I believe freedom of choice was involved in any act that resulted in getting to the point where an abortion would be plausible....rape excluded.

In any case it is an issue I believe is deeply rooted in morals and values which tend to differ with each individual and I also believe that any choice an individual makes will one way or the other have consequences for the individual that makes it.
maria

Post by maria » December 24th, 2012, 4:52 pm

I am against it.

I have religious and moral reasons to be against it. Religiously, it is not the option of one to chose the fate of another. If the child is the result of rape... while I can't imagine the pain the mother goes through, it is not right to kill it. Adoption is always another choice. Same thing with incest in this case.

Also, about the comment of "sparing a child the life of suffering", well, Stephen King is a perfect example of how physical disabilities can empower somebody. Nick Vujicic, a guy without arms or legs, is living life more actively than most of us ever will.

Morally... I would rather go through 9 months of discomfort than kill a child. We have no idea what that child could grow up and become - that child could cure Cancer, make life-changing discoveries, and we would have no idea.

Those who do support it... it makes me wonder about you, tbh, but it's still fine with me :3
ImageImage
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » December 24th, 2012, 4:58 pm

I couldn't agree more with maria. :)
Peter

Post by Peter » January 12th, 2013, 3:57 am

I personally support Abortion only if the couple cannot make it through with the baby under any circumstances.

There's maths here, too.
Abortion kills the unborn baby, well, actually does not allow him/her to live, but if the couple could not take it, it is better this way, because it saves 2 lives - the couples.

I personally think that unless it is a rape, the two truly have to think carefully before going into something like this.
It isn't funny, not at all.
Monster

Post by Monster » February 24th, 2013, 10:43 pm

I just can't do it anymore. This topic keeps on reappering and information from all these sickos is comming at me from every side. I'm Catholic so i know the whole deal with "life begins at conception blah blah blah" and theyre all right but theres another side to the coin. In my mind it is immoral to murder an unborn child for many reasons especially if its pre-marraige sex or people are just too lazy to take care of a baby, but then again wut about rape victims... there are just too many variables... but i think that no matter what its unjustified. life begins at conception not the first breath. whoever made that one up is full of bs. i look at it this way: What if i was aborted? What if you were aborted?" how can we be pro abortion when we could have been the ones killed. All of the pro choice people out there ask yourself this: "What if YOU were aborted" It may or may not change your mind.

In the end I'd say I am against it.
License! Thanks Namahage!
anasiya

Post by anasiya » March 21st, 2013, 11:41 pm

Philosophy is the study of how humans think about truths and principles, right? Then, what can be said of the murder of our young who have never even had the chance to breathe? What can be said for those who frivolously create these young? What can be said of a race who condone such heinous behavior. Disposable humans. What does that say about all of us?