Can i not call myself a nightcore channel anymore?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
TahliaCat

Can i not call myself a nightcore channel anymore?

Post by TahliaCat » February 24th, 2017, 2:09 am

HI my name is TahliaCat and i have a nightcore channel, or should i call it speed up and pitched channel? I mainly upload pop and alternative music and some rock. I only have about 3 songs that are actually somewhat close to being techo-ish. I mainly try to upload every couple of days and i add lyrics, i do the best i can while using windows movie maker xD. The thing is i dont even really like techno, eurotrance and all that so im def not uploading songs i dont even like.

my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aBnO ... w/featured
emilemil1

Re: Can i not call myself a nightcore channel anymore?

Post by emilemil1 » February 24th, 2017, 10:39 am

I think you should do what you feel is right. In the public eye the word "Nightcore" doesn't mean what it used to, it hasn't for a very long time, and if you want to follow the norm that's fine in my opinion. Chances are that if you were to name your videos something like "Song Name [sped up and pitched]" people would comment asking why you're not just calling it Nightcore. It's wrong, but you've got to ask yourself what's more important: educating people on the right meaning of X or Y word, or reaching out to as many people as possible and letting those people enjoy your videos in bliss ignorance.

To be honest, I think that the only people who can actually correct the public's view of Nightcore are the massive channels with subscribers in the hundreds of thousands.

HOWEVER! When discussing music here on NU it's much appreciated if the correct terminology is used, so we don't get confused :)