What is Nightcore?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Re: What is Nightcore?

Post by Kirby » May 15th, 2012, 9:01 pm

There are more random guys like that than you think, believe me. It's funny that none of them can provide anything to back up those claims when asked, either. I believe Maikel gets heaps of those comments and just blocks the people who make them without question.
Gls

Post by Gls » May 15th, 2012, 9:51 pm

And what's even funnier, they actually provided "something" and challenged me to prove if it's wrong.
But I guess it's better to nightcore a song from EDM tracks?
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » May 16th, 2012, 1:15 am

Yes, it is.
WildMaster

Post by WildMaster » January 11th, 2013, 10:00 am

Very HELPFUL! An amazing reference for beginners as well.
Peter

Post by Peter » January 12th, 2013, 4:33 am

"by Kirby » May 16th, 2012, 7:15 am" <--- My birthday! O_o

Glad it helped, WildMaster. :D

A thanks from my side as well, although I practically learnt about Nightcore before coming to this thread, too bad I didn't find out about it sooner. :P
Monster

Post by Monster » February 15th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Thanks! you answered a lot of questions that i had
License! Thanks Namahage!
lightwave

Post by lightwave » April 17th, 2013, 5:44 pm

My first nightcore experience occurred in 1997 when I was operating light systems in Philadelphia, PA nightclubs. One of them had an after-hours license and an organization called Local 13 began producing "raves" there. At one of these events a DJ named Venom from Connecticut began around 3:00 A.M. and raised the energy level significantly. His style inspired me to do one of my better light show coordinations, and the patrons responded accordingly. Afterwards we shook hands and he told me his style is called happy hardcore. Unfortunately I never had another occasion to synchronise with that style and the club closed in the year 2000. Recently I have been experimenting with street parties and I was checking out a band called Rednex on YouTube when I discovered a version of Cotton Eyed Joe in the Nightcore style, leading to many more songs.
Namahage

Post by Namahage » October 3rd, 2013, 4:19 pm

Hey guys, Initial D is one of my favorite animes and I was wondering if the eurobeat songs you hear in the anime would work for nightcore.

Examples:

Kiss Me Goodbye
Heartbeat
Beat of the Rising Sun
Running in the 90's
Eldorado
One Night in Arabia

What do you guys think? Usable or not?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.
The media acting as the eyes of the society ought to practice its role with the highest journalistic ethics possible; feeding the society with information of unquestionable source to perpetuate the credibility and the moral obligation bestowed to it.
SHassassin

Post by SHassassin » November 1st, 2013, 2:28 pm

So any genres that is not included in your list is not even consider nightcore? I heard some other genres and they are pretty good.
Peter

Post by Peter » November 1st, 2013, 4:43 pm

SHassassin wrote:So any genres that is not included in your list is not even consider nightcore? I heard some other genres and they are pretty good.
Being good or being named Nightcore on YouTube doesn't make it Nightcore. It just makes it good and makes it named like that on YouTube, that's that.
SHassassin

Post by SHassassin » November 7th, 2013, 4:25 pm

So what would you called the other songs that are called nightcore but are not really nightcore? Would it be happy hardcore?
Raver

Post by Raver » November 7th, 2013, 6:05 pm

SHassassin wrote:So what would you called the other songs that are called nightcore but are not really nightcore? Would it be happy hardcore?
http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1349
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
SHassassin

Post by SHassassin » November 12th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Raver wrote:
SHassassin wrote:So what would you called the other songs that are called nightcore but are not really nightcore? Would it be happy hardcore?
This doesn't really answer my questions. To be clear ,just in case you are not understanding, I understand the fact that a song that called nightcore is actually nightcore. What I want to know is what would you call those "so-called nightcores" that are not nightcores at all.
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by thecad » November 12th, 2013, 4:11 pm

SHassassin wrote:
Raver wrote:
This doesn't really answer my questions. To be clear ,just in case you are not understanding, I understand the fact that a song that called nightcore is actually nightcore. What I want to know is what would you call those "so-called nightcores" that are not nightcores at all.
Here on these forums we refer to them as speed edits. :)

---'TheCad'---
Family! <3

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
SHassassin

Post by SHassassin » November 12th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Ahhhhhhhh, thanks
Couldn't quote anymore.
Should we make like a name for it, rather then name them "speed edits"?
Raver

Post by Raver » November 12th, 2013, 6:09 pm

SHassassin wrote:
Raver wrote:
It could answer your question. If you had went deeper in the topic, you would find this:
Before calling any of us batshit crazy for doing this, please refer to this thread. Complaints can be made there if you have any, but before you do so, please actually read through the thread. Seriously, cut us all some slack.
*Clicks the link*

*Reads*

The term "speed edit" was used there constantly, so you could guess by reading the whole thread how could you had call them (even better, it would give you the freedom to name them anyway you want, except for Nightcore/Night~stuff~/etc).
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » November 12th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Raver wrote: The term "speed edit" was used there constantly, so you could guess by reading the whole thread how could you had call them (even better, it would give you the freedom to name them anyway you want, except for Nightcore/Night~stuff~/etc).
So, in a way, are the terms nightcore and the night prefix trademarked?
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
Raver

Post by Raver » November 12th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Fernandez wrote:
Raver wrote: The term "speed edit" was used there constantly, so you could guess by reading the whole thread how could you had call them (even better, it would give you the freedom to name them anyway you want, except for Nightcore/Night~stuff~/etc).
So, in a way, are the terms nightcore and the night prefix trademarked?
Raver wrote:This thread is for use on Nightcore Universe ONLY and should be applied to Nightcore Universe ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A MEMBER OF NIGHTCORE UNIVERSE, THIS THREAD DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. None of us condone the use of these posting regulations to annoy, troll, flame, or attempt to dictate videos/uploaders on YouTube -- we kindly ask that you DO NOT use it for such purposes.
Monster

Post by Monster » November 13th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Raver wrote:
Raver wrote:This thread is for use on Nightcore Universe ONLY and should be applied to Nightcore Universe ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A MEMBER OF NIGHTCORE UNIVERSE, THIS THREAD DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. None of us condone the use of these posting regulations to annoy, troll, flame, or attempt to dictate videos/uploaders on YouTube -- we kindly ask that you DO NOT use it for such purposes.
hai
Raver

Post by Raver » November 13th, 2013, 7:41 pm

wat up
Monster

Post by Monster » November 14th, 2013, 8:12 pm

ehh not much what about u?
NewUser

Post by NewUser » December 28th, 2013, 11:48 pm

Question about the description. According to a few minutes of using google, tempo in music terminology is the speed or pace of the music piece. "Very definition of 'speed' is a combination of both tempo and pitch." Speed is a synonym for tempo. I believe this was supposed to refer to the earlier statement as well as how pitch and tempo are linked to each other when it comes to speeding up or down. I am new so I found it to be rather peculiar and I am sorry if this troubles any of you.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » March 25th, 2014, 11:42 am

After reading this thread and other threads, I understand better why people here are sometimes quick to call the "nightcore" uploaders on Youtube "ignorant."

Many uploaders on Youtube are not aware of the elaborate, detailed history behind nightcore. They may not have even heard the the original Nightcore group that started it all.

They most likely aren't aware that nightcore has become a distinct style/genre with its own set definition. They probably don't know that nightcore has a somewhat specific procedure that must be followed.

In my opinion, making nightcore can be likened to performing a science experiment. While making nightcore isn't as strict as a science experiment, it's certainly not so freeform that you can use any song you want to.

If an experiment calls for sulfur, you can't say something like "I don't like sulfur since it smells so bad, so I'll use sodium instead." You must use sulfur, otherwise you would be doing the experiment wrong and not get the intended result.

Likewise, the procedure for nightcore calls for certain electronic genres, doesn't it? This means that you can't use something like pop or hip hop, otherwise you'd be doing it wrong. You would not get the result intended by the founding fathers of nightcore.
Raver

Post by Raver » March 25th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Fernandez wrote:After reading this thread and other threads, I understand better why people here are sometimes quick to call the "nightcore" uploaders on Youtube "ignorant."

Many uploaders on Youtube are not aware of the elaborate, detailed history behind nightcore. They may not have even heard the the original Nightcore group that started it all.

They most likely aren't aware that nightcore has become a distinct style/genre with its own set definition. They probably don't know that nightcore has a somewhat specific procedure that must be followed.

In my opinion, making nightcore can be likened to performing a science experiment. While making nightcore isn't as strict as a science experiment, it's certainly not so freeform that you can use any song you want to.

If an experiment calls for sulfur, you can't say something like "I don't like sulfur since it smells so bad, so I'll use sodium instead." You must use sulfur, otherwise you would be doing the experiment wrong and not get the intended result.

Likewise, the procedure for nightcore calls for certain electronic genres, doesn't it? This means that you can't use something like pop or hip hop, otherwise you'd be doing it wrong. You would not get the result intended by the founding fathers of nightcore.
You've been thinking a lot about this lol.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » March 25th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Raver wrote:
Fernandez wrote:After reading this thread and other threads, I understand better why people here are sometimes quick to call the "nightcore" uploaders on Youtube "ignorant."

You've been thinking a lot about this lol.
Haha, yeah, I guess so. Is that a bad thing?
Raver

Post by Raver » March 25th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Nah, it's fine :)
Watch4FallingRock

Post by Watch4FallingRock » May 5th, 2014, 10:31 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I stumbled upon this post in someone's blog:
Finally the fans.... Yes the fans have corrupted Thomas S Nilsen (a.k.a. DJ TNT) and Steffen Ojala Søderholm (a.k.a. DJ SOS) way of producing nightcore. Fans are now creating mixes in R&B, jazz and other forms of genres that they can think of, but then again I suppose that nightcore is aimed at those that are at the ages of 11 - 16 and have an interest in mixing music.
Does anyone know what this post means? It was kinda hard to understand at first glance.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » May 5th, 2014, 11:17 am

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultur ... ore#misuse

I looks like a post of someone who speaks up about the wrongly used term 'Nightcore'. Doesn't seem to be hard to understand at first glance at all.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Watch4FallingRock

Post by Watch4FallingRock » May 5th, 2014, 6:27 pm

rsslayersr wrote:http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultur ... ore#misuse

I looks like a post of someone who speaks up about the wrongly used term 'Nightcore'. Doesn't seem to be hard to understand at first glance at all.
Well, it was for me, but thanks anyway.
DJ Shaunathan

Post by DJ Shaunathan » May 8th, 2014, 2:15 pm

The Original Post is a fantastic definition of what Nightcore is from what I've experienced so far on youtube over the past few years. I've got some questions though.

As it states, Nightcore is a speed edit of an electronic song. What happens if you write a song specifically to the sound characterized by Nightcore? Is it a Nightcore song? Technically it's not an edit, it's a creation. My initial reaction is that now you cross over into Happy Hardcore and other Hard Dance genres. So let's say I write a song, it's pitched up, it's faster, it's hard, dancy, and upbeat. Is it not considered Nightcore for no other reason than it's not an edit?

Any attempt to answer these questions would be appreciated.