Dubstep?

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
ShawtiiAna

Dubstep?

Post by ShawtiiAna » March 13th, 2012, 12:33 am

Not sure if it was mentioned..but its an interesting genre I haven't discovered till a few months ago..Its not bad..but very very various..Its not distinct like Nightcore...but Dubstep focuses on slow (slight but not really fast) drum/snare beats that contain electro/house sounds. An example would be like this..its hard to explain..some dubstep has some wobble noises and drum noises like you hear in this song..but other kinds of dubstep is much more aggressive and therefore has harder wobble noises and heavier drum noise..I dont know I like it because of how various it is..there it could be called "filthy dubstep" (heavy party moshpit music) or liquid (relax ambient music) dubstep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_uQGTXv ... ature=plcp
Yakkety

Re: Dubstep?

Post by Yakkety » March 13th, 2012, 6:52 am

You've never heard of dubstep before? Boy, you're missing out...

Check out these sweet tracks...

Click the picture for my Youtube Channel ;)
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » March 13th, 2012, 8:09 am

Skrillex is the most famous one. Check him out.
Yakkety

Post by Yakkety » March 13th, 2012, 8:11 am

Johannez691 wrote:Skrillex is the most famous one. Check him out.
Skrillex became too mainstream, other unknown artists such as Ry Legit, Terravita, Torqux, and Ajapai are much better...
Click the picture for my Youtube Channel ;)
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » March 13th, 2012, 9:16 am

Yakkety wrote:
Skrillex became too mainstream, other unknown artists such as Ry Legit, Terravita, Torqux, and Ajapai are much better...
Skrillex does not produce dubstep, he does complextro
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
ShawtiiAna

Post by ShawtiiAna » March 13th, 2012, 3:04 pm

This is what I know .....lmao ...a bunch o.o Flux Pavillion, Skrillex, Nero, Gemini, Camo and Krooked, Doctor P, Feed Me, Nosia, Zeds Dead, Excision, Datsik, Knife Party, ShockOne, Cutline, Joker, Modestep, I could go hours.....but those are under the catgory of heavy(filth)/ electro/house/somewhat dirty....after discovering MrSuicideSheep and 17tumba(uploaders not musicians)..I got addicted to more...ambient dubstep..where the wobbles are at a minimum and each songs mostly focuses on a melody that puts you in a trance :P
Qoolioz

Post by Qoolioz » October 22nd, 2012, 9:00 am

Yakkety wrote:
Agree 100%. If you ask a hipster "hey who's your favorite dubstep artist" they will must like answer "Skrillex or Deadmau5"

There are some dubstep songs that are just horrible, all they did is add a wobble bass and a simple dubstep beat.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » October 23rd, 2012, 8:27 am

Crucia,a great underground artist.

Post by Moderator » April 16th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Qoolioz wrote:
Yakkety wrote:
Agree 100%. If you ask a hipster "hey who's your favorite dubstep artist" they will must like answer "Skrillex or Deadmau5"

There are some dubstep songs that are just horrible, all they did is add a wobble bass and a simple dubstep beat.
Actually Skrillex is mainstream dubstep artits, I doubt a hipster would even mention him :D

Anyway Skrillex is actually one of the best dubstep producers, there're just A LOT of people who dislike him just because they act with majority - no objectivity involved :/
Monster

Post by Monster » April 17th, 2013, 5:55 pm

A like Skrillex a lot but his songs get old kinda fast. I also listen to random youtube dubstep uploaders and stuff when I get a craving for dubstep
License! Thanks Namahage!
Peter

Post by Peter » May 2nd, 2013, 4:10 am

Meh, Skrillex can only put the switch-twitch line on.
He became famous, but there are better artists out there.

Check out KDrew for example.
Many have fallen for his Firestarter back in 2011, and I suggest you to check out his Circles as well.