A few questions about nightcore and genres

For Nightcore discussion in general.
4lucard

A few questions about nightcore and genres

Post by 4lucard » March 19th, 2014, 10:19 am

I do know that nightcore is a some form of trance/dance/techno raised up to be around 160-180+bpm and is a style of happy hardcore (correct me if I'm wrong.) And there is so many fake nightcores out there, even the most viewed video tagged as nightcore, "Angel with a Shotgun," is undeniably not a nightcore.

No doubt the song has to be some form of an EDM, so any song outside of EDM is out of the question (unless if there is a EDM mix.) And trance and techno are obviously EDM genres. What I don't understand is the "dance" part. What does it mean by dance music? Does that mean any song that is an EDM? If so, why is trance and techno a special case (other than the nightcore duo used those genre, I know that.) If not, what does dance mean as a genre?

Now can house, electro, moombahton, glitch hop, trap, UK garage or Nu jazz or disco, etc. be nightcored? If not is there a real reason why? I suppose drum and bass, hardcore, or other genres of that tempo can't really be nightcored because it's already at that tempo. (Though it would make sense to me if it can be nightcore just by the pitch edit.)

What about Nightstep? I figure nightstep is a speed edit of dubstep and is really a style of drumstep. Does that qualify as nightcore? Would it be accepted by the community? If not, why not?
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Re: A few questions about nightcore and genres

Post by thecad » March 19th, 2014, 10:26 am

All your questions will be answered in this topic http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... =53&t=1441 so please read that and I hope everything will be clear!
Family! <3

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
4lucard

Post by 4lucard » March 19th, 2014, 10:44 am

The link tells me "You are not authorised to read this forum."
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by thecad » March 19th, 2014, 10:46 am

I apologize here is the working link http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... =11&t=1316
Family! <3

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
4lucard

Post by 4lucard » March 19th, 2014, 11:25 am

Thank you, that explains more than enough. So nightcore is a hardcore trance. Kirby should edit his post and remove the "dance" part because it really confused me and I still don't understand why that's there, because dance could mean any genre I've just listed.
That is too bad for me, because I don't generally like trance and I don't really know what techno is (I've only read about it recently, and I don't recall if I've heard of one.) That really limits options what I can make a nightcore of and ruins what I have in mind.
I'm glad I asked at least, I don't want to be one of those guys that speed edits any song and tag it as nightcore. Now I know it's not something for me to do. Thanks for the help. [s]A "nighthouse" or "electronight" community should emerge.[/s]

Edit: Aw there is no striking in this forum, well the [s] was intended to be a strikeout.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu » March 20th, 2014, 7:37 am

Welcome to the forums :) its good you know what Nightcore is now. The thing is you should try listen to some real Nightcore songs or actually Nightcore some techno or trance songs. There a quite a few trance songs and techno songs I hate so much but when Nightcored it becomes one of my favourite songs. It might be the same for you just because it sounds bad and you dont like it when its not Nightcored, give it a shot and Nightcore it you might actually like it and be surprised, happened to me a few times and it can make a huge difference. :)
4lucard

Post by 4lucard » March 29th, 2014, 5:36 am

Me nightcoring something doesn't seem likely for me though, as I don't really listen to trance/techno/eurodance and I don't enjoy the genres as a whole. The closest thing that I listen to is probably progressive house mixed with some trance in it or Au5's "trancestep."
I do like happy hardcore though, so I suppose I can check out some songs around here that are already a nightcore, because nightcore on Youtube is full of shit. :)