Hi, im Nexus ^^

For Nightcore discussion in general.
TheNexus

Hi, im Nexus ^^

Post by TheNexus » February 22nd, 2014, 8:20 am

Hello everyone, its a pleasure for me to have you here reading my post!
Let me tell you some things about me:
Im from Bulgaria ( i wish i didnt even know it existed >.> ) and im 18 year old male.
My favorite hobby is fishing (yes it does sound funny :D ) and i also like to make nightcore for my YouTube channel since i have alot of fun while making it ^^ .
I would be honored if you could support my channel by subscribing: https://www.youtube.com/NexusNightcore
Zurd

Re: Hi, im Nexus ^^

Post by Zurd » February 22nd, 2014, 10:10 am

Yah, we get it from your other post:
http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?p=25373

And after checking your channel, it's not Nightcore.

Nightcore is not just any kind of song which is modified to be faster, it must, in the first place, be either a dance, happy hardcore or trance song, else we just call them speed edits.

Read this for the complete definition :
http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... =11&t=1349
http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... f=17&t=930
http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... 586#p24583

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/nightcore
TheNexus

Post by TheNexus » February 23rd, 2014, 5:50 am

First of all thank you for responding to my post :)
And second- i have a descent knolage of what nightcore means and i can assure you that i know what im doing.
Im only getting started and im also amazed to see soo many successful channels which contain mostly "speed edits"as you call them.
I know very well that nightcore is mainly dance, trance and eurodance but i consider this as a limitation( a sort of imperfection if you want) and i dont think nightcore should be soo limited.
I know that you may say that i dont know anything but this is my own style of nightcore.

Have a nice day! :)
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by thecad » February 23rd, 2014, 6:53 am

TheNexus wrote: I know very well that nightcore is mainly dance, trance and eurodance but i consider this as a limitation( a sort of imperfection if you want) and i dont think nightcore should be soo limited.
I know that you may say that i dont know anything but this is my own style of nightcore.
Well I'm sad to inform you that here on this forum we do not support other "styles" of nightcore then the original.
We here share the view with the original Nightcore group, thats why we have rules about the nightcore posted here on the forums.

I don't wanna say you should stop making nightcore or whatever, just don't advertise these kind of speed edits here.
Family! <3

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » February 23rd, 2014, 7:06 am

Glad to see a rather civilized person when it comes to these policies. Hope you won't just go and never come back, I want to know why people still think Nightcore is merely speeding up any song after they are being told it is not.

"Nightcore" is a game of telephone, like how "10000 hours to be the top 1% of the field" become "10000 hours to learn something". Please take a minutes and half to watch the following.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY#t=5m04s
Just because people think "10000 hours to learn something" is true doesn't make it true. The version of "Nightcore" you are told or at least you listened on YouTube is "random songs, any songs" but the orgin is "techno/dance". Imagine we are in a perfect world and no one labels sped up pop/rock to "Nightcore" and I bet no one would say Nightcore is sped up any song.

You have rised a very good point, "soo many successful channels which contain mostly "speed edits"as you call them." Is there a better solution/name for sped up pop/rock? Of course there is
Having a name for non-nightcore songs with the speedy high pitch edit
http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1563

I would say it is not limitation but it is what it is. Chinese has a saying "paint a snake with feet", nightcore is like the snake and all other sped up are the feets. Would snake become a creature with feets just because people think it has?

Listen examples of the following site, http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
There are so many grenre/style of music, they all have their own characteristics and the reasons why people like them. And for Nightcore, is the beat, the melody and the lyrics. But if we apply your definitaion, what would Nightcore became? an ambiguous genre-cum-meme written in the following article.
http://crackmagazine.net/blog/nightcore ... e-sort-of/
And you are saying you are going to be a part of the problem.

Nightcore is not sped up pop/rock/metal/hip hop/rap/instrumental/dubstep/house/folk/r&b/country music but techno/dance/trance. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate speed up music, speed up can be a good thing (and what makes Nightcore Nightcore) but naming (and negligence) is the problem. You are still welcomed here, or at least me, just stick to the rules and post only techno/dance songs.
Kirby wrote:I felt the need to elaborate (and in shorter terms) because someone will probably be asking later --
  • When a new song is produced, it is not simply known as "music." It is known as rap, techno, pop, folk.. whatever genre it should be classified as. On the other hand, when a song is sped up, it is simply known as "Nightcore" and there is no further classification given to it at all. Music has evolved because it has branched out into hundreds of different categories and genres over time. The argument being made here is that sped up music hasn't evolved because it has not done so; everyone continues to name it the same exact thing. This results in completely different songs being classified as being the same thing, and as noted, a "royal mess."
  • If anyone even hopes of Nightcore being accepted in the industry one day, it needs to be more organized .. that is, have clearer definitions. You can't just speed up any songs you want and keep throwing them into the same enormous pile.
  • The original Nightcore group chooses to ONLY speed up techno/trance/dance songs to this day, indicating that they would like to stick with their happy hardcore/rave origins.
  • If you're going to claim that half of a definition can be accepted as the truth, you're also claiming that the other half of it can be valid, too .. and that clearly doesn't make any sense. Just read the "CONSIDER THIS," I don't think anyone here could have put it any better than that.
  • Again, I cannot repeat this enough .. there is nothing any of us find wrong with people liking or making sped up songs of other genres. What we find wrong is what people decide to call those songs. If a country music producer called all their songs "hardstyle," they do not need to stop liking, listening, or producing country music .. they simply need to stop referring to their songs as "hardstyle" when it really is country music, or a subgenre of that.
Kestrel0907 wrote:we won't see any more of those disrespectfull freaks around here,i've got sick of it.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we still do. People are coming in and out of here all the time. I would like to make it clear that people who don't agree with the policies are still welcome at these forums. People who are going to be excessively whiny and dramatizing about it, however, are not. (like the last person who posted in this thread, for instance .. they know who they are)

It's fine if you oppose the rules, as long as you aren't going to be outright rude about it. Also, if you're going to post here, please read everything we've said before and make a thorough attempt to understand us beforehand. It's extremely annoying to have to keep repeating ourselves over and over again.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

TheNexus

Post by TheNexus » February 23rd, 2014, 8:34 am

Personaly i dont just speed up the music i make, i also change the pitch like im supposed to do with "the original" nightcore. Also your "original"nightcore is made the same exact way i make mine for example.
The nightcore i make is only in a different genre.
Also i have a question: Why do you hate nightcore? (take some time to think on that question :) )
Why dont you just accept that fact that nightcore is "evolving"(so to speak) ?

NOTE: Basicly your "original" nightcore is a "speed edit" of techno, dance, trance etc...

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate nightcore... i just like nightcore remixes of most genres ( not only the genres you accept as "original")

Have a nice day :)
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » February 23rd, 2014, 9:36 am

As you may have noticed (or not), changing speed also changes the pitch.

Yes, different genre make a LOT difference, even power metal and death metal are total different stuff, let along pop/rock/metal/hip hop/rap/instrumental/dubstep/house/folk/r&b/country.

I always wonder, how can you explain the process of how "Nightcore" became the short form of "speeding up any song". I have already written 3000 words in the meme of why it is not, maybe you can wirte something than just hurling rhetorical questions ask me to write even more?

No, I like speedy music with good melody (so I spam them here again)

Why don't you just accept the fact that Nightcore “Nightcore means that we are the core of the night, so you’ll dance all night long” and “Nightcore has become a style of music, a way to make the music happier – ‘happy hardcore’ as they say."

Glad you also raised issue: the term "evolves". No it didn't.
Wathced the game of telephone of "10000 hours to be the top 1% of the field" became "10000 hours to learn something" yet?
Nightcore never changed, just you are the last person in the game of telephone.

Before we dive into the topic, we have to understand how language works. "Nightcore" is a word, a word with arbitrary meaning, but it is not totally arbitrary and it means songs of the following style
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 553EB99A95

How to differentiate "evolve" and "misuse"?
Gay evolve from happy to homosexual
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... omosexual/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay#History

Misuse
Use "hardcore" to describe "pop/rock"
Use "night" to say "day"
Use "nightcore" to describe non-dance music
(sry didn't came up with better examples.)

Annoying bs below
Would you say "10000 hours to be the top 1% of the field" become "10000 hours to learn something" is evolving? Would you still say nightcore is sped up pop/rock/metal/hip hop/rap/instrumental/dubstep/house/folk/r&b/country if you have never heard a sped up pop/rock/metal/hip hop/rap/instrumental/dubstep/house/folk/r&b/country song labelled "Nightcore"? Do you think keep repeating sped up pop/rock/metal/hip hop/rap/instrumental/dubstep/house/folk/r&b/country is very annoying? Your "Nightcore" is effectively sped up pop/rock/metal/hip hop/rap/instrumental/dubstep/house/folk/r&b/country so I have to keep pasting sped up pop/rock/metal/hip hop/rap/instrumental/dubstep/house/folk/r&b/country.
You may still say the number of sped up random songs all are labelled "Nightcore" on YouTube is enough to overwhelm and deceive the public (and you). Let me introduce you with the following:

Adverse possession is a law that make you the owner of the property if you occupied the property for a long enough period of time and real owner didn't challenge you. In Hong Kong, you just need to occupy the property for twelve years and you will be the owner. Apply it to nightcore, sped up random songs all are labelled "Nightcore", so they are occupying it, right? However, the problem is the real owner of Nightcore is still around, so are its fans and Nightcore channels. So sped up random songs can't really take over the word by adverse possession.

Read more
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrariness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

Zurd

Post by Zurd » February 23rd, 2014, 4:43 pm

TheNexus wrote:Also i have a question: Why do you hate nightcore? (take some time to think on that question :) )
We don't hate it, most of us also listen to speed edits.
TheNexus wrote:Why dont you just accept that fact that nightcore is "evolving"(so to speak) ?
Besides doing what the original Nightcore group did, it just make sense to not call Nightcore other genre of music for the simple fact that... it's a different genre! The term Nightstep for dubstep is quite popular now, you just need to find a new catchy name for other type of music.

So speed up a dance song, call it Nightcore, speed up a rock song, call it something else, speed up a rap song, call it again something else, they're all different types of music after all!

One of the problem in calling everything Nightcore is if someone doesn't like pop but listen to a pop song that was sped up and was called Nightcore, then this person will not like Nightcore which is wrong.

By defining Nightcore as any song that is speed up, it's like saying "let's get rid of all the music genre name like pop, rock, dance and so on and let's just call it music instead".
Monster

Post by Monster » February 23rd, 2014, 11:08 pm

Zurd wrote: So speed up a dance song, call it Nightcore, speed up a rock song, call it something else, speed up a rap song, call it again something else, they're all different types of music after all!
This^
License! Thanks Namahage!
Chop

Post by Chop » February 23rd, 2014, 11:24 pm

Zurd wrote: By defining Nightcore as any song that is speed up, it's like saying "let's get rid of all the music genre name like pop, rock, dance and so on and let's just call it music instead".
I don't see it that way.

First of all, I don't see nightcore as a genre in the first place. Even if we look at only the so-called "true nightcore," it's still to broad and messy to be considered a genre. Furthermore, you can't make nightcore from scratch the same way you can make techno or dubstep.

I see nightcore as more of a viral internet trend or Youtube phenomenon.

Why can you get away with making any song regardless of genre Alvin and the Chipmunks? Because Alvin and the Chipmunks isn't a genre, it's a Youtube phenomenon/meme/internet trend.

I see nightcore in a similar way, and that is the main reason why I believe other genres should be allowed to be nightcored.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Raver

Post by Raver » February 23rd, 2014, 11:37 pm

Chop wrote:
Zurd wrote: By defining Nightcore as any song that is speed up, it's like saying "let's get rid of all the music genre name like pop, rock, dance and so on and let's just call it music instead".
I don't see it that way.

First of all, I don't see nightcore as a genre in the first place. Even if we look at only the so-called "true nightcore," it's still to broad and messy to be considered a genre. Furthermore, you can't make nightcore from scratch the same way you can make techno or dubstep.

I see nightcore as more of a viral internet trend or Youtube phenomenon.

Why can you get away with making any song regardless of genre Alvin and the Chipmunks? Because Alvin and the Chipmunks isn't a genre, it's a Youtube phenomenon/meme/internet trend.

I see nightcore in a similar way, and that is the main reason why I believe other genres should be allowed to be nightcored.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Well, we do, but thanks for your opinion anyways.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu » February 24th, 2014, 12:36 am

Look cant people see our point if they don't like it and the rules on this site why bother joining in the first place and still continue to argue and disagree with others. Not being mean but either understand the rules and follow them on here or just don't post and leave this site and find another site for all genre of songs sped up.
I Am Arthur Clark

Post by I Am Arthur Clark » February 24th, 2014, 2:04 am

Cthulhu wrote:Look cant people see our point if they don't like it and the rules on this site why bother joining in the first place and still continue to argue and disagree with others. Not being mean but either understand the rules and follow them on here or just don't post and leave this site and find another site for all genre of songs sped up.
Well, the thing is, you need to make an account and join before you can see the rules.

Perhaps we should make the rules visible to those who don't have accounts here so that people who don't like the rules won't waste their time registering?
Raver

Post by Raver » February 24th, 2014, 11:57 am

I Am Arthur Clark wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:Look cant people see our point if they don't like it and the rules on this site why bother joining in the first place and still continue to argue and disagree with others. Not being mean but either understand the rules and follow them on here or just don't post and leave this site and find another site for all genre of songs sped up.
Well, the thing is, you need to make an account and join before you can see the rules.

Perhaps we should make the rules visible to those who don't have accounts here so that people who don't like the rules won't waste their time registering?
So we need to change the site code to prevent people to waste 2min of their time?
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by thecad » February 24th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Raver wrote:
I Am Arthur Clark wrote:

So we need to change the site code to prevent people to waste 2min of their time?
Yeah not gonna happen...
And it's been like this always so we are getting pretty direct with it atm...
Join->read rules->don't like them? 1. suck it up and enjoy your stay. 2.leave.
We're fine with either one.
Family! <3

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » February 24th, 2014, 4:54 pm

I don't mean to provoke anyone, but I've always wondered why the rules aren't publicly visible.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
Raver

Post by Raver » February 24th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Fernandez wrote:I don't mean to provoke anyone, but I've always wondered why the rules aren't publicly visible.
I don't know to be honest, but I don't think it's such a big deal.
MagicScream

Post by MagicScream » February 24th, 2014, 7:36 pm

thecad wrote: Yeah not gonna happen...
And it's been like this always so we are getting pretty direct with it atm...
Join->read rules->don't like them? 1. suck it up and enjoy your stay. 2.leave.
We're fine with either one.
Even though I thought your post was somewhat harsh-sounding at first, it pretty much sums up a significant aspect of real-world life in fact.

I like to think of forums such as NU like public places in the real world (i.e. shopping malls, nightclubs, libraries, etc). If you do not want to abide by the rules in a public library, then do not use the library. Similarly, if you do not like the rules on NU, then do not use NU.
Raver

Post by Raver » February 24th, 2014, 7:59 pm

^ This.
NightcoreXaaron

Post by NightcoreXaaron » March 12th, 2014, 2:15 am

Hmm i know you xD
Well...Here iz my amazing channel! [Subscribe for the pink guy] Nightcore ftw!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kyleaaron91
`’•.¸*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*¸.•’´
(♡) Kyleaaron91 (♡)
¸.•’´*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*`’•.¸
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » March 20th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Well, sorry for necroposting in this thread, but I thought that a post like this was needed somewhere in the forums.

Before any uploaders start speeding up that pop or hip hop song they just heard on the radio and argue why it should be called nightcore, they should put themselves in the shoes of the original Nightcore band.

Imagine if you made a new music style, and gave it a sweet, cool name. You then share it with the Internet, and eventually reveal how to make your music style.

A few years later, you see the name you coined used on songs/uploads that sound vastly different from the music you made under the name.

Wouldn't you feel offended, insulted, disrespected?
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(