Forum activeness

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
OsiumMaster

Forum activeness

Post by OsiumMaster » March 16th, 2011, 12:12 pm

I was asked by kirby to make some suggestions to make the forums more active, i came up with four things

These are just suggestions that came into me, this mainly concerns the chatbox, which is the primary activity around here anyways.

1: Make a general time for people from EU to be on, and another one for USA, I keep missing people for like friggin 6 min and it's nice to have some people in for a conversation.

2: Most fun here (what i think of it anyways) is to watch an anime while having the chatbox of this site kind of smalled out on the side maybe you guys come up with something like a downloadable resizable chatbox?

3: As Black Cat agreed with me: the sound of the chatbox is just awefull. it is like a retarded little tick that you'll only hear when you're really focusing a bit of your attention to hear messages from the chatbox, not very practical when watching animes. MSN has that reaaaally annoying sound when someone messages you. Now it doesn't have to that Awefull, but it would be good to change the sound to something a bit clearer.

4: Kind of the same thing as with idea 3: the noticibility. when someone posts something in the chatbox could you make the browser in the taskbar blink?

If anyone has more more suggestions please post them as reply!!
Black Cat
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Re: Forum activeness

Post by Black Cat » March 16th, 2011, 12:56 pm

I indeed think that the sound could be improved, but it't not horrible, just a bit low.
Kittens!
OsiumMaster

Post by OsiumMaster » March 16th, 2011, 1:31 pm

Black Cat wrote:I indeed think that the sound could be improved, but it't not horrible, just a bit low.
well, I think it's also not that good of a sound either, cause it sounds like you type enter on your taskbar when searching or something, its just so common I don't notice it anymore
lethalroze

Post by lethalroze » March 17th, 2011, 1:49 am

Those suggestions aren't bad at all, some of them just might be a bit difficult to make
About general time for being on... the idea itself is good, but I don't think it would work too well, at least for those people who are busy. I, for example, check in here whenever I just have time and nothing important to do, it's not like I could just follow some "general time" when I should be here :)
But your ideas aren't bad ^^ the chat box really would need a new sound :P
OsiumMaster

Post by OsiumMaster » March 17th, 2011, 3:14 am

Yeah you might be right roze, I just thought about it and maybe it'd be better to say like: every +-half an hour people who want to go on check the forums, so that you don't miss everyone and don't have to stay there forever to meet anyone if you don't , you just go do something else till next half hour is there etc... (this can be used with any time measurement we could also go for hours, but let's not make it like 45 min's because then you gotta calculate when you should go on 3 hours after midnight, and I am too lazy for that)
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » March 17th, 2011, 7:45 pm

1: You guys are welcome to go ahead and arrange times for chatbox activity, but I can't really contribute anything in this area. People have pressed time schedules during the school year so I'm certain that these troubles will be irreverent during the summer.

2: Use this page or just minimize + resize your browser window. Like so:
More people should be taking advantage of the flexibility modern browsers provide.

3: Out of all the irritating things I could think of this is the very last thing that would have came to my mind. >.> Any ideas of what I should change it to?

4: Don't have the necessary knowledge to implement something like this, although I'll look into it .. over the summer.

Keep in mind that there are actually a lot of people who visit the forums on a daily basis, it's just the problem of "missing each other" or "not interested enough to do anything" .. Go to http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/member ... searchuser and in the 'Last active' row, select 'After' in the drop down menu and enter today's date (use correct format) in the text box, then press Search. You'll get a list of all the users that have logged in today, and as of now it's 22.
This works on/for any day.
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » March 19th, 2011, 12:08 pm

One good thing would be if people could be able to use headset on mini chatt.
Black Cat
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Black Cat » March 19th, 2011, 1:19 pm

A headset wont fix the problem... it doesn't really matter if you use a headset or speakers, the click sound will always be quiet..
Kittens!