Nightcore on iTunes...Ugh...

For Nightcore discussion in general.
MagicScream

Nightcore on iTunes...Ugh...

Post by MagicScream » March 18th, 2014, 5:07 pm

So, I was recently browsing the iTunes store, and decided to type "nightcore" in the search box out of curiosity, and I actually got some results.

However, I wasn't too pleased with what I heard. Let's just say that a lot of the nightcores on iTunes wouldn't be allowed on this forum.

The part that irritated me the most is that the artist is listed as "Nightcore." The original Nightcore group would never choose songs like those.

They're definitely not worth my 99 cents. And yes, I am aware that there are sites where you can download music for free, but some of them can be seedy (contain viruses, trojans, etc.). Plus, if a song is purchasable, then I purchase it from a legitimate source since to me, it's the morally right thing to do.

Well, sorry if this rant feels unnecessary. I was kinda pissed when I first heard the songs since iTunes is one of my main sources for finding music to put on my iPod, and I just needed to get this out of my chest.
Monster

Re: Nightcore on iTunes...Ugh...

Post by Monster » March 18th, 2014, 10:55 pm

its ok. This is kind of old news tho. I saw that a while back and I was like "Ugh, what is this doing here? and who is profiting off of it..." -_-
License! Thanks Namahage!
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » March 19th, 2014, 1:52 am

Yeah, it can be annoying seeing fake nightcores being sold as actual nightcore. It's bad enough to simply call a speed edit nightcore.

This is an example of what happens when people call any sped up song nightcore. Now those who know what nightcore really is and want songs to put on their Ipods would have to sift through a whole mess of fake uploads to find the songs they want. They would get ripped off by buying those fake nightcores from Itunes. It's like if you paid the normal price for a can of Sprite soda (Sprite liquid is clear) only to find out that what you got was actually water being sold as soda. If we applied this example to nightcore, true nightcore would be the Sprite and fake nightcore would be the water sold as soda.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu » March 19th, 2014, 5:08 am

Just use sites that copy the youtube URL and download the video into a mp3. I use them, they require no download or anything and the download is done within 10 seconds.