hello

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
NightcoreMp3

hello

Post by NightcoreMp3 » October 16th, 2014, 6:53 pm

hello i'm new to nightcore and making nightcore i just wanted some recommendations and some tips and also to introduce myself to the nightcore community. my channel:https: //www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Aw8Tc94v-ywXsPw6TBbWQ
i use wave pad. just some questions i would like to ask
is wave pad good for nightcore?

how can i add animations like the sound waves into my videos

your opinion on my content? (be honest lol)

well thats all thanks -NightcoreMp3.
emilemil1

Re: hello

Post by emilemil1 » October 16th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Hi :)

WavePad is good, just make sure to save in high quality (320 kbps if you save as mp3). For animations such as audio spectrums most people use After Effects.

And opinions:

- There are some limitations on which genres can become Nightcore, you can read these threads for more info - What is Nightcore? / Why any sped-up song isn't Nightcore

- Make sure that the original song you're editing is in high quality (downloading from other YouTube videos is not recommended), save your Nightcore in high quality, and render your video in high quality. The sound in your videos is pretty bad, so I suspect that you're doing one or more of these things wrong ^^

- Include the artist and song name (and remixer, if any) in the video description or as an annotation. Giving credit is very important both for copyright reasons and to help people find the original. Also, if the artist happens to come across your video, he or she will surely appreciate it if you put their name there :P

- You've used several songs on YouTube's most viewed list for Nightcore, and in one case you've even used the same image as well. You're not going to score any points by copying others, especially not for songs that everyone's already heard, so at least make a slight effort to find your own stuff.

- This is more of a personal annoyance than anything, but I'd really like to see video titles that match the name of the song in both spelling and capitalization. Examples: "God is a girl" -> "God Is A Girl" / "DJ got us falling in love" -> "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love"
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » October 16th, 2014, 8:25 pm

It would be nice if someone on this community also got qualified for a place on the Nightcore channel list. Criteria listed above should be met, though. If you're still not sure about this all, you could try follow one of the links below.

http://www.di.fm/nightcore This radio station might give you a good indication to what Nightcore sounds like.
I hope this helps you out~

You could try to find out how other channels on youtube sound.
Maikel's Channel
HandzUp's Channel
NInjaah's Channel
Inari's Channel
Emile's Channel

These are some of the more popular channels. Mostly all video's, to put it bluntly, sound well.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
NightcoreMp3

Post by NightcoreMp3 » October 17th, 2014, 9:05 am

emilemil1 wrote:Hi :)

WavePad is good, just make sure to save in high quality (320 kbps if you save as mp3). For animations such as audio spectrums most people use After Effects.

And opinions:

- There are some limitations on which genres can become Nightcore, you can read these threads for more info - What is Nightcore? / Why any sped-up song isn't Nightcore

- Make sure that the original song you're editing is in high quality (downloading from other YouTube videos is not recommended), save your Nightcore in high quality, and render your video in high quality. The sound in your videos is pretty bad, so I suspect that you're doing one or more of these things wrong ^^

- Include the artist and song name (and remixer, if any) in the video description or as an annotation. Giving credit is very important both for copyright reasons and to help people find the original. Also, if the artist happens to come across your video, he or she will surely appreciate it if you put their name there :P

- You've used several songs on YouTube's most viewed list for Nightcore, and in one case you've even used the same image as well. You're not going to score any points by copying others, especially not for songs that everyone's already heard, so at least make a slight effort to find your own stuff.

- This is more of a personal annoyance than anything, but I'd really like to see video titles that match the name of the song in both spelling and capitalization. Examples: "God is a girl" -> "God Is A Girl" / "DJ got us falling in love" -> "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love"
yeah thanks ill try
NightcoreMp3

Post by NightcoreMp3 » October 17th, 2014, 9:14 am

could you show me an example of what song is going over limit for nightcore? emilemil1
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » October 17th, 2014, 10:19 am

NightcoreMp3 wrote:could you show me an example of what song is going over limit for nightcore? emilemil1
I dont know what you mean with limit but I still give it a try to help you. You maybe mean the range of genres right? I recommend to stay at the Techno/Dance/Trance genre. To be more specific Hands Up,Eurodance,Eurotrance,Italodance sometimes even Hardtrance. Nightcores have to fullfill criterias like vocals or a BPM of 160-180 sometimes its more when you nightcored it. This site also describes how nightcore sounds like and gives other interesting information about nightcore.

But its really hard to tell the definitions of the genres I listed if you search it on the internet you cant trust every definition you have to listen alot to nightcore to check if the definitions are true or false.

Well here is one album of the original nightcore group if you listen to this you will get an idea how songs should sound like to nightcore. With the genres I mentioned you will have an idea where to begin searching.

And the links which emil and slayer sent you are helpful too.

I hope I could help you.

Enjoy your stay! :)
Humiko

Post by Humiko » October 17th, 2014, 11:32 am

NightcoreMp3 wrote:could you show me an example of what song is going over limit for nightcore? emilemil1
Only few genres can be nightcored. The most commonly used ones are trance, techno and dance.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » October 17th, 2014, 12:25 pm

List of genres that can be used.

This list doesn't cover every genre, but it covers most. Also, just because a genre is in the list doesn't mean that every single song belonging to that genre can become Nightcore. Try getting a feel for it by listening to the original Nightcore tracks: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 553EB99A95

And here are some genres NOT to use:
  • Anything Acoustic
  • Rock/Metal
  • Electro/Electro House
  • Dubstep/Brostep/anything else ending in "-step"
  • R&B/Hip Hop/Rap