Which years or decades have the best music for nightcoring?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Fernandez

Which years or decades have the best music for nightcoring?

Post by Fernandez » November 30th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Do you know which decades or years I should focus on when it comes to finding music to nightcore? Right now, I'm listening to songs from the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. Do you think I went too far back?
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
Raver

Re: Which years or decades have the best music for nightcori

Post by Raver » November 30th, 2013, 6:00 pm

So you search music like: "19xx's dance"?
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » November 30th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Raver wrote:So you search music like: "19xx's dance"?
Yeah, pretty much. I usually Google or YouTube terms such as "1970s dance" or "1980s techno" or "1990s dance".
Raver

Post by Raver » November 30th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Well, I would say the most recent albums are the best then.
MagicScream

Post by MagicScream » December 1st, 2013, 10:12 pm

Hmmm...interesting question.

I would say that the 1990s and 2000s yield the highest chance of finding nightcorable music. I think that was when happy hardcore, techno, and trance was in its heyday.

The 70s might be too far back. I don't think any of the required genres existed back then.

The 80s could work since that was when techno music started to emerge. You might be able to find a song or two from that decade.

2010's music seems kinda iffy in my opinion. It seems like electronic music these days sounds too much like pop or house.

Hope this helps.
Zurd

Post by Zurd » December 2nd, 2013, 12:13 am

There's some good nightcore songs in 2010 like remix of what S3RL is doing and lots from Cascada, but definitely like what MagicScream said, 90's and 2000 yields a lot more.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » December 2nd, 2013, 3:01 am

Zurd wrote:There's some good nightcore songs in 2010 like remix of what S3RL is doing and lots from Cascada, but definitely like what MagicScream said, 90's and 2000 yields a lot more.
All right, thanks guys. After doing some listening, I think I can conclude that the 1970's is no good.

But will certain 80's songs work? I've read on sites like Wikipedia that there was techno music in the 1980's. Plus, I've been listening to 80's music mixes.

For example, I was watching this video of 80's music and found some songs that I think could be nightcorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFtEH8_XGsk

Here are my findings after watching the video:

1:24 - This song has a pretty sweet synth melody. Song is Funkytown by Pseudo Echo.

5:55 - This song sounds a bit like electronic or techno. Song is No Parking by Midnight Star.

6:05 - This song sounds very "techno-y." Song is Don't Stop the Rock by Freestyle.

7:51 - I've heard this song before. It's Pump Up The Jam by Technotronic. Wikipedia says that it's eurodance.

The songs mentioned above are the ones I'm most considering if I were to do a nightcore of a 1980's song. I know the video is long, so you can just focus on the songs listed at those time marks. So, would any of the above songs make a good nightcore MagicScream and Zurd?
MagicScream

Post by MagicScream » December 2nd, 2013, 3:19 am

This is just my opinion. You can disagree with it or take it with a grain of salt if you want.

Funkytown sounds more like rock than electronic. Just because there's a synth doesn't mean it's techno.

No Parking sounds more like funk or R&B and "nightcores" of funk and R&B songs are a no-no here.

Don't Stop The Rock, I would say, has the most potential for being a nightcorable song. Though I'm not sure if robotic voices are allowed in nightcorable music.

Pump Up The Jam sounds like a cross between techno and hip hop. This one's too close for me to make a call.

Like I said, this is just my opinion. I hope this helped, but in the end, I think it's up to you to be the judge.
Zurd

Post by Zurd » December 2nd, 2013, 4:04 am

None could be considered nightcore except pump up the jam, it's quite a close call but it's dance, quite old dance though, I'm pretty sure a nightcore version of it wouldn't sound too good lol good luck :)

wikipedia list this songs as hip house, acid house and eurodance:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump_Up_the_Jam
Raver

Post by Raver » December 2nd, 2013, 11:40 am

Artists produce tons of new hands up (best music for nightcore imo) every week, I don't understand what's the big deal with finding new songs. Really.
Zurd

Post by Zurd » December 2nd, 2013, 1:57 pm

its not about finding the latest and greatest but just music you enjoy personally, nothing wrong with asking our community, we all have different taste in music
Raver

Post by Raver » December 2nd, 2013, 2:10 pm

Wasn't it about finding songs to Nightcore?
Zurd

Post by Zurd » December 2nd, 2013, 2:30 pm

That's exactly what the OP asked actually, I thought he just wanted our opinions :)
MagicScream

Post by MagicScream » December 2nd, 2013, 4:50 pm

Zurd wrote:its not about finding the latest and greatest but just music you enjoy personally, nothing wrong with asking our community, we all have different taste in music
+1

There are people, and possibly nightcore uploaders, who prefer the older hits and could care less about the newest hands up tracks. I personally don't see a problem with people focusing their nightcores on 80s and 90s electronic music. As long as it complies with the posting regulations, who cares what year it comes from?

I'm just stating my opinion so please don't flame me...
Raver

Post by Raver » December 2nd, 2013, 5:06 pm

It kinda makes me a bit uncomfortable when people here like "fear" me or something. But maybe it isn't anything at all anyways, idk..

Well, I know people have different taste in music, I'm just saying it's not that hard to find good songs to Nightcore, and you don't need to go this deep to find them (which is the focus of this thread). "New" songs sound better when you Nightcore them (again, in my opinion), besides it's a way easier to find a lot of them.

Although "old dance" songs sound bad nightcore'd in my opinion (+1), it's not against the rules at all, so it's fine.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » December 2nd, 2013, 5:46 pm

The main reason I asked is that I thought it would be cool to find a hidden gem of a song from yesteryear that no one has nightcored before. Thanks for all of the replies and advice everyone!