Copying Nightcore

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Moonightcore

Copying Nightcore

Post by Moonightcore » April 18th, 2011, 11:08 am

Hiya!! I'm Moonightcore. Some of you know me... but I'm not going to talk about me. (English is not my main language, I hope you can understand me)

I see many people in youtube that have the same music, i know that's "normal" because they could have the same idea of nightcore the song. But i see people that upload the same music 3 or 4 weeks after one uploaded them. That is happening to me now, when i upload one nightcore, other one uploads the same as me two weeks later.

What do you think about this?
Have you ever experiment this situation?
JustSound

Re: Copying Nightcore

Post by JustSound » April 18th, 2011, 11:26 am

yeah, some people with not very popular channels wait for good nightcore to be uploaded then they just reupload that to try and make their channel more poplular. I could see it being very annoying if they're taking credit for you're work, but its best not to worry about people like that.
My latest song: Justsound- Summer Nights

Check it out!

Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » April 18th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Sure, Nightcoring a song doesn't mean it's copyrighted to you, but in general, people do not appreciate their ideas relentlessly ripped/stolen/copied by others.
I can't think of an uploader who hasn't experienced this situation. I'd even be willing to bet that none of Maikel's Nightcore uploads haven't been ripped and reuploaded by someone else.

I would try to ignore it, since it happens a hell of a lot, but if people get popular doing it I would really be bothered.
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » April 18th, 2011, 2:46 pm

I agree about what Kirby said there. As long as the video doesn't get more popular I think it's pretty OK. But I also know that if they copy they don't get the same quality on their song as you have. And if ppl check the copy videos they will probably see your Nightcore on "Related Videos".
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » April 18th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Yeah, it's so true. Stupid people copying my videos, it's really irritating. But yeah, we can't do much against it..
Luckily most of those videos get a few to no views at all.
I wish those people would give credit. Then it's fine. And yeah.. I've had enough situations with some sh*theads who were like totally angry about me asking for that. >.>
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
Moonightcore

Post by Moonightcore » April 18th, 2011, 3:33 pm

thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts with me.
I think I'll just ignore them.
It's because I search one of my nightcores in a friend's house and I found others that they were the same as mine. I'm not very popular on youtube and people rarely read the upload date.
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » April 18th, 2011, 3:55 pm

You can't really do anything about it anyway. Except ask them to take it down.
Otherwise you just have to ignore them :(
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » April 18th, 2011, 10:14 pm

They most likely use a youtube grabber involving encoding (flv audio to mp3)

Ultimately, they have a sound quality that sounds less good than yours. Only thing you can hope is peeps listening to you instead for having a better sound quality. Also, watermarks (both audio and video). I suggest microsoft sam, which is included in wavepad. Have him say "An original Maikel631 video. Visit Maikel631 channel for more nightcore tracks) " At the end of each and every of your tracks. This way, either people will not remove the watermark due to a lack of knowledge, or will transcode audio again, before transcoding AGAIN when making their vid. An original HQ (320/256/V0/V1/APX, mp3) file will still sound ok on youtube after 1-2 transcodes. However:

You making the nightcore = 1 transcode
You making the vid = 2 transcodes (your file can thus still sound proper for youtube)

Grabbing = 3 transcodes
Editing = 4 transcodes
Them making a vid = 5 transcodes

Some people won't care about sound quality, but most will change nightcore provider after hearing a channel full of ok sound quality being transcoded up to 5 times

tl;dr: Use watermarks and high quality raw files
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » April 19th, 2011, 12:00 am

The only problem with your method is that it discourages people who want to convert the video for use on their MP3 players, which imo is legitimate.
Tyurru

Post by Tyurru » April 19th, 2011, 4:18 am

Step 1: Write a song
Step 2: Record that song
Step 3: Turn that song Nightcore
Step 4: Upload to Youtube
Step 5: Wait for it to be stolen
Step 6: Copyright them!
Step 7: Profit!?!
Check out my youtube where I make songs using FL 9 studios, Nightcore, Techno, Trance and Dance. http://www.youtube.com/user/NGTyurru http://tyurru.newgrounds.com
Moonightcore

Post by Moonightcore » April 19th, 2011, 5:40 am

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, I really apreciate them.
I'm going to star using watermarks, and after reading about the transcodes, I'm going to ignore them.
Other thing I can't understand, is copying nightcore which has lyrics and upload to youtube whitout them.
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » April 19th, 2011, 8:05 am

This is because some people don't care about lyrics themselves, or just want as many views as possible and thus forget some important stuff. When I think of it, the lyrics of a single song should be as expected as the tracklisitng of a mix.
xXMidnightDawnXx

Post by xXMidnightDawnXx » April 19th, 2011, 12:45 pm

DjSwemania wrote:I agree about what Kirby said there. As long as the video doesn't get more popular I think it's pretty OK. But I also know that if they copy they don't get the same quality on their song as you have. And if ppl check the copy videos they will probably see your Nightcore on "Related Videos".

sad thing is i see this all time with nightcores and where they just upload a song and call it nightcore when nothing was done to the song like waves u would think its not that hard to put in "Nightcore-name of the song" and see if someone has not nightcored it before u put the work in to nightcoreing it yourself but that won't help for the ppl doing to just to steal others nightcore and claim then as there own the best thing any of us can do is call them out on it or just ask them to take it down =/ and on the bright side if ppl are taking your nightcores that does mean your good otherwise they won't take them if that helps that all >.>