New members leaving

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
I Am Arthur Clark

New members leaving

Post by I Am Arthur Clark » February 7th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Am I the only one who finds it disappointing when potential new members leave? I feel that whenever someone leaves, we just lost a potential person who would be cool to talk to and interact with, which can be sad and disappointing.

Is there some sort of compromise we can come to between the old and new generations of nightcore fans? Is there any way we can better accommodate the new generation?

Apologies if this thread may irritate you. I don't mean to offend anyone by asking this.
MagicScream

Re: New members leaving

Post by MagicScream » February 7th, 2014, 3:38 pm

If we were able to come up with some sort of great compromise that would satisfy both parties, I'm sure that everyone would be okay with it. However, that would most likely be very difficult.

The views of both generations conflict with each other so greatly. On one side, you have the newer members who believe that nightcore should spread to other genres. On the other side is the older members who cringe at the first sign of fake nightcore.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that at this point in time, the moderators have been so lenient compared to years past (not sure if you know of this, but in 2012, there was a great "Speed Edit Purge" and the moderators seemed to be more ban-happy). I'd go as far as to say that the mods are being as flexible as can be.

Unfortunately, the mods can only allow so much. Any more leniency, and that's practically allowing the speed edits to reign, which could have disastrous results for the forum.

That's pretty much all I have to say on this topic. Hope this information helped.
Raver

Post by Raver » February 7th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Well, this is a Nightcore Forum, the main point of it is to discuss about Nightcore and related things, so, your lost opportunity to meet new people isn't a great excuse to us to change our beliefs. Of course I would like if more people register and be active here, however, if they get here just to spread more cancer, I'd prefer them to get their fat asses out of here.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Chop

Post by Chop » February 7th, 2014, 11:03 pm

Raver wrote:Well, this is a Nightcore Forum, the main point of it is to discuss about Nightcore and related things, so, your lost opportunity to meet new people isn't a great excuse to us to change our beliefs. Of course I would like if more people register and be active here, however, if they get here just to spread more cancer, I'd prefer them to get their fat asses out of here.
But those new members were trying to discuss nightcore. What cancer are you talking about?

I'm new and I'm just browsing around the forums, and noticed that everyone leaves as soon as they registered as well.
Zurd

Post by Zurd » February 7th, 2014, 11:17 pm

Chop wrote:
Raver wrote:I'm new and I'm just browsing around the forums, and noticed that everyone leaves as soon as they registered as well.
Welcome :)

not everyone leave, just a few like on all forums :)
Chop

Post by Chop » February 7th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Zurd wrote:
Chop wrote:
Raver wrote:I'm new and I'm just browsing around the forums, and noticed that everyone leaves as soon as they registered as well.
Welcome :)

not everyone leave, just a few like on all forums :)
Well yeah, but I was expecting more people to use this forum having seen all the nightcore videos on Youtube.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » February 8th, 2014, 11:42 am

Not all are actual Nightcores, but then if I say this I pretty much think I'll get my ass stomped on...as always.