Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

For friends and fans of the forum.
Post Reply
Namahage
Posts: 53
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 1:52 am

Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Namahage » April 6th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but this was crossing my mind, and I wanted to ask this.

Do you guys know if Maikel will ever come back to the forums? It does seem more quiet and civil nowadays compared to 2012 and 2013.

Or is it safe to say that he has left the forum for good?
The media acting as the eyes of the society ought to practice its role with the highest journalistic ethics possible; feeding the society with information of unquestionable source to perpetuate the credibility and the moral obligation bestowed to it.
User avatar
Zurd
Posts: 734
Joined: May 18th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Zurd » April 6th, 2014, 7:45 pm

didn't heard anything bout that
User avatar
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator
Posts: 411
Joined: April 12th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by thecad » April 7th, 2014, 3:17 am

I don't think he'll ever come back.
So I woudn't count on that.

It would be nice if he did though :P
Family! <3
Image
Image

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
User avatar
MagicScream
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Location: Oregon - Portland

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by MagicScream » April 7th, 2014, 3:56 am

I was hoping for the miracle that Maikel might come back someday as well.

The fake nightcores must have really hurt, didn't they...?
Image
User avatar
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator
Posts: 411
Joined: April 12th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by thecad » April 7th, 2014, 6:51 am

Well the reason he left wasn't really the fake nightcore, but mostly the shitstorm ppl bring with them.
Family! <3
Image
Image

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
User avatar
MagicScream
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Location: Oregon - Portland

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by MagicScream » April 7th, 2014, 3:18 pm

thecad wrote:Well the reason he left wasn't really the fake nightcore, but mostly the shitstorm ppl bring with them.
What do you mean by that?
Image
User avatar
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator
Posts: 411
Joined: April 12th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by thecad » April 9th, 2014, 3:24 am

The fact that the ppl who came here supporting the fake nightcore didn't just want to spread it, but force it on this forum.

And he just didn't want to deal with http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1316 these kind of things!
Family! <3
Image
Image

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
User avatar
MagicScream
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Location: Oregon - Portland

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by MagicScream » April 9th, 2014, 3:38 am

At least this website is still up though. I tried to come here yesterday only to get some domain expired message.

Good thing this site is back, or it could possibly have been a huge blow for the true nightcore fans and the original nightcore group.
Image
User avatar
rsslayersr
Posts: 407
Joined: April 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by rsslayersr » April 9th, 2014, 12:58 pm

I think he just doesn't like the whole nightcore scene that has been going around for the past few years.
Image
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Watch4FallingRock
Posts: 63
Joined: March 24th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Watch4FallingRock » April 9th, 2014, 7:26 pm

thecad wrote:The fact that the ppl who came here supporting the fake nightcore didn't just want to spread it, but force it on this forum.

And he just didn't want to deal with http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1316 these kind of things!
I'm new here and I was reading some threads including this one. Is there any difference between "spread" and "force" in the context of what happened on the forum?
User avatar
Cthulhu
Posts: 51
Joined: December 9th, 2013, 4:54 am

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Cthulhu » April 10th, 2014, 12:44 pm

I hope he does, he might now because the support of fake Nightcore here is pretty dead an Occasional person comes here and there that don't know what Nightcore is but once the mods or someone else tell them about Nightcore they either stay and correct there mistakes or some just don't come back. There have been very little issues here as of recent about fake Nightcore on this site but still don't think it will convince Maikel to come back. But on a thread Kirby did mention this a while ago though

"Maikel doesn't come around nearly as much as he used to, and pretty much only when I tell him to. I have a good feeling there's a better chance he'll be here more often if we can show him that he's welcome and will be respected here, as he was in the old days. I'm sure he'll be willing to help you guys out then." If someone could somehow talk to Maikel because as of now this place is pretty good compared to a year or two ago, but of course its pretty dead now but still its a possibility he could return.
User avatar
MagicScream
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Location: Oregon - Portland

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by MagicScream » April 10th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Yeah, I found that post here: http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic. ... 6&start=30

It's over 2 years old though. That was 2012, and we're in 2014. Times and people do change, and I agree with Cthulhu, the state of the forum has changed over time. So far, NU in 2014 is not that bad compared to NU in 2012.
Image
User avatar
rsslayersr
Posts: 407
Joined: April 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by rsslayersr » April 11th, 2014, 6:53 am

I'm sure plenty of people have already invited him back on here. Even after two years, I'm pretty sure he's done with this place. Most friends he keeps on Skype, I believe.
Image
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
User avatar
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator
Posts: 411
Joined: April 12th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by thecad » April 11th, 2014, 8:09 am

MagicScream wrote:the state of the forum has changed over time. So far, NU in 2014 is not that bad compared to NU in 2012.
This is true, then again the activity from now is like 5% from the activity I have seen in the older days, that might have somthing to do with it :)
Family! <3
Image
Image

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
User avatar
Fernandez
Posts: 128
Joined: September 15th, 2013, 8:25 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Fernandez » April 11th, 2014, 5:57 pm

thecad wrote:
MagicScream wrote:the state of the forum has changed over time. So far, NU in 2014 is not that bad compared to NU in 2012.
This is true, then again the activity from now is like 5% from the activity I have seen in the older days, that might have somthing to do with it :)
Those are good points. I also think that given the number of fake nightcores on YouTube, there's always that threat of an argumentive fake nightcore uploader coming here. Back in the old days there was probably zero chance of something like that happening.
Image
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
User avatar
MagicScream
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Location: Oregon - Portland

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by MagicScream » May 5th, 2014, 6:36 pm

As we get older, we have more responsibilities. I think that many of the old members are now in college and/or have jobs, both can be very demanding and time consuming. Thus, I think responsibilities such as those may also be a factor in why people like Maikel aren't as active anymore.
Image
User avatar
rsslayersr
Posts: 407
Joined: April 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by rsslayersr » May 5th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Factoring in that he probably hates what Nightcore has become on Youtube, he'd rather keep a low profile on other websites other than youtube.
Image
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
User avatar
Fernandez
Posts: 128
Joined: September 15th, 2013, 8:25 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Fernandez » May 6th, 2014, 3:35 pm

This forum does get pretty active during the Eurovision Song Competition though, as I've noticed now. :P
Image
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
User avatar
MagicScream
Posts: 108
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Location: Oregon - Portland

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by MagicScream » May 12th, 2014, 1:08 am

I was reading an article about tips on running a forum, and I thought I'd post this excerpt:
It is important you realise where you went wrong, as you want to avoid doing the same thing again. Dedication is a key factor of a successful forum - you have to be there for the peaks and troughs. If this is where you went wrong, make sure you spend a good amount of time updating and being active on your forum. The members follow you as you are the administrator.
The sentence in bold and underline really caught my eye.

After reading the article, I would have to agree with what the article says. Running a forum is like running a business. You need to stay with it regardless of how it's doing. You can't just walk away when things are going bad.

So, I think Maikel should come back regardless of the current state of NU. I think with a renewed sense of dedication, Maikel can get traffic flowing to this forum again, and maybe we can have more activities like contests and things like that. Heck, I would say the excerpt can apply to the other admins as well, so maybe they should come back too.

Well, hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. It was late when I was typing this, so sorry if things in my post don't seem to make sense to you at first sight. I'd like to hear your replies/thoughts on this as well.
Image
User avatar
rsslayersr
Posts: 407
Joined: April 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by rsslayersr » May 12th, 2014, 7:05 am

This forum seems to be running fine without Maikel.
Image
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Namahage
Posts: 53
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 1:52 am

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Namahage » May 12th, 2014, 10:53 am

These are some great replies in this thread.

While the article MagicScream posted does have some good pointers, I think running a forum differs from running a business. Maybe the person running the business does so for a living, and has no choice but to stay. I believe that none of the staff get paid for being here. Therefore, Kirby and Maikel probably had nothing to lose by deciding to leave the forum for good.

I agree with rsslayersr. I believe this forum has new management now, and they seem to be doing well in taking care of the forum.
The media acting as the eyes of the society ought to practice its role with the highest journalistic ethics possible; feeding the society with information of unquestionable source to perpetuate the credibility and the moral obligation bestowed to it.
HFUNightcore

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by HFUNightcore » August 25th, 2014, 3:44 am

No ive asked maikel myself he wont come back:

Maikel wrote me that: I can give you insight in one of the reasons that I left. The fact that the majority of the people don't know what Nightcore is/are not willing to accept what it really is, bugs me. Because of things like this, cooperating with other people doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I really appreciate my fans, and the people that support me.

So it was because of people being butthurt about not accepting the definition of nightcore and probably the shitstorm that was going around on the forums. At least we have good posts which clear the definition of nightcore outwithout bringing someone into confusion. Imo it would be a good idea to add them to the faq.
User avatar
Fernandez
Posts: 128
Joined: September 15th, 2013, 8:25 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Fernandez » August 29th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, but I felt the need to get this out there.

People need to stop looking at this forum as "the bad guys." I've been seeing people try to spread NU's definition of nightcore (which I think is the real definition) to other websites/forums/communities, only to get shut down. We are not trying to dictate over the internet; we just want to preserve our sound.

Think of it this way:

What if you were a fan of hip hop, and people were suddenly labeling rock songs as "hip hop"?

What if you were a fan of country, and people were suddenly labeling jazz songs as "country"?

Wouldn't you feel compelled to stand up for your favorite music? Wouldn't you want to tell everyone what *insert genre here* really is?

This is the situation that many nightcore fans are finding themselves in, so it's natural that they want to spread the true definition of nightcore before the original classic sound becomes lost forever.

If this situation was happening to your favorite genre of music, wouldn't you and your fellow fans do the same thing?

It's good that this forum is starting to get more and more members. Hopefully, we can have more influence over the nightcore scene.
Image
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
User avatar
HKO2006
Posts: 770
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 8:30 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by HKO2006 » August 30th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Beside from 'preserve our sound', it is also for the potential nightcore fans. I have no idea how many are EDM fans are turned away by fake nightcore.

It is real frustrating to know.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

User avatar
emilemil1
Posts: 544
Joined: July 30th, 2014, 11:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by emilemil1 » August 30th, 2014, 4:58 pm

I am turned away by fake nightcore, I have been from the very start (in most cases), but I'm still a fan of many electronic genres, and I searched my way to the "type of nightcore" that I knew I'd like before I even knew of the NU definition.

I don't think the drance/dance nightcore fandom is hurt by the fact that a different definition exists :) Not more than house is hurt by the existence of electro house, or trance by hard trance, or metal by death metal.
User avatar
Fernandez
Posts: 128
Joined: September 15th, 2013, 8:25 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by Fernandez » August 31st, 2014, 5:20 pm

emilemil1 wrote: I don't think the drance/dance nightcore fandom is hurt by the fact that a different definition exists :) Not more than house is hurt by the existence of electro house, or trance by hard trance, or metal by death metal.
That's a good point.

However, for the subgenres you mentioned, those are still close to typical house, trance, or metal. The sound of electro house, hard trance, or death metal is still similar to the original sound of their respective parent genres.

Nightcore is different though. If you listen to a techno nightcore and compare it to a fake rap or metal nightcore, you'll see that the overall sound is vastly different.
Image
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
HFUNightcore

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by HFUNightcore » August 31st, 2014, 5:24 pm

Fernandez wrote:
emilemil1 wrote: I don't think the drance/dance nightcore fandom is hurt by the fact that a different definition exists :) Not more than house is hurt by the existence of electro house, or trance by hard trance, or metal by death metal.
That's a good point.

However, for the subgenres you mentioned, those are still close to typical house, trance, or metal. The sound of electro house, hard trance, or death metal is still similar to the original sound of their respective parent genres.

Nightcore is different though. If you listen to a techno nightcore and compare it to a fake rap or metal nightcore, you'll see that the overall sound is vastly different.

lol nightcore is still a techno/trance/dance song sped up and you say it doesnt matter that a different definition exists? its like fernandez said you cant compare it I mean thats unlogic what you say its like you compare sped up techno with sped up metal.
User avatar
rsslayersr
Posts: 407
Joined: April 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by rsslayersr » August 31st, 2014, 5:27 pm

emilemil1 wrote: I don't think the drance/dance nightcore fandom is hurt by the fact that a different definition exists :) Not more than house is hurt by the existence of electro house, or trance by hard trance, or metal by death metal.
I think you're getting it on the wrong end. It's like you have Rock [Nightcore], Rap [Nightcore], Dance [Nightcore], as if [Nightcore] is the genre in sub-genre.

Nightcore is the sub, Nightcore Dance, Nightcore Trance, Nightcore Hands Up.
Image
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
User avatar
emilemil1
Posts: 544
Joined: July 30th, 2014, 11:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Will Maikel ever come back to the forum?

Post by emilemil1 » August 31st, 2014, 6:08 pm

Way to go guys ^^ Being all nitpicky about the details but completely missing the big picture. I'm not saying that it doesn't matter, it does, and my examples aren't perfect, but my point is that this:
I have no idea how many are EDM fans are turned away by fake nightcore.
...didn't happen to me, in the same way that any mislabeled sub-genre don't turn me away from the "main" genre.
Post Reply