Disclaimer?

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
A Nightcore Encore

Disclaimer?

Post by A Nightcore Encore » April 11th, 2014, 5:18 am

Do I need as disclaimer in my description? I have seen a general one floating in the the description of some videos, but it refers to US law, of which I am not a part of. HALP!
Check out my channel, too ;)
rsslayersr

Re: Disclaimer?

Post by rsslayersr » April 11th, 2014, 6:32 am

Since you're using a service from the US, it makes sense you should use an US disclaimer.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Zurd

Post by Zurd » April 11th, 2014, 2:00 pm

just a small precaution, I really have no idea if it can really protect us but it still makes sense to mention fair use
Raver

Post by Raver » April 11th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Zurd wrote:just a small precaution, I really have no idea if it can really protect us but it still makes sense to mention fair use
It's indeed just a small precaution, but it doesn't mean you won't get a video removed/get a strike.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » April 11th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Also a statement that you would take down the video within X hours if the copyright owner don't want it to be on YouTube. But they provide little help only, as YouTube rely on the auto third-party content detector, I actually have 7 videos matched third-party content, no strike yet. So as long as it says "Your video is available and playable." You are fine.

In the nightcore case, the detector usually can't detect it as the song is different (I believe), so that take down within X hours might help you get a take down notice instead of a strike when it is checked by human.

But I don't bother to paste any in my videos description though when there are 10+ same song on YouTube.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

Rock Machine

Post by Rock Machine » January 14th, 2015, 8:56 pm

I've heard stories of videos taken down for copyright even with the disclaimer. A lot of the experts on the Youtube help forum (for example, I've heard of this one guy who goes by Rewboss) say that a disclaimer means nothing to a copyright holder.