Thoughts on Dubstep?

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
NewbieNoob

Thoughts on Dubstep?

Post by NewbieNoob » May 12th, 2013, 4:38 am

So I was just wondering, whats your thoughts on "Dubstep".
Personally, I don't like it at all. I believe it's just warbles/bass with random noise/screeching. Yet somehow, millions like it.
Maybe it's because it's just not rave, if anyone gets what I mean.
Or I could be just hearing too much main-stream styles, but still, how is it that people are able to listen to it.
All in all, I blame this "era". I mean, kids not even in intermediate school playing fps games-mainly Call Of Duty. Then the kids in intermediate school doing drugs, or just plain stupid challenges like the choking game?
In high-school, I mean, I'm not really complaining about this one but some girls just don't show any decency for themselves and practically pose themselves as sluts.
Again, maybe it's just the society around me. I wonder a lot, is it a good thing society has changed this much?
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Re: Thoughts on Dubstep?

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » May 12th, 2013, 6:47 am

So, you don't like Dubstep. And, because other people like it, you're calling young girls Sluts and insulting people who play First Person Shooters. My friend is a girl, she likes Call of Duty and Skrillex. That certainly does not make her a slut. What you just said makes no sense whatsoever. Just let people enjoy music, no matter what the genre.
NewbieNoob

Post by NewbieNoob » May 12th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Firstly yes, I don't like it. Secondly I did not say young girls, and was not insulting people whom play FPS games.
I was referring to each separate age district by using school levels.
I'm not asking anyone to not listen to it, I'm asking an opinion on why.
By the way, I also play FPS games, so the way you interpreted my post would've meant I had insulted myself.
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » May 12th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood your post as I was tired, but I feel as if my friends have been insulted by you saying that High School girls are indecent.
Copy_Cat_Master

Post by Copy_Cat_Master » May 12th, 2013, 2:22 pm

I'm not trying to be mean but you might like dubstep if you like bass. It's that simple. Most of the new generation (Like me) like it and of course the old generation might hate dubstep because it's not their kind of genre. Plus, if you play old songs to the new generation obviously most of them won't like it. Get my point?.

Anyway, there will be more weird and crazy genre born in the future so, my advice is try to get along with the flow of time. Sorry if you cannot understand it because my English is bad. >_<
(Click the picture)
Official Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CopyCatMaster01
Copy Cat Master's Twitter: https://twitter.com/CopyCatMaster
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » May 12th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Copy_Cat_Master wrote:I'm not trying to be mean but you might like dubstep if you like bass. It's that simple. Most of the new generation (Like me) like it and of course the old generation might hate dubstep because it's not their kind of genre. Plus, if you play old songs to the new generation obviously most of them won't like it. Get my point?.

Anyway, there will be more weird and crazy genre born in the future so, my advice is try to get along with the flow of time. Sorry if you cannot understand it because my English is bad. >_<
English isn't your main language? O_o
You have better English than some of my friends who don't know any other language, so I wouldn't worry about your English :3

Anyway, that was very well said, I couldn't agree with you more.
Copy_Cat_Master

Post by Copy_Cat_Master » May 12th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Nope, English is not my first language and thank you. xD
(Click the picture)
Official Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CopyCatMaster01
Copy Cat Master's Twitter: https://twitter.com/CopyCatMaster
NewbieNoob

Post by NewbieNoob » May 12th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Copy_Cat_Master wrote:Nope, English is not my first language and thank you. xD
Yeah, I agree with EvilLizard that for someone whose main language isn't English, you know it very well, and thanks for the feedback.
I'm also sorry EvilLizard that you felt insulted, I didn't mean it that way.
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » May 12th, 2013, 3:41 pm

NewbieNoob wrote:
Copy_Cat_Master wrote:Nope, English is not my first language and thank you. xD
Yeah, I agree with EvilLizard that for someone whose main language isn't English, you know it very well, and thanks for the feedback.
I'm also sorry EvilLizard that you felt insulted, I didn't mean it that way.
It's okay. I don't even like Dubstep either. *Hugs?*
MagicScream

Post by MagicScream » June 2nd, 2013, 8:49 pm

I listen to it sometimes. Some songs are pretty good.
Monster

Post by Monster » June 6th, 2013, 6:41 pm

I like dubstep. Not as much as nightcore/trance/handsup and J-Core, but I do like it. The thing with dubstep is that I kinda gotta be in a mood for it ya now? Its not like listening to most music, you don't listen to dubstep because it "sounds good" (why I like nightcore/trance/handsup) like most music, you listen to it for a different reason, I can't exactly explain what it is, but I'm sure others who like dubstep get what I'm saying.

About the whole "Society is changing thing" I get what your saying too, but its kinda unrelated. I agree with what you're saying, I like some FPS, but it gets to me when I see little kids playing them. And about girls, not all HS girls are sluts, but I see a lot of them showing themselves off and dressing like they are. Not all of 'em are this way, but a lot of them are (At least where I'm from anyway)
License! Thanks Namahage!
Zurd

Post by Zurd » June 7th, 2013, 11:45 am

Yeah and in my times we used to walk 5 km to go the school, both uphill and in 6 feet of snow !! Now get off my lawn !

p.s. I'm not a big fan of dubstep, sometimes it makes me think of old songs in the 80's but some of them are very good.
TheNekoUmi

Post by TheNekoUmi » June 7th, 2013, 11:57 am

Um, *cough
Dubstep is just like any other underground electronic genre, just because it started getting popular amongst the pop community it does not mean that Dubstep in general is a bad genre, Just the same with house music.
Skrillex is not a bad artist, he just happened to get promoted allot and people overused his more famous songs, have you heard his newer tunes on soundcloud? they're much more appriciated.

But I really do hate pop songs putting in random dubstep beatdrops, it's a horrible transition :u
ÜHappy RAINBOW Is HappyÜ
TechnoFurriesUnite
≧^◡^≦