Difference between Dance and Techno

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
Qoolioz

Difference between Dance and Techno

Post by Qoolioz » December 2nd, 2011, 9:57 pm

What's the difference(s) between dance and techno?
Kestrel0907

Re: Difference between Dance and Techno

Post by Kestrel0907 » April 15th, 2012, 3:51 pm

That's what i'm trying to figure out too... >.>
Mhm...probably the flow of lyrics,the beats,the buing baing bang bass(dunno how to say it lol) and the integration of some non-electronic instruments in it might be the answer?
Monster

Post by Monster » February 16th, 2013, 1:47 pm

There really is no official difference, but generally you can tell if a techno song is a dance song or just a chill out and listen to song. a dance song has more dance sounds, (tho not sure how to describe it but heres an example) and a chill out and listen to song is more uhm... relaxing i guess idk how to describe it but i have an example. i dont really understand why on itunes skrillex is considered dance cuz ofc no one can really dance to dubstep XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39UiJgMk9G8

this would be a techno song thats a chill out and listen to song (although i guess both could b played at rave rooms if someone wanted to :P)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4V2ZubmAq0

do you hear the difference? both are techno but the first one sounds more dance-y i think
License! Thanks Namahage!
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » February 16th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Actually monster, both of the songs are the same genre(or the first song is handsup while the second one is dream trance).There is an extreme misinformation on this theme of discussion because techno in general was used(and still used) as an universal term for all music genres belonging in the electronic genre.
If you are talking about the original techno, the very first genre of electronic music, is generally a very dull and minimalostic genre with lots of acid in it(i wish to give you an example, but i forgot the artists name, somekind of a german group called Doppel-idk-what), techno isn't such an energetic and dancey genre as the music we both love here. ;)
Monster

Post by Monster » March 4th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Kestrel0907 wrote:Actually monster, both of the songs are the same genre(or the first song is handsup while the second one is dream trance).There is an extreme misinformation on this theme of discussion because techno in general was used(and still used) as an universal term for all music genres belonging in the electronic genre.
If you are talking about the original techno, the very first genre of electronic music, is generally a very dull and minimalostic genre with lots of acid in it(i wish to give you an example, but i forgot the artists name, somekind of a german group called Doppel-idk-what), techno isn't such an energetic and dancey genre as the music we both love here. ;)
okay thanks for clearing those two songs up. No one posted an official genre so I was wondering. The song that you labeled as "dream trance" is probably my favorite trance song. how can you tell the difference between dream trance and trance?
License! Thanks Namahage!
Peter

Post by Peter » March 9th, 2013, 6:06 am

Monster wrote:how can you tell the difference between dream trance and trance?
Well, Dream Trance is a subgenre of Trance and it slides a bit to the side of Electro House.
Basically, it is Trance with a touch of Electro House style.

It is pretty easily found out if you know how both, Electro House and Trance sound like.