osu! (a rhythem game) Nightcore Mod

For Nightcore discussion in general.
lyh

osu! (a rhythem game) Nightcore Mod

Post by lyh » July 3rd, 2012, 2:15 am

First of all, I don't except any of you recall of me at all, since my last visit was one year ago... (I was the guy who said "I'll promote Nightcore in China" and failed...)

In April last year I posted a topic about "osu! core". (<-IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS STUFF, PLEASE READ THAT TOPIC FIRST)
I wrote:
MetalMario201 said that THIS WILL BECOME A MOD, but he didn't add it yet. So if anyone of you want to try it out, you'll still have to change your system date to April 1st...
Now comes the good news. One of my friends discovered that osu! had added "Nightcore" Mod in a latest update!

As is shown in the following picture, the mod is hidden but it's easy to be found if you know the method :D
What happens if I active this mod? Well, I think all of you already knew it!
However, unlike that osu!core on april fools, songs WON'T be nightored in music select screen, you have to play the beatmap to hear the nightcored song...

I may record a video, but as I said in my signature, it's a big problem for me to upload anything to youtube... So I advise you to try it out yourself, since osu! itself is also a good rhythm game...

osu! offical site
Remember, China blocked YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
......and Tor.

-------------------
In China you can watch all Japanese animes online, whether it's this season's new bangumi or the older ones;
In China you will never get trouble for down(up)loading copyrighted materials, like music and Japanese animes;
In China.............(omitted)
THIS IS CHINA. A country WITHOUT some feasible copyright protection measures.....
Kestrel0907

Re: osu! (a rhythem game) Nightcore Mod

Post by Kestrel0907 » July 3rd, 2012, 4:45 am

I don't get it,why would osu! require a mod since there are nightcore maps already?
This would just make rock-pop-rbd nightcore more popular,i don't think this is a good idea,besides there are few techno beatmaps that are good to be nightcored,my opinion is that this should remain hidden as it is in this update and let the mappers do their work.
Yakkety

Post by Yakkety » July 3rd, 2012, 6:32 am

No no NOOOO!!!

There are already Nightcore songpacks for Osu!, no need to make a mod which automatically makes ANY song Nightcore style, people will just think that EVERYTHING is Nightcore this way, there are lots of rock and hippedy-hop songs on Nightcore and this would ruin the already fucked up state of real Nightcore...
Click the picture for my Youtube Channel ;)
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » July 3rd, 2012, 8:44 am

Well yeah, this really does defeat the fact that there are so many Nightcore maps on osu! already as is, but there's nothing we can do about it. At least its hidden, right?
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
Yakkety

Post by Yakkety » July 3rd, 2012, 9:05 am

Well I just tried this new Nightcore mode, and I hate it, played about 15 songs, 15 songs which are good songs but not good as a Nightcore because they're either rock, hippedy-hop, or techno that doesn't match being Nightcore'd, I even played already Nightcore'd songs WITH the Nightcore mode, and they all sound chipmunk...

All in all, nice try to the man who made this, but it's just bad for good songs AND bad for the real Nightcore in the world...
Click the picture for my Youtube Channel ;)
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » July 3rd, 2012, 9:15 am

Personally, I don't think this is going to turn out to be a big deal. From what I've seen, most people in the osu! community seem to think that the majority of songs on osu! do not sound good that way (good on them for that) which is why osu!core was an April Fools Day JOKE. Even then, it doesn't look like it was very well received, and only a few people actually liked the idea.

Nightcore isn't actually as extensive on osu! as its given credit for here, with less than 100 maps, and the popular maps aren't rated as highly as others. Correct me if I'm wrong, though -- perhaps I haven't done enough searching.
lyh

Post by lyh » July 3rd, 2012, 8:40 pm

Well I TOTALLY agree with what you said...
What's more, the mod itself is NOT designed very well, since it was based on the DoubleTime (1.5x speed) mod which was too fast, with the pitch also turned too high. Maybe this is one of the main reason why it didn't become a mod for a whole year.
(In fact there was A LARGE AMOUNT OF people asking for "keep the nightcore mod", so many people replying that moderators had to lock the topic)

I can't infer why peppy added this mod in latest update (the day before yesterday), maybe just for a surprise? (He even didn't write it down in changelog! He only said "if you found SOMETHING AWESOME please PM me I've prepared a gift for the first one to find it"...)
Remember, China blocked YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
......and Tor.

-------------------
In China you can watch all Japanese animes online, whether it's this season's new bangumi or the older ones;
In China you will never get trouble for down(up)loading copyrighted materials, like music and Japanese animes;
In China.............(omitted)
THIS IS CHINA. A country WITHOUT some feasible copyright protection measures.....
Ppprre

Post by Ppprre » July 3rd, 2012, 8:42 pm

It's odd how I found out about osu a few days ago now I've seen it twice in sites I visit sometimes.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » July 3rd, 2012, 8:52 pm

lyh wrote:(In fact there was A LARGE AMOUNT OF people asking for "keep the nightcore mod", so many people replying that moderators had to lock the topic)
I didn't find anything like that. What I found was a handful of 4-5 post topics with people saying "nooo this is fucking retarded don't do it" and then the suggestion being marked as rejected and trashed.

EDIT: Oh, you mean this? http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/49742&start=0
Seems like there was a bunch of arguments at the end.