NU.net has a new xat group!

Find the latest and greatest going-ons here!
Kirby
The Scapegoat

NU.net has a new xat group!

Post by Kirby » June 21st, 2010, 11:49 pm

After getting fed up with Chatango's limitations I decided to give another free chatbox a whirl and came up with xat.
xat (website: http://xat.com/) is a Flash chatbox that is bulkier, yet offers boundless more features over Chatango which include (but are not limited to):
  • More control and customization -- four different user levels (guests, members, moderators and owners) much like the forum
  • YouTube player where members can add and share videos amongst each other with no hassles. Broadcasting allows several people to watch a video together in real-time; perfect for movies/episodes/etc.
  • Doodle applet for members to draw in collaboration and export their masterpieces as file or to Photobucket (either with all members in the chat or in private with someone!)
  • Translator widget offers instant translations as chat messages. It supports 40 languages, but you know how online translators are .. still quite funny, though!
  • Multiplayer minigames that include chess, smiley shooter, pool, and connect four.
  • Mini stick figure animation studio!
  • Myriads of animated smilies to use in chat as well as sound clips (don't worry, you can turn off sound)
  • Ability to private chat with certain users organized in separate tabs.
  • Friend lists, ignore system, ability to register xat IDs to prevent identity theft and loss of settings.
  • Kicking/banning either permanently or for an inputted amount of time. Spammer protection and stricter ban modes. Option to make an 'approved members only' chat
  • Changeable chat backgrounds (admin only) and scroller announcements much like the Chatango headers.
  • Tabbed browsing at the bottom of the group page with quick access to the NU.net forums and YouTube (I can add more sites if requested) without having to leave the xat! All is kept in one browser tab.
[/size]All of this and more is easily locatable on the xat group page.

If you wish to try this out yourself (I strongly recommend you do) the group page is here:
http://xat.com/NightcoreUniverse

I ask that only registered users on the forums enter, but you can bring friends if you know of any. Regular shoutbox rules apply to the xat as well.

It's pretty easy to figure out and you'll know everything in a day or two if you don't already. If this is liked I will remove the Chatango box and embed this one instead (embedding xats only includes the core chat box and not all of the extra bells and whistles, but those can be accessed through the group page at any time.)

If you are having trouble finding your way around you can consult the User Guide on xat's wiki.
http://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php/UserGuide

Warning: If you are banned on the forums you will not be allowed to remain in the xat. If you are not caught initially, you will be eventually. Enter at your own peril.
Dubstep Girl
Dubstep Girl :)

Re: NU.net has a new xat group!

Post by Dubstep Girl » June 22nd, 2010, 10:57 pm

ill try it out later but it seems like a good idea :D
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » June 23rd, 2010, 12:06 am

Earlier today we had about 7 members in the xat all at once -- we all had a blast with the collaborative YouTube player, doodle applet, and smiley shooting!
I encourage everyone to give it a chance. If you don't like it at first, you'll probably love it later once you see how much capable of being done with others.
The xat chatbox is a lot more 'live' than the Chatango ever was, so please check it out!
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » June 23rd, 2010, 12:24 am

It might seem more complicated to use than Chantango (current chatbox). Tbh, it is, but not as much as you guys believe. In fact, PK showed me how to use Xat + using mod control in about 5-10 minutes...

If you need help, just ASK IT and you'll be able to use Xat in no time.

Keep in mind Xat is way more fun due to multi-player games and real time Youtube broadcasting. Also, everyone here will enjoy the Doodle app, which lets you draw alongside your friends in real time.
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » June 23rd, 2010, 12:46 am

I don't know if it was just my connection, but the games seemed a tiny bit laggy.
Otherwise, yes... I couldn't agree more RC.

At first I was thinking "ugh, I like chatango though ;___;"
when actually, xat is 100 times better ^.^
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » June 24th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Just one remark about the Doodle app:

The application only shows you what was drawn during the time you had the application open; it does not show you what was drawn before.
If you leave the page/close the application you will lose any drawings that were on your screen.

Because of this some may accidentally ruin/wipe other drawings. Please be courteous.
If anyone else is currently using the Doodle application when you enter, ask if you may draw/wipe before doing so.

The same etiquette applies to the YouTube player. Only moderators and owners can broadcast a video; don't broadcast if people are in the middle of watching another video.

Anyways, Johannes is unable to access the xat group due to connection problems. I don't want to make anyone feel left out, so what do you guys propose we do about this?
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » October 16th, 2010, 3:53 pm

don't worry. i can log in now
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » July 2nd, 2012, 12:29 pm

Cool,i used to be on xat chatrooms most of the time,i even made one for my past-websites,does it still work? :o
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » July 2nd, 2012, 3:10 pm

Yeah, we used to hang out in the forum's xat a lot but stopped using it because some people didn't like it for whatever reason.
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » July 2nd, 2012, 4:16 pm

I cannot imagine why since this flash chat is purely well made.
Probably due to it's random name generator when you access the chat for the first time,eh lol.
Would love it if it was to be used again,it seems much more interesting than the forum's and can drag you in to stay on this website for a much more longer time.
I'm just bringing in my opinion. :p
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » July 2nd, 2012, 4:24 pm

The forum's chatbox was supposed to be the xar chatroom but then a few people said no.. I can't remember why they did, but they've left now so we can try it again if you'd like. It is definitely a lot more interactive and stuff..
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » July 2nd, 2012, 4:29 pm

Sure,that would be nice,but i also suggest that everyone else should also say their opinion before doing it.
I also vote to make it in the way that everyone(including guests) might see it,i think it would be better since they would see more life on this forum rather than browsing in the forum and looking over for dates to see if anyone else is still posting here.
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » July 2nd, 2012, 4:58 pm

I don't mind it either. I couldn't log in to the Xat group as you remember, but I think I can now.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » July 2nd, 2012, 6:05 pm

I wouldn't think of replacing the chatbox we have now with the xat at this instant. We'll try it out as an alternative hangout first and see how it goes. I also wouldn't make the xat visible to guests because there are some people that would not be allowed in the xat, and it's easier for them to cause trouble that way (banned members, Nightcore haters, policy haters, etc.) although it would be nice to encourage more people to join the forums. I will have to wait and see.
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by thecad » July 3rd, 2012, 1:22 pm

yeah it sounds like a nice idea an new bigger better Chat :P

But i do have one question is it possible to enter xat with mirc? that would be even more awesome xD.
Family! <3

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » July 3rd, 2012, 2:26 pm

thecad wrote:yeah it sounds like a nice idea an new bigger better Chat :P

But i do have one question is it possible to enter xat with mirc? that would be even more awesome xD.
As i know,sadly that isn't possible.
Untill now the chat is alright,i love it! :p
Epicblue

Post by Epicblue » November 28th, 2021, 10:58 pm

Recently we had around 7 individuals in the xat at the same time - we as a whole had an awesome time with the community YouTube player, doodle applet, and smiley shooting!

I urge everybody to allow it an opportunity. Assuming you don't care for it from the beginning, you'll most likely cherish it later once you perceive how much fit for being finished with others.

The xat chatbox is significantly more 'live' than the Chatango at any point was, so if it's not too much trouble, look at it!