Hey!

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Nightcore Disaster

Hey!

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 9th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Hello all, im Nightcore Disaster and i'm new in this world!
I started like... 3 days ago? Im a newbie but i'd like to learn new things :D
Mh, what i can say... Im from Rome, Italy and i'm 19 years old ^^
I maked a SoundCloud account where i put all my works (i would make a youtube channel... but when i make the videos all my images are ruined D:). Feel free to give me some advice to improve myself ^^

SoundCloud Link:
emilemil1

Re: Hey!

Post by emilemil1 » August 9th, 2014, 6:43 pm

In what way do your images get ruined in the videos? It's probably something we can help out with :)
Nightcore Disaster

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 9th, 2014, 6:48 pm

emilemil1 wrote:In what way do your images get ruined in the videos? It's probably something we can help out with :)
Download that and see ^^:
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 9th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Nightcore Disaster wrote:
emilemil1 wrote:In what way do your images get ruined in the videos? It's probably something we can help out with :)
Download that and see ^^:
It looks like it's just in low resolution. Bumping it up to 720p or 1080p should do the trick!
Nightcore Disaster

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 9th, 2014, 7:09 pm

it's 720p, but 1080 it's worst than 720
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 9th, 2014, 7:14 pm

But... the video you linked is in 480p, not 720p.
Nightcore Disaster

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 9th, 2014, 7:15 pm

emilemil1 wrote:But... the video you linked is in 480p, not 720p.
mh, i think it's better to change editing program... can be good windows movie maker? (im actually using Pinnacle VideoSpin)
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 9th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Windows Movie Maker works fine, and is super easy to work in. I used it for almost a year when I first started.

The two big downsides to it are:
1. Images get slightly blurry. (very slightly, you only notice it in 1080p)
2. Maximum audio quality is slightly lower than what what YouTube currently uses.

So it's not perfect, but it's definitely good enough. Most people won't notice the difference between a video made in Windows Movie Maker vs. one made in something like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.
Nightcore Disaster

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 9th, 2014, 7:49 pm

emilemil1 wrote:Windows Movie Maker works fine, and is super easy to work in. I used it for almost a year when I first started.

2. Maximum audio quality is slightly lower than what what YouTube currently uses.

So it's not perfect, but it's definitely good enough. Most people won't notice the difference between a video made in Windows Movie Maker vs. one made in something like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.
Thanks ^^ can you link me a good tutorial for WMM?
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 9th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Hmm, I don't really keep track of good WMM tutorials ^^

I could write a quick one (with screenshots) if you think that's good enough, though It'd take a bit of time. (and I'm eating right now)
epicolizard

Post by epicolizard » August 9th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Nightcore Disaster wrote:
emilemil1 wrote:Windows Movie Maker works fine, and is super easy to work in. I used it for almost a year when I first started.

Thanks ^^ can you link me a good tutorial for WMM?
You could Google it.
The one and only Epicolizard!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8TLSqqegu8
Nightcore Disaster

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 10th, 2014, 3:05 pm

emilemil1 wrote:Hmm, I don't really keep track of good WMM tutorials ^^

I could write a quick one (with screenshots) if you think that's good enough, though It'd take a bit of time. (and I'm eating right now)
yes please ^^
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 10th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Nightcore Disaster wrote:yes please ^^
Okay. I'll get started on it now, so it should be done in an hour or two.
Nightcore Disaster

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 10th, 2014, 5:35 pm

emilemil1 wrote:
Nightcore Disaster wrote:yes please ^^
Okay. I'll get started on it now, so it should be done in an hour or two.
emilemil1

Re: Hey! - Movie Maker Tutorial

Post by emilemil1 » August 10th, 2014, 5:53 pm

There! Hopefully this will be detailed enough ^^

---

The first thing you need to do is to import the image you want. This can be done by either drag-dropping the image from a folder, or by clicking the huge section in the bottom right.

You can NOT import the audio first in Movie Maker, it has to be the image first.
Next you do the same with the audio. Drag-drop the song from a folder onto the huge section, or click this button:
If you drag-dropped the audio exactly onto or above/below the already imported image, the two might not be perfectly aligned. In the screenshots below I've corrected this issue by pulling the audio more to the left.
The next step is to go to the "Project" menu and selecting "Fit to music". This will extend the duration of the image to fit the length of your audio track.
Finally, make sure that "Widescreen (16:9)" is selected. You'll find this option right next to the "Fit to music" button, as shown in the screenshot above. This will fit your video to the correct aspect ratio of the YouTube player.

---

Now we're ready to render! But first, let's create some custom rendering settings to make sure that the videos will look and sound as good as possible.

Go back to the "Home" menu and click on "Save movie" to the far right. At the bottom of the drop-down menu that opens up, choose "Create custom setting...".

If clicking on "Save movie" opens up a save window, you've accidentally clicked on the icon above. Make sure that you click on the text with the little downward arrow next to it.
Choose whatever name you want for your custom setting, then input these values:

Width: 1920 pixels
Height: 1080 pixels
Bit rate: 24000 kbps
Frame rate: 30 fps

Audio format: 192 kbps, 44,1 kHz, stereo

Be sure to select the "Audio format" with 44.1 kHz, not 48 kHz.
If you never intend to use effects of any kind, just a still image, you can get away with lower settings, such as:

Bit rate: 10000 kbps
Frame rate: 5 fps.

...or even lower. Just be careful about reducing the bit rate too much, since the more complex and detailed your image is, the higher this value will need to be. I prefer to keep it pretty high, just in case.

When you're done, click "Save" and then "Save" again when the window pops up. Now your custom setting will be available for the future, so you'll never have to go through this step ever again.

---

Lastly, click on the "Save movie" button and select your custom setting from the drop-down menu. Choose where you want to put your video, give it a name, and click "Save" one last time to start rendering.
Wait for it to finish, and you're done!
Nightcore Disaster

Post by Nightcore Disaster » August 11th, 2014, 6:09 am

thank you :)