Religion

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Religion

Post by Johannez691 » March 21st, 2013, 10:06 am

There are many kinds of religion. But none of them is actually bad, that's just what people think. I think it's great that there are so many religions in the world. A person who has a religion has a meaning with life. There are the well known religion as Christian, Jewish, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism. And there are many parts of Buddhism, Christian etc. For example The Christians have catholic, ortodox and protestantism. In Buddhism you don't believe in any god, but you believe in a soul. Your own soul. Hinduism have many gods. Also there are new religions like New Age. In New Age you say that the human don't own nature. We are "one" with nature. They don't believe in any god.

I don't believe in any religion 100% full, but I kinda mix the religions a bit and this is what I believe in:
* I don't believe in any od, but I do believe we have a soul, and we should really get to know it.
* I don't go to church, I on't read the bible and I never pray (Except sometimes when I'm watching football xD). But I loooove meditation. Meditation is a GREAT way to really know your soul. It's also great since it's peaceful. Usually I put on some really soft Lounge music or possible soft Progressive House including nice sounds and nice piano. And then I just close my eyes and let the world mind its own business for a while.
* I believe that we are "one" with nature. The nature is a beautiful and peaceful place and I think it's a good think to know that. Take some time and possible take a walk in the forest, and maybe heard the birds singing or u can listen to peaceful lounge or any other soft nature music while you take the walk. If it's rainy you can maybe sit inside and listen to the rain. Whe it's dark outside and there is a thunderstorm outside, I put on peaceful music in my headphones I see the light from the lightnings coming down from the sky. Then I feel peace.
*I believe that when we die we will come to a world which is a bit of a flashback of our life. If we have done bad things we will remember them and live them in a forever long dream. If we remember good things, we will fell peace and love for the rest of the time. I also believe that we somehow can get the new dead life just as we want it. If we wanna be young forever, and live the dream we never lived in life.
* I believe that goodness is the most important thing in life. I wish all people could be good, some people are sick bastards.
* If you have a career dream you should fight for it. It doesn't matter what kinda job (except trafficking) any other job I think you should fight for and really get. I don't think being a DJ and play music and drink a lot in a sin. People have the right to follow their dreams.
* I think all religions should respect each others and get along. Also that men and women had the same value as well for children.

I'm interested in what you think of religion. Do u have anything you believe in wjat does it look like? Any god or soul? What happens when you've died? Do u pray, meditate or anything like that? Do u perform your religion in any other way? What's typical for you? Should people follow their dream? Will you burn in hell if you have done anything bad? Goodness or badness? What do u think about nature? etc. Please take some minutes of your life and write a text on what u believe. The more you write the better. I was kinda specific in my text and hope you will too. But any text is fine. I'm really interest about your look of life.
SevenFold

Re: Religion

Post by SevenFold » March 21st, 2013, 10:33 am

In my life i have been confronted with many relgigous people that mess it up for others.. People that hit me on the back of my head because i was doing chores on a sunday, People that said i would die in seven hells because i didnt pray to ***** ( remaining neutral here ) and i have been raised to be sceptical about promised miracles and rules by en entity we never see or hear

I however, Read your Relgion, and think to myself that it is pretty close to how i live.. except that i think you are more strict in it, and that is a good thing, i Truly wish i could be having that kind of dicipline. Especially the part of following your dream has costed me long to realize. I am also guilty of less respect to nature, I regard nature as something amazing, but I feel little bond with it, Meditation... Now i think about it, when i meditated.. I was much more atop of my life.. I might pick that back up again

I am not an Aeithist.. I dont hate religion and i think if people have a guideline because of it, they should take it, But me personally? I think Religion is something kept to yourself, shared out of intrest, or when asked.. and not forced upon someone, and its those people that mess up something possibly beautiful for others. You know how in the news you see muslim people always ragiong and burning flags? I saw a news report once, where other muslim people in the same country where asked" What do you think about that" and they said things like they where embarresed for that kind of behavior, that sure, they dfont like there prohet is mocked, but it be wrong to burn things and break rules for that. That gave me some respect in a light i never had before

basicly, what i am saying: Relgion, keep it a beautiful thing instead of Propoganda

Hope that gives you an insight on my stands on the subject
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » March 21st, 2013, 2:37 pm

I'm not really sure that my religon is a realigion to be honest. It's more a lifestyle influenced by different religion.
Peter

Post by Peter » March 22nd, 2013, 7:33 am

I personally think that this thread would do better off at the Philosophy Sub-forum..
Damnit... >.>