How to get more views/subscribers?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Nightcore4eva

How to get more views/subscribers?

Post by Nightcore4eva » December 4th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Advice would be great! One of my videos has been up for a couple of weeks and has had NO likes, and I only have 3 subscribers. This is addressed to those of you who have many subscribers to your channel. How long did it take for you to get to where you are today in terms of subscribers? Thanks!
emilemil1

Re: How to get more views/subscribers?

Post by emilemil1 » December 4th, 2015, 8:31 pm

http://imgur.com/IGMc05E
Here's a chart of my channel's progress, in subscribers gained per month. The falloff starting at the beginning of December 2015 coincides with when I stopped taking requests for fake Nightcore ^^

Anyway, from then to now took just over 3 years.

There are tons of shortcuts to getting views and subs, I'm sure you can think of a few yourself. The sudden spike after June 2014 for example was due to a remix of Let It Go, released when that song was at the peak of its popularity. Piggybacking on hype works :) But other than that little boost, I've not really done anything special to try and boost my views or subs, I've just uploaded music I liked (in videos that mostly aren't very fancy) and left the rest to fate.

Some of the things others have done that are tried and true: Sexy images, high quality video effects, tons and tons of mixes, catering to a niche (for example one particular style of music that not many others upload), etc.
Zurd

Post by Zurd » December 6th, 2015, 3:23 am

I don't bother with getting more viewers, I just do about a song a month that I'd like to listen in Nightcore. I don't think having a popular channel is in any way a goal to achieve since it's pointless!
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » December 6th, 2015, 10:56 pm

Well, the whole point of putting content on YT is that you supposedly expect people to watch that content. You're not uploading for yourself, you're doing it for others, and popularity is one metric indicating how well you're catering to your audience.

Though it can also be a measurement of how mainstream your content is ^^ It's important to not be blinded by big numbers and lose sight of what you want your channel to be. In other words, don't be a sellout to the sub/view counter.