2014 Hong Kong protests/Umbrella Revolution/Occupy Central

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
HKO2006

2014 Hong Kong protests/Umbrella Revolution/Occupy Central

Post by HKO2006 » October 9th, 2014, 1:43 pm

In short, the China gov promised HK people that we will have universal suffrage for our Chief Executive (head of HK) but the Devil is in the detail. China gov limits the candidate must first be nominated by half of a Nomination Committee consist of 1200 representatives who are elected by around 250,000 HK people of company bosses and professionals. This committee is criticized for not being representative for HK people (250K vs >7 Mil total population/ ~5 Mil voters) and its pro-Beijing stands.

EDIT: turn out pretty much what I wanted to say is included in wiki. orz

See the second paragraph of the wiki for what really happened next.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Hong_Kong_protests

Why are there still class boycott even after China has promised “universal suffrage" for Hong Kong?
http://www.thenewslens.com/post/76937/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Committee
Last edited by HKO2006 on October 9th, 2014, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HFUNightcore

Re: 2014 Hong Kong protests/Umbrella Revolution/Occupy Centr

Post by HFUNightcore » October 9th, 2014, 1:59 pm

at least HK people have balls to demonstrate.In germany we have only misinformed pussys who cry but do shit. Its actually in every country like that the government are only representative of companys they are just puppets of economy bosses. They dont give a shit about us they only use us as their slaves to fullfill their greedy dreams. I know a good german saying. Who doesnt look over the plate rim should not be surprised what he will find on his plate later. Which means we should inform us about how our system works and stop working for this slavery system. Never watch public media they are all bought and not reliable. If you want to find out things about politics, our system, environment,economy look it up on the internet or read books which use sources that are true. You must not believe everything just believe what you think is right. It also took me a while to find the right sources on the internet and understand the truth.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » October 9th, 2014, 2:12 pm

HFU Nightcore wrote:at least HK people have balls to demonstrate.In germany we have only misinformed pussys who cry but do shit. Its actually in every country like that the government are only representative of companys they are just puppets of economy bosses. They dont give a shit about us they only use us as their slaves to fullfill their greedy dreams. I know a good german saying. Who doesnt look over the plate rim should not be surprised what he will find on his plate later. Which means we should inform us about how our system works and stop working for this slavery system. Never watch public media they are all bought and not reliable. If you want to find out things about politics, our system, environment,economy look it up on the internet or read books which use sources that are true. You must not believe everything just believe what you think is right. It also took me a while to find the right sources on the internet and understand the truth.
Right, the biggest TV in HK is demonizing the protest while covering the gov's ass. I used to trust it until the protest started.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Know Your Meme
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » October 9th, 2014, 2:17 pm

hko2006 wrote:
HFU Nightcore wrote:at least HK people have balls to demonstrate.In germany we have only misinformed pussys who cry but do shit. Its actually in every country like that the government are only representative of companys they are just puppets of economy bosses. They dont give a shit about us they only use us as their slaves to fullfill their greedy dreams. I know a good german saying. Who doesnt look over the plate rim should not be surprised what he will find on his plate later. Which means we should inform us about how our system works and stop working for this slavery system. Never watch public media they are all bought and not reliable. If you want to find out things about politics, our system, environment,economy look it up on the internet or read books which use sources that are true. You must not believe everything just believe what you think is right. It also took me a while to find the right sources on the internet and understand the truth.
Right, the biggest TV in HK is demonizing the protest while covering the gov's ass. I used to trust it until the protest started.
same here my friend. the media is so ridiculous. They find all sorts of funny and unlogic reasons to make a protest look like you are the bad one. In germany for example the media says to demonstrations about peace that the people there are all nazis. Thats rediciouless. Normal citizen tried to demonstrate against war and they are all bad talked on the media only because the fking media hides the truth.
Humiko

Post by Humiko » October 9th, 2014, 2:19 pm

HFU Nightcore wrote:
hko2006 wrote:
same here my friend. the media is so ridiculous. They find all sorts of funny and unlogic reasons to make a protest look like you are the bad one. In germany for example the media says to demonstrations about peace that the people there are all nazis. Thats rediciouless. Normal citizen tried to demonstrate against war and they are all bad talked on the media only because the fking media hides the truth.
Frankly, i am sure it's better than the Romanian media.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » October 20th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Busy editing the wiki page

Miku support song from Japan, see the lyrics on top
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMDrhrzI5ac

trivia, trend of nightcore vs the protest
http://www.google.com/trends/explore?hl ... ore&cmpt=q
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Know Your Meme