Hello!

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Daniel Byrne

Hello!

Post by Daniel Byrne » May 17th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Hi, I'm Daniel Byrne from England.

I found this forum through the following sequence of songs on youtube: Mike Oldfield - Tubular bells, Mike Oldfield - Moonlight Shadow, Empyre One - Moonlight Shadow, Empyre One - Megamix, "Over 1 hour Nightcore and Trance", Nightcore - Right Here Waiting (uploaded by Maikel6311) and followed the link in the description to here.

I'm a massive 80's fan, and these up-beat, high-pitched versions of the songs I love send shivers up my spine! This is definitely a genre a music I want to get into. The song that really inspired me to make an account here was Nightcore - Just Died In Your Arms, also uploaded by Maikel6311.

I have always thought that speeding up and increasing the pitch of any song makes it sound better, but I still don't know how fast or how high-pitched I like my songs. You guys must help me out here!
Durzo

Re: Hello!

Post by Durzo » May 18th, 2012, 12:57 am

Welcome,
It's a nice place here, can't help you with the music advice im just a listner but there is plenty of knowledge here that I've seen. The message board is a good way to stay up on events going on in the forum or nice to talk to someone far away kinda cool! any way hello
you gotta jump jump...
Kitashi

Post by Kitashi » May 18th, 2012, 9:38 am

Welcome to NU! Unfortunately you probably won't see much of me since I am very immersed in my studies, thus only finding time to drop in every few months or so. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me, this forum is indeed a cozy place to be in. xD And you are completely right about Maikel's songs, and I have to say that's how I found these forums, too.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » May 18th, 2012, 9:40 am

Eyo!
Welcome to the forums! :d
Raver

Post by Raver » May 18th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Daniel Byrne wrote:I have always thought that speeding up and increasing the pitch of any song makes it sound better, but I still don't know how fast or how high-pitched I like my songs. You guys must help me out here!
Well, it's not true that speeding up any song will make it sound better, for more info, check out these threads:

http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=930

http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=142

And welcome. ;)
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Daniel Byrne

Post by Daniel Byrne » May 18th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Hello to all that replied :)
Of course it's not true that ANY song sped up sounds better, it was just exaggeration lol and I understand that increasing speed increases the tempo and pitch, I was just using the term loosely. Anyway, I'll have to check out the forums thoroughly after my exams. I've also noticed that listening to faster songs at night is ruining my sleep, unsurprising really lol I'll become active starting around June, so I'll see you all then :)