Sound quality

For Nightcore discussion in general.
SpeederUp

Sound quality

Post by SpeederUp » April 30th, 2013, 10:10 pm

I just discovered Nightcore by searching in youtube out of pure boredom. I've always thought that some songs needed some more speed, and also, when hearing CDs of DJs in session, the songs are always faster and pitched up. I'm trying to apply these rules to my playlist, and although the results are good, the sound isn't clear. I've searched any button in Audacity, the program I use, but since my knowledge in being DJ is like -1, I don't know how to make use of them. Maybe the problem is the source of the songs, but I want to make sure hearing the opinion of my newly discovered community. On the other hand, I've found youtube uploaders who have the same problem as me, so it could also be that Audacity isn't the best choice.
Any suggestion?
DDJVector

Re: Sound quality

Post by DDJVector » May 1st, 2013, 2:41 am

Yep Audacity is the problem, it might work if you change bitrate of your song with some good program (I'm using 320kbps, 48khz, Jstereo for my songs). Usually (not always) what i find is that when you speed up your song and changing pitch, the higher you get, sound quality will get worse.

Program i'm using now is FL Studio 10 where i can get very good sound quality no matter how much i speeded up and pitched the song. But the program is not free so i can't really help that much what free program works better than audacity.

Sometimes i increased bass & treble in audacity for song to make it sound better but usually it just made sound crack and hurt your ears, especially when listening loud and with headphones. Try increasing bass & treble a little maybe that's my advice for audacity.

There should be some ppl here in the forums who use different program than audacity that can help you more than i do :)
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » May 1st, 2013, 3:16 am

Audacity does cause quality problems. I recently changed from Virtual DJ to WavePad. WavePad gives awesome quality, but it's not free, unless you can find your way around The Pirate Bay. I sometimes give songs a bass boost with Audacity.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » May 1st, 2013, 6:10 am

Wavepad allows you to speed up even if your trial is over if i remember correctly.
SpeederUp

Post by SpeederUp » May 1st, 2013, 8:02 am

Kestrel0907 wrote:Wavepad allows you to speed up even if your trial is over if i remember correctly.
That remembers me that Winrar's trial ended like a year ago and I can still use it, lol.
Anyway, I'll give Wavepad a try and see the results. I will post again here if more problems come, or if the current ones are not solved.
SpeederUp

Post by SpeederUp » May 1st, 2013, 8:36 am

Yep, Wavepad works very well. The sound quality remains unchanged after speeding it up, and it supports more format files than Audacity. So, I think it's a goodbye for Audacity and a lock to this thread.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » May 1st, 2013, 4:22 pm

SpeederUp wrote:Yep, Wavepad works very well. The sound quality remains unchanged after speeding it up, and it supports more format files than Audacity. So, I think it's a goodbye for Audacity and a lock to this thread.
Your wish is my command. ;)
*Locks topic*
Dubstep Girl
Dubstep Girl :)

Post by Dubstep Girl » May 9th, 2013, 3:51 am

never resample the song, only lowers the quality, never makes it better.