How did you know about Nightcore?

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
TntHhd

How did you know about Nightcore?

Post by TntHhd » November 26th, 2011, 6:42 pm

I knew thanks to Nightcorikal XD... The normally is that you knew it thaks to Maikel631, he made this and he's the most sub and visited XD... but what about you Maikel?
This is my Youtube Channel ;)
Raver

Re: How did you know about Nightcore?

Post by Raver » November 26th, 2011, 7:19 pm

I knew thanks to my brother.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » November 27th, 2011, 1:38 pm

My bro played the music in his room and I was like hey what is that music?
I got some titles and downloaded all the available Nightcore songs from Limewire.

That's how it started. It was like, what, December 2007.
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » November 27th, 2011, 5:09 pm

My brother went through a phase where he loved rollercoaster tycoon and similar games. He was showing me a video of a rollercoaster someone had made on youtube which had a Groove Coverage track in the background. I did a bit of searching around through related videos for some more tracks and eventually stumbled across Nightcore.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » November 27th, 2011, 9:36 pm

"my brother .."
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Basically, around December 2009 I was sitting at my desk, reminiscing about my ex-boyfriend who I had broke up with recently. He had told me that his favorite song was "Dum Dadi Doo" by Nightcore. I went to YouTube and went through rows of related videos, and came across this song. I fell in love with the song because the lyrics closely resemble what he meant to me.

Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » November 28th, 2011, 4:57 am

I was at school Youtubeing some DJ Satomi to listen to during work. Suddenly on related videos I saw Nightcore - Dam Dadi Doo. I clicked and I was Like OMG this is awesome! I continued with the next song that was Nightcore - History and then I felt that this was good listening too. Today I'm still making Nightcore but I'm trying to make it secret in real life. When I played Nightcore in public I used to get beat up cause they didn't like the up-pitched voice. That went on for more thaan one year...
Raver

Post by Raver » November 28th, 2011, 8:04 am

Nightcore a.k.a BrothersCore
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Demons x

Post by Demons x » November 30th, 2011, 10:02 pm

I found out through a youtube recommendation. Going Under was the song. Ever since then I have been trying to work my way into the nightcore seen
Sometimes dancing with the devil is the best dance of your life
Qoolioz

Post by Qoolioz » December 1st, 2011, 3:00 am

Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » December 1st, 2011, 3:44 am

Demons x wrote:I found out through a youtube recommendation. Going Under was the song. Ever since then I have been trying to work my way into the nightcore seen
If it was Evanescence it could have been my video. I'm Johannes691.
Ppprre

Post by Ppprre » December 22nd, 2011, 10:32 pm

I spent around 6 hours a few months ago looking for good music through the night and eventually found nightcore and fell in love with it. Now I regularly listen to maikel631 and others at times from 1am-7am every weekend and when I have holidays and when I sleep.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » September 25th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Great resurrection of an old thread. Even found out how Maikel found Nightcore yay!
2013/11~12, I found nightcore in fd's home, I then googled lyrics of God is a girl and angel of darkness. Got here because Maikel's what is nightcore link.
Last edited by HKO2006 on September 25th, 2014, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » September 25th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Got Ass Up linked to me, searched for some other Nightcore, then googled the term and found the what is nightcore thread.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 25th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Im not quite sure how I got into nightcore and which was my first nightcore video Ive ever clicked on. I can only remember it all started after I stopped listening to hands up music and was searching for new music genres. Someday I noticed nightcore mixes being on my recommended list on youtube and clicked on it. Since then many things changed. I guess it was almost 2 years ago. I suspect that a good friend got me into nightcore he once showed me Nightcore - Anime Libera and Nightcore - Sound of My Dreams. He didnt tell me its nightcore or something thats the funny part xD not long time ago he told me he listens to nightcore since 4 or 5 years always kept it as a secret lol. I think because he sent me the yt link of sound of my dreams youtube gave me nightcore into my recommended list.

But I cant guarantee it was like that I only talk what I know from my memories that remained. Very sad actually.
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » September 25th, 2014, 1:15 pm

It was around June/July last year when I first discovered nightcore. At the time, I didn't like anime nor that style of music so what persuaded me to click on a video covered in anime I don't know. I can't remember what my first song was, but I recall listening to Maikel's 200 song playlist on repeat for about 6 hours straight so it was probably one of his. Other than that, I can't remember much (my memory is awful).

Since then, I've became obsessed with both anime girls and nightcore. My friends give me shit for it all the time but I don't care, I like what I like lol.
Yuuji

Post by Yuuji » September 25th, 2014, 1:18 pm

When I was pretty young i found the original nightcore group. When they said that they were done i was in tears. Then they were all like "Hey Maikel631 will be taking over" so i checked him out, and he was really good! But he still cannot compare to the original in my opinion.
NightcoreSlax

Post by NightcoreSlax » September 25th, 2014, 1:20 pm

It was in 2008, at a friend home with other friends of mine, we were playing some playstation together and we were listening to music in turn, since we had different musical tastes.
Back then I were discovering the hands up genre, mainly Manian; so, when I played Feel Fine by Tune Up, one of my friends went like: "what the heck is this stuff, omg it's so slowed down!"
It turned out that he listened to the nightcore version of that song first.

On that day, not only I officially learned about the existence of nightcore, but I also got its meaning.

EDIT: so the first channel I started listening was the great oShyGuyzo
Last edited by NightcoreSlax on September 25th, 2014, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 25th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Vitacx97 wrote:It was around June/July last year when I first discovered nightcore. At the time, I didn't like anime nor that style of music so what persuaded me to click on a video covered in anime I don't know. I can't remember what my first song was, but I recall listening to Maikel's 200 song playlist on repeat for about 6 hours straight so it was probably one of his. Other than that, I can't remember much (my memory is awful).

Since then, I've became obsessed with both anime girls and nightcore. My friends give me shit for it all the time but I don't care, I like what I like lol.
nightcore got me into anime aswell xD but I always liked anime characters even if I didnt watch it before discovering nightcore.
Nightcure

Post by Nightcure » September 27th, 2014, 4:20 am

(Circa. 2012)I don't remember exactly how I found nightcore, but I do know that I hated it at first (don't remember the reason, sadly). Then I found Nightcore - Monster (sped up version of DotExe version). I liked it a lot, but I also liked the original version, so I stopped listening to nightcores for a while. Of course, when YouTube sees you've watched certain videos, they will recommend them constantly, and I ended up discovering Maikel and ThaLineBass.

Note: I was not aware of what was really nightcore and what was just sped up songs since mostly everyone answered with "Oh it's just speeding up a song".
I feel the need to leave my world, to discover some other place.
bafondzi

Post by bafondzi » September 27th, 2014, 5:31 am

"Oh is just speed ig up "... no !!
If u want hear my remix of Nightcore - Monster ...
And see. The vocal is slow but rhythm fast .. second song . Nightcore -Straight to the light (remix) . This song is a very popular but no everyone can do it perfect ... and jusg sayed to this people who talk this " ...is only speed up "
bafondzi

Post by bafondzi » September 27th, 2014, 5:33 am

"U ARE IN BIG MISTAKE"
Cya Baf. :)
Copy_Cat_Master

Post by Copy_Cat_Master » October 3rd, 2014, 3:35 am

I cannot remember how exactly I found out about Nightcore but I was looking for song to listen. I accidently bump to Nightcore and get addicted to it then I found Maikel and it lead me to NU. xD

From there I learn about Nightcore and upload my own Nightcore song for fun.
(Click the picture)
Official Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CopyCatMaster01
Copy Cat Master's Twitter: https://twitter.com/CopyCatMaster
NeroAction

Post by NeroAction » August 2nd, 2017, 8:57 pm

I'm fairly sure I found out about it through Flipnote Hatena. I remember searching the lyrics I heard in the flipnote into the Youtube app on the Wii (if only I could remember what song it was haha) I also got my dad to download Sensacion and Caliente onto my phone from Limewire which is such a vibe.

From then on, I'd be listening to those 2 albums all the time, along with Maikel and oShyGuyzo's stuff.
MSD_001

Post by MSD_001 » August 24th, 2017, 4:05 pm

I was messing around on Youtube on my tablet when i was around 6 and accidentally clicked on a Nightcore song (Monster - Nami D).