Is this too risky?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Nightcore4eva

Is this too risky?

Post by Nightcore4eva » November 30th, 2015, 8:13 pm

So, I torrented a REALLY good album called "Trance 100- best of 2014", and found some tracks that were PERFECT for nightcore remixes. I am concerned, because I think this is the best nightcore I've done yet. Is this more risky than doing a nighcore remix of an uploaded song which hasn't been nightcored? Btw the label is Armada.
Tranceformer

Re: Is this too risky?

Post by Tranceformer » December 1st, 2015, 12:03 am

I never had Problem with Armada and their sublabels like FSOE.
Everysluvx

Post by Everysluvx » December 1st, 2015, 3:49 am

No matter who you bring Shares is a very good place to learn more.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » December 1st, 2015, 5:10 am

Is this more risky than doing a nighcore remix of an uploaded song which hasn't been nightcored?
Even the song (either the original and the nightcore) has been uploaded on YouTube doesn't mean it is safe to upload.

I always upload songs no one has uploaded, it is not productive to upload the same songs as everyone else, the world would just get one more copy of the same thing. So I would do it when I can upload a better audio quality one.

More tips on copyright
Copyright of Nightcore videos
http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic. ... 268#p28268
emilemil1 wrote:"Promotion" without explicit consent from the author is piracy. It doesn't matter if the tracks are untouched or edited into Nightcore, it's still piracy. It also doesn't matter if you bought the tracks legally through iTunes or got them from a torrent, uploading them on YouTube without consent from the copyright holder is equally illegal in both cases.

If you want your promotion channel (Nightcore or not) to get away with this, and also profit from it, then you better be prepared to put in some serious effort to make both labels and artists happy. You have to convince them that there is a good reason for them to not take your videos down in favor of their official music videos. This means properly crediting the artists and labels involved, adding links to the online stores/streaming services where the song can be found, and just being an overall good host. You basically have to do a better job of promoting the song than the labels would themselves.

A non-monetized channel still has some of these responsibilities, especially if it's a big channel (since a big channel has more influence), but monetized channels have to pay it extra mind since anything touched by money will immediately become a much bigger deal, both legally and morally (I won't mention the many moral issues).

Nightcore channels are slightly safer since they're not directly competing with official videos, they're targeting a slightly different audience, but it's still pretty much the same thing. Monetize and you immediately put a big target and a big responsibility on your shoulders.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.