No more songpacks!

Find the latest and greatest going-ons here!
Balverine

Re: No more songpacks!

Post by Balverine » May 10th, 2011, 3:18 pm

RobLucci wrote:excuse me. what is songpacks? are they some nightcored songs?
Song packs are a big file containing a bunch of songs. (Say like the pack had like 100 songs or something). The songpack that used to be here were the ones Maikel had/were uploading to YouTube, so i'm sure there were nightcored songs in there.
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » May 10th, 2011, 3:57 pm

It were all the songs I uploaded to youtube.. It was Nightcore and Trance. The packs were named after the genre, like.. "Trance song pack X" or "Nightcore song pack X"
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
runedj

Post by runedj » June 28th, 2011, 1:07 am

aww im kinda sad now, went to look at the songpack link and noticed it was gone, now i see this =(
all well. how is everybody?
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » June 28th, 2011, 11:49 pm

We're all as dead as a doornail. And you?
runedj

Post by runedj » August 25th, 2011, 9:33 pm

bored and busy with work =(
Axmann8

Post by Axmann8 » March 29th, 2012, 6:26 pm

I'm new here, so I'm not familiar with what happened in the past but...

Is there a principled reason that you do no wish people to be able to download and freely listen your music offline?

I mean, since they're on Youtube, a person could just batch download and convert them.

If you make Nightcore music to share your love of the genre with other fans, and if you do not do it for profit, what is the reason to not host the packs?

It is a sad loss for newer Nightcore fans who were not able to enjoy these wonderful songs without getting on Youtube and using bandwidth.

I respect your decision, but as a new fan of nightcore, I would implore you to reconsider for the love of the genre.
appler
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by appler » March 29th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Axmann8 wrote:I'm new here, so I'm not familiar with what happened in the past but...

Is there a principled reason that you do no wish people to be able to download and freely listen your music offline?

I mean, since they're on Youtube, a person could just batch download and convert them.

If you make Nightcore music to share your love of the genre with other fans, and if you do not do it for profit, what is the reason to not host the packs?

It is a sad loss for newer Nightcore fans who were not able to enjoy these wonderful songs without getting on Youtube and using bandwidth.

I respect your decision, but as a new fan of nightcore, I would implore you to reconsider for the love of the genre.
The main reason i believe is that people were sharing the download links and if alot of people downloaded it it may find its way into the hands of the music industry then maikel can get sued for up 50k a song

Also any which way if you download a song pack or watch a youtube video you use bandwidth and most people even on a limited bandwidth have 100gb of downloads and being the resident PC geek here i have yet to his that in a month (this may be different if you have a 10gb limit) and that's with gaming, downloads, uploads, file sharing between my server computer and a computer at school.

(If you have small download limit just ask me to download the song and i can compress it so its a smaller file)
Please read the Rules! and Regulations!
Axmann8

Post by Axmann8 » March 29th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Oh, no. Don't misunderstand me. My ISP doesn't limit my data usage per month or anything like that. What I'm referring to is having a youtube video streaming in the background wile trying to play other online games.

In addition, as far as copyright goes, isn't Youtube just as bad as anything hosted on a file-sharing service?

Of note is that the original Nightcore group borrowed heavily from Dragostea Din Tei in their song "When You leave", without any repercussions (at least that I know of).

Basically, my point is, if the music is downloadable through Youtube, why not just release it in a pack? It would be the same end product, just easier to obtain/use.
appler
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by appler » March 29th, 2012, 10:12 pm

You will have to talk to maikel himself on this matter, he is busy this week because of school but he may come on sometime.
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » March 30th, 2012, 3:07 am

First of all I never said that I had anything against people downloading my music and listening to it offline. I'm simply not making that option available through me because

a) In the past my download links have made it easier for people to just slap them into files and reupload them allowing them to copy every single one of my uploads. Yes I'm aware that none of the songs are mine and there is no legal obligation for them to refrain from doing this but it is very unoriginal to just rip everything off from my channel and it DOES take a lot of my effort and time to put all of it together.

b) To get around a the songpacks were originally offered as an incentive after reaching 50 posts on the forum, however people would register to the forum only to leave once they get them or spam and get banned for it. Some of them would even ban evade afterwards. And then there was the whole issue with people sharing links.

c) It is argued by many that you should be buying the music and supporting the artists and offering download links would portray me in a negative light to any artists out there as well as the people who want to promote them.
I don't know what's stopping you from doing that yourself. You can use this program, it's simple to use and you can download whole channels very easily with it.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dv ... verter.htm

And please don't make it seem like I am in any way REQUIRED to do this for you, or anyone.
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
appler
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by appler » March 30th, 2012, 2:18 pm

I do suggest using freemake video downloader as it will use your networks max and not limit the ammout of downloads you can have going at once.

It also has allot more features than the one maikel suggested.