Songs/artists/record labels NOT to upload (COPYRIGHT LIST)

Find the latest and greatest going-ons here!
Grizz

Re: Songs/artists/record labels NOT to upload (COPYRIGHT LIS

Post by Grizz » October 4th, 2011, 8:28 pm

So I just got my third copyright strike -.- from AATW . Unfortunatelly I cant find out what song/s they exactly deleted but looking at their artist list it looks really bad:
http://www.aatw.com/artist.php

Kitashi

Post by Kitashi » October 5th, 2011, 12:58 am

Hoo boy, I do have a load of things to contribute here. My parents are close friends with people who work in the recording industry, so yeah.

Let me tell you guys, the recording industry is very complicated. More often than not, it's pretty gosh darned cruel and unfair. I learned that many, many labels have signed artists that aren't documented on the Internet at all, so much that the usefulness of this thread is somewhat questionable. There are so many labels that don't have/never update their websites; when you think about it, not many people have much reason to go to the websites of artists or their labels, so they wouldn't see a reason to. Sites such as Discogs are built solely on user-contribution frameworks and can be quite unreliable.

Over the years record labels have been increasingly taking measures to crack down on Internet piracy. Nowadays, labels do often work collaboratively to take down mass infringing material in the most cost-efficient ways possible, which means filing copyright claims simultaneously. Yes, they do target specific YouTube users, and yes, they do contact other labels if they notice that their copyright is being infringed.
There are some labels that do decide to get up close and personal, but the majority do not. They won't even bother to look at any buy links or disclaimers you may have put in your description.

Also, labels aren't usually uniform bodies, especially larger ones. If one person from a label says that uploading a song is okay, another person they work with may not, and take action to remove the video. They don't keep a track of those things. In addition, labels have rights to take down remixes or alternate versions of their songs, including those which are freely available. In these cases, those versions were unauthorized.

Like Kirby said earlier, you should never try to counter any copyright claims. It is absolutely required by YouTube and law that you own all rights to the content that was taken down when filing a counterlclaim. If you do not, that will be used in court against you. YouTube has taken several measures to decrease the likelihood of false copyright claims, and even if fake claims still get through, trolls could very easily forward you organizations to like the RIAA.
Fair use is a defense, not a right. It is only useful if you actually go to court and it is ruled to be in your favor, and useless if you just post it into a silly video description or counterclaim.

This advice will probably be hard to swallow coming from a newbie like me. I could understand if it only happens once a year or something, but if your channels are constantly getting removed by copyright strikes, you should really be finding something else better to do with your time. Although uploading songs on YouTube may make you happy, it provides no benefit to you at all in the real world. Considering how all the hard work and dedication put into your channels can be taken down forever in less than a day, I really don't see how it is worth it. But that's just me.

Gls

Post by Gls » October 5th, 2011, 1:46 am

Absolutely agree with you, Kitashi. I've some of my videos which matched the content ID. Just hope I won't get my first copyright strike.

And also. Speaking of court, it somehow reminds me of Phoenix Wright. xD

Alright, back to topic.

Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » October 12th, 2011, 11:40 am

My first copyright strike:

Artist: Martin Solveig
Title: Big In Japan
Genre: House
My video: House - Big In Japan

Removed due to a copyright claim by: UMG

jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » October 12th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Just like Grizz said. AATW have decided to be fuckin' assholes and gave me a sanction on "Paradise & Dreams" (Ultrabeat)

Kitashi

Post by Kitashi » October 19th, 2011, 5:29 am

Apparently record labels that find the YouTube channels of people who upload copyrighted music now notify other record labels that own content on that channel, causing some channels to be taken down VERY quickly.
That seems to be what has just happened to jordesuu. :-/

Post by Guest » October 22nd, 2011, 6:45 am

AATW just took down 10 of my videos in one go plz excuse my language but #@$% them
better hurry and take down your AATW videos before they find your channel

Post by Guest » October 22nd, 2011, 6:47 am

+ they tell other labels about ur channel too this is so stupid man

jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » October 24th, 2011, 2:26 pm

OH MY DAYS KITASHI I DIDN'T KNOW YOU FROM MANCHESTER THAT'S LIKE A FEW MILES FROM ME!
(つ^.^)つ

But yeah I was wiped out by Ipnotika, AATW and someone else but I can't remember.

Calan

Post by Calan » November 7th, 2011, 5:16 am

I'm not Flareseeker, just a fan.

^ D:

Stupid no-name third parties! ):

Oil in Gulf

Post by Oil in Gulf » November 13th, 2011, 5:40 am

I've heard that copyright strikes may expire after a few months, and I've heard stories of Youtube users having copyright strikes removed from their account.

But it probably won't happen to everyone. If you are lucky to have a copyright strike removed, great. But don't assume that a strike will automatically go away after a certain period of time.

Still be careful of what you nightcore and upload, and have a backup account just in case.

Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » November 14th, 2011, 12:48 am

I've never heard of copyright strikes getting removed, ever. You're probably referring to Community Guidelines strikes

Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » November 15th, 2011, 6:43 pm

My second penalty:
"House - Walking On The Moon (Henrik B Remix)"
Original: Kris Menace - Walking On The Moon (Henrik B Remix)
Removed due to a copyright claim by "Wizard Records"

Oil in Gulf

Post by Oil in Gulf » November 20th, 2011, 12:47 am

Kirby wrote:I've never heard of copyright strikes getting removed, ever. You're probably referring to Community Guidelines strikes
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/y ... 29bb&hl=en

Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » November 20th, 2011, 2:11 am

Somewhere in there I read "6 months". They're probably mistaking them as Community Guidelines strikes. Dozens of people have gotten suspended lately over the same old conditions that have always been set in stone. If this really is the case, then it certainly doesn't apply to anyone in the Nightcore/Trance or even the electronic community.