Nightcore?

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
HKO2006

Re: Nightcore?

Post by HKO2006 » June 20th, 2014, 1:04 am

Watch4FallingRock wrote:
hko2006 wrote:
Watch4FallingRock wrote:Similar to the OP, I don't see why "nightcore" can't be a word with multiple meanings. There are plenty of words out there that are used to call multiple different things.

For example:

This is a bat.
This is also a bat.

As you can see, the two objects are completely different things. Yet, the word "bat" is an acceptable term to call those things, despite being very different from each other.

So why can't the word "nightcore" work like that?
Because we can differentiate them with context.
But when everything is minimized to Nightcore - Poison. You can't tell which one you are going to get. I would prefer Maikel's one and avoid the one from Alice Cooper while fans of Alice Cooper would avoid the one from Maikel.

Imagine you are in store selling both this bat and this bat. And you ask the shop owner you want to buy a bat. It just confuse everyone and make people run into the undesirable one from time to time.

As a nightcore uploader myself, I try to avoid this by adding artist name and remix name like Nightcore - song name [artist] (remix). I guess this would help if everyone is doing this. Or non-nightcore uploaders just give up using nightcore and use sped up instead.

Nightcore fans have reasons to hold our ground for not giving up Nightcore. What is your reason fighting to widen the meaning of nightcore to non-nightcore?
I guess it's just that I wish the two generations of nightcore fans can get along with each other better. I read the thread that started it all, and frankly, I don't see how non-techno nightcore is disrespectful. The uploaders aren't out to hurt anyone by making their videos.
There are no "two generations of nightcore fans" there are just fans of different genres/styles. Even different styles in a genre can be very distinctive let alone different genres. Like I like Symphonic Metal but not Death Metal.

Symphonic Metal___________________Death Metal

Can you imagine if no one invented the names for Symphonic Metal and Death Metal and fans of metal music fighting over the word Metal, isn't it silly?

Good for nightstep fans that they have a name for what they like. I don't think nightcore fans against anyone create a name for the music they like. Wouldn't it be more convenient to have a name for sped up rock fans, so why not just coin a word?

The only channel I came across DO coined different names for sped up different genre/styles and I am totally supportive about it. And he said
NightstepCreator98 wrote:It fits better for me and when you say Nightcore you mean.. just music. When I name my songs for example Nightstep or Nightglitch, it clearly says that it's Dubstep or Glitch Hop.
The only thing common in nightcore and other sped up is they are both sped up. But compare all other sped up to nightcore, they have absolutely no rules. I remember seeing one "nightcore" tutorial using VDJ speeding up 5% and the BPM is 140 and say it is nightcore. While we all know that Nightcore is literally pitched up Happy Hardcore.

Again people don't like EDM won't like nightcore nor people don't like death metal would like it after speeding it up. So why force people to do that?
Wasting time and effort just to find what they like in a pile of "not so same thing".

Just more Symphonic Metal_______________And good editing skill

MagicScream wrote:I just stumbled upon this thread and it reminds me of when people kept using the "trance" label in their videos.

I remember back in 06-08, trance music was big on Youtube. We had big trance channels such as Zakuro111, Jakizhan, and 091330001. Soon enough, everyone was using the trance tag hoping to gain views and popularity. It seemed like any electronic song, regardless of genre was considered trance. I remember seeing genres such as house, jumpstyle, and even some pop songs being titled "Trance - Song" or something along those lines.

And because of that people looking for trance didn't quite get what they were hoping to hear. Videos sometimes had comments such as "This sounds nothing like trance" or "Wait, this is hardstyle, not trance".

I understand what HKO is saying because I feel that a similar thing is happening to nightcore. Everyone is misusing certain labels, and that leads to people not getting what they want, and consequently leads to confusion and/or arguments.
I guess it is the time for non-nightcore just stop using nightcore, there is no need for them to use nightcore as a sort of gimmick to help its growth any more consider they are more subs and channels than actual nightcore channels. They will just do fine and do a favour for nightcore fans.
Last edited by HKO2006 on June 23rd, 2014, 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

MagicScream

Post by MagicScream » June 20th, 2014, 1:30 am

I'm also guessing that the "not getting what you expect" concept was part of the reason why people like Maikel, Ravecoming, Kitashi, etc were becoming annoyed. Would you say this is correct?
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » June 20th, 2014, 2:43 pm

MagicScream wrote:I'm also guessing that the "not getting what you expect" concept was part of the reason why people like Maikel, Ravecoming, Kitashi, etc were becoming annoyed. Would you say this is correct?
Kirby wrote:Maikel doesn't come around nearly as much as he used to, and pretty much only when I tell him to. I have a good feeling there's a better chance he'll be here more often if we can show him that he's welcome and will be respected here, as he was in the old days. I'm sure he'll be willing to help you guys out then.
Hope Maikel still do.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.