Will we ever see a public performance from Nightcore?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Namahage

Will we ever see a public performance from Nightcore?

Post by Namahage » October 8th, 2014, 8:40 pm

I was starting to wonder if we would ever see a public performance from Nightcore (the group). I heard they were supposed to perform at a show in the USA a few years back, but did not appear there at all. Even though they are active on Facebook, I haven't heard much news regarding new music or upcoming appearances.

I'm sure it would be the ultimate experience for any nightcore fan to see the duo who started it all perform live in person.

Do you think that Nightcore will ever perform publicly?

If they were set to appear at a show, would you go to their performance?

Discuss.
The media acting as the eyes of the society ought to practice its role with the highest journalistic ethics possible; feeding the society with information of unquestionable source to perpetuate the credibility and the moral obligation bestowed to it.
emilemil1

Re: Will we ever see a public performance from Nightcore?

Post by emilemil1 » October 8th, 2014, 9:01 pm

I don't think they will perform live, at least not as Nightcore, because the genres they mix have fallen too much out of favor. They'd probably need to pay for the whole thing themselves if it were to happen, because no show will hire DJs who plays music no one wants to listen to.

At most there might be some club willing to accept them, but even that would be a long shot.

As for the second question, no, I wouldn't go because I don't go to shows/clubs/festivals or anything similar :)
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » October 9th, 2014, 10:40 am

Namahage wrote:I was starting to wonder if we would ever see a public performance from Nightcore (the group). I heard they were supposed to perform at a show in the USA a few years back, but did not appear there at all. Even though they are active on Facebook, I haven't heard much news regarding new music or upcoming appearances.

I'm sure it would be the ultimate experience for any nightcore fan to see the duo who started it all perform live in person.

Do you think that Nightcore will ever perform publicly?

If they were set to appear at a show, would you go to their performance?

Discuss.

thats a good thought. Well I dont think the original nightcore group will make any live events since they arent even that popular it wouldnt be worth for them. Yet the nightcore fan base is very low to make such huge things. As it seems the original nightcore group doesnt even care about the success of nightcore. I would be very interested what they are doing at the moment. Their inactivity says everything about their motivation to continue producing nightcore. I wonder if they answer questions on their facebook page I already tried to contact them with an e-mail but it doesnt seem like they will answer.

I wonder if we can give them motivation to continue nightcore. But first we have to know what they are doing atm otherwise we dont understand the situation.

But very interesting question by you! If there would be any live nightcore concert I would go there but only if its not too far away. Actually even if they drop nightcore I want to become DJ and producer anyways and produce euro trance/euro dance/hands up with nightcore versions and make nightcore bigger than it is. Thats my dream and I will be working slowly my way towards becoming DJ and producer.
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » August 20th, 2017, 7:22 pm

This is one of the most interesting questions I've seen in my two years of being here at NU. To answer your question, I don't think that there will be a public performance from Nightcore anytime soon, because, as emile said, the genres they produce has fallen out of favour, which is a real shame, because hands up isn't well-known as a genre except for in Germany. Electro house and dubstep (both of which are so generic it's not funny) are where it's at in the EDM world, unfortunately. If someone founded a nightclub which only played hands up (and maybe even Nightcore!) in New Zealand, it probably wouldn't last very long. And yes, I would go to a performance. But personally, I think that Nightcore will remain a Youtube phenomenon, which I don't see dying anytime soon (feel free to disagree with that statement).
MSD_001

Post by MSD_001 » September 9th, 2017, 6:24 pm

Yep because im going to be singing loads of nightcore to over 200 people soon