Introducing Nanzan Nightcore

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Nanzan

Introducing Nanzan Nightcore

Post by Nanzan » December 16th, 2014, 10:53 am

Hey guys!

I just made this account and will for sure dig deep into the topics here as Nightcore has become a great part of my life.
So! Me!

Music lover.
Anime lover.
Gamer chick.
Passion for graphic design and photography. Art is my life.

I started to hang out in a community at plug.dj called Nightcore Fanclub (by NightcoceFC https://plug.dj/nightcore-fanclub) and honestly, I have been there every day since. People in the group and the music inspired me to try Nightcoring songs myself. I started to do some research, carefully pay attention to what people "woot", "grab" and "meh" and I jumped right to it. I grabbed Wavepad and Adobe After Effects and the language in AE could as well have been Chinese (trust me, I do not know Chinese lol). But as I went onto Youtube tutorials and asking other artists I now have a good hang of it. I am now a resident DJ in this community. Come say hi!

As of writing I have published 26 Nightcored songs with videos on my new Youtube account https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0V_mw ... 3xfQzIXWEQ. Please go take a look! I would be very grateful if you'd leave a comment here about what you like and why as this will really help me get better as an artist to be able to give people what they want to hear. As you will see I am still playing around with the settings in AE (it's SO much fun) and trying out different genres as well.

I'm 24, I work/study 200%, live in Sweden, moving to the UK soon and Nightcore everyday.

If there's anything please just ask.

With love,
Nanzan
Vitacx97

Re: Introducing Nanzan Nightcore

Post by Vitacx97 » December 16th, 2014, 11:12 am

Hi there, welcome to NU.

Unfortunately you may have been misled by NightcoreFC as to what nightcore actually is (or at-least what we believe it to be on this forum). Here on Nightcore Universe we only class techno, hands up, eurodance and hardcore genres (basically "rave" music) as actual nightcore as this is what the original nightcore group uploaded.

Have a listen to our Nightcore Radio Station to get a feel for what we class nightcore as.
http://www.di.fm/nightcore

Also see these threads:
http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... f=17&t=930
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/nightcore

Other than that, your picture and audio quality is good. If you have any questions or whatnot, please don't hesitate to ask. We're a nice bunch, just a little narrow minded when it comes to what nightcore should sound like! :)

Once again, welcome, and I hope we can help you upload some rave tracks :D
Nanzan

Post by Nanzan » December 16th, 2014, 11:27 am

Thanks for the reply!

I am very well aware of what to class nightcore as. The original group is high on my list, but I do love our community as it's a variation of genres "nightcored" such as ofc sped up and high pitched songs. I love that you can take (basically) any song you love and make YOUR version of it. That's what have created the "nightcore remix" stamp compared to the original group. We are very kind in the community to what we allow, but we try to keep it to Nightcore trance/rave/pop and Nightstep. I do have a couple of "pure" nightcore tracks uploaded and coming soon (!) that I for sure don't want to miss out on doing.
I won't stick to the original definition of "nightcore" as this would limit me quite a lot to what I personally love myself to listen to. There will be a lot of pop, rock and chillstep mixed up in there as well.

Either how, I hope you will like what I upload (despite how narrow minded you are ;)) !

I would love to get some more knowledge about rave and nightcore as rave hasn't been my cup of tea until recently.

With love,
Nanzan
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » December 16th, 2014, 11:33 am

Alrighty! That's no problem whatsoever, we're not trying to force people to only upload those genres, but to educate them as to what nightcore should be.

Just be sure that anything you post here on this forum is the pure stuff as it's actually against our rules to post the other genres. I personally like some of it, as do many, but rules are rules, heh.

This is only a suggestion, but how about putting the song genres in the title if it's not a pure nightcore song? So, for example "Nightcore Rock" or "Nightcore House", you know, that sort of stuff. I do it whenever I upload a song of a different genre as I only usually upload UK/Happy Hardcore tracks.

Definitely have a read of the pinned topics around here and take a look at this list of uploaders if you're interested in learning more about the stuff we support here.
http://nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4235

Also, drop by the chatbox and say hi. :)
Nanzan

Post by Nanzan » December 16th, 2014, 11:37 am

Vitacx97 wrote: This is only a suggestion, but how about putting the song genres in the title if it's not a pure nightcore song? So, for example "Nightcore Rock" or "Nightcore House", you know, that sort of stuff. I do it whenever I upload a song of a different genre as I only usually upload UK/Happy Hardcore tracks.
^ This is a good idea and it will sort out those songs that actually do have the pure nightcore (ideally). I will definitely think of that one.
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » December 16th, 2014, 11:57 am

Awesome stuff.

I'm glad you haven't passed us off as a bunch of morons or whatever and that you've got an understanding of pure nightcore. It's refreshing to see in the midst of posts we usually get.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » December 16th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Hehe. We're only doing what we can to preserve the original meaning of the word Nightcore, it really has nothing to do with whether we like other things sped-up or not ;) Using terms like "Nightstep" for other genres is encouraged to limit confusion.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » December 16th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Yes, limitation of confusion is really what we want on here. I don't like to click on something labled Nightcore and get another genre or sound that Vitacx suggested just now. But please, enjoy your stay; chat with us; follow the conversations.

We have no problem with your music taste, we only judge you on how you follow the forum rules :D
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Zurd

Post by Zurd » December 17th, 2014, 8:30 am

Vitacx97 wrote:This is only a suggestion, but how about putting the song genres in the title if it's not a pure nightcore song? So, for example "Nightcore Rock" or "Nightcore House", you know, that sort of stuff. I do it whenever I upload a song of a different genre as I only usually upload UK/Happy Hardcore tracks.
That is the best name variations someone ever found, it's simple and define the genre perfectly well!
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » December 17th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Zurd wrote:
Vitacx97 wrote:This is only a suggestion, but how about putting the song genres in the title if it's not a pure nightcore song? So, for example "Nightcore Rock" or "Nightcore House", you know, that sort of stuff. I do it whenever I upload a song of a different genre as I only usually upload UK/Happy Hardcore tracks.
That is the best name variations someone ever found, it's simple and define the genre perfectly well!
I agree too. I initially found that naming format far-fetched, but then again, genres like country rap and pop rock do exist.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » December 17th, 2014, 4:35 pm

I find the "core" in those sorts of names to be out of place, and it also implies that other sped up genres would be derived from Nightcore, which isn't true. Names like Nightstep (Nightcore Dubstep) and Nightstyle (Nightcore Hardstyle) are imo much better.

Though sometimes such combinations just don't work. Nightrock and Nighthouse both sound a bit awkward :P

(I'm also curious to know how Country Rap and Pop Rock doesn't make sense, seeing as how Rap simply refers to a style of singing that can be applied to any genre, and Pop Music have since the invention of the term (60 years ago) been used to describe a certain style of Rock & 'Roll.