Are the songs I remixed in my YouTube channel actually Nightcore?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
ysleungrockman

Are the songs I remixed in my YouTube channel actually Nightcore?

Post by ysleungrockman » January 26th, 2018, 5:41 am

Hi, guys! I am new here. I have a YouTube channel that is doing some anime song remix. Normally, I use flex speed in Logic Pro X to change the voice of the singer to something like his/her opposite sex, and then upload the song to my channel and claim them as Male Version/Female Version, since my original approach is to examine what it will sound like if something like the singer changing sex happens. However, for a lot of female version song in my channel, many users told me that it should be called a nightcore. Therefore, I now really want to know if my remix should only be called a nightcore, or not, or if they are really a nightcore. Here's my YouTube channel for your reference:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpx9iH ... XKAwJKBp9A
I have read some posts in this forum but I'm still questioning myself so I ask it here. Is what I done nightcore, even the male version? Does it make sense if I call them Female/Male Version because of my approach?
P.S.: If this post offended any rules here, I apologize.
Zurd

Re: Are the songs I remixed in my YouTube channel actually Nightcore?

Post by Zurd » January 26th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Hi and welcome on NU!

Nightcore is just about speeding songs, nothing else, which by default will also change the pitch of the singer's voice. Some male's voice will be higher so it feels like a woman but woman's singer will still be a woman's voice.

Your songs doesn't seem like it's faster than the original so it's not nightcore.
ysleungrockman

Re: Are the songs I remixed in my YouTube channel actually Nightcore?

Post by ysleungrockman » January 26th, 2018, 11:49 pm

Zurd wrote: January 26th, 2018, 2:07 pm Hi and welcome on NU!

Nightcore is just about speeding songs, nothing else, which by default will also change the pitch of the singer's voice. Some male's voice will be higher so it feels like a woman but woman's singer will still be a woman's voice.

Your songs doesn't seem like it's faster than the original so it's not nightcore.
Thanks for answering! Now I can explain to them more clearly!